Taylor Gabriel #18

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Liked the signing . Even made a thread about him before the Falcons played the Browns a couple years ago. People didn't believe me then when I said he was a threat

I remember that thread and agreed with you for sure. Most of my family are Ravens fans and Gabriel would carve them up when he actually got decent passes. I loved the signing and I'm glad it didn't take long for him to assert himself into the offense.

There is nothing bad I can say about Taylor Gabriel he has good hands he is quick and agile he can get around defenders and he ran 2 Jet sweeps for 24 yards and a touchdown this man right here can ball. I don't know why they won't let him try and take some KR or PR. He runs a 4.28 40 Yard Dash this man has wheels.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

The success of his end around is that teams have one more thing to worry about. Now we can use misdirection to go the other way or, if the safety creeps up, go down field against single coverage. I'm hoping Shanahan has more installs like that to put into the attack.

I'm sure he does. Loved the read option that Ryan used to score a 2 point conversion for the same reason.

Loved the article that was on here a day or so ago talking about how Shanahan's offense was so confusing that Ds were getting fooled by things they'd seen on tape.

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

yep, gladly eating crow on Gabriel, although I wasn't really against the signing, I just didn't see much of a difference in him and McKissic. Who knows what McKissic might do given the chance, but Gabriel has definitely proven his value in this system

The difference is 4.28 vs 4.5 speed.. 

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

The success of his end around is that teams have one more thing to worry about. Now we can use misdirection to go the other way or, if the safety creeps up, go down field against single coverage. I'm hoping Shanahan has more installs like that to put into the attack.

I read where Gabriel said  Shanahan installed running plays for him before Week 8 but didn't call any until the Week 9 game against the Bucs. .... We will see more after that game I'm sure.........

7 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Another thing is we're still adding little wrinkles into our offense that totally catch teams off guard.  Shannahan is killing it this season. Gabriel was a **** of a signing. 

7 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

Another thing is we're still adding little wrinkles into our offense that totally catch teams off guard.  Shannahan is killing it this season. Gabriel was a **** of a signing. 

Shanny is dialing it up this year. I guess it just took a year for everyone to feel him and and vice versa. 

Pound for pound one of the toughest players on the team. The kid doesn't shy away from contact and doesn't blink going over the middle. I'm very happy they picked up this kid. 

I cant believe Cleveland cut him. It's pretty obvious the kid has skills.

Edited by Emmitt

10 hours ago, FalconsFocus said:

There is nothing bad I can say about Taylor Gabriel he has good hands he is quick and agile he can get around defenders and he ran 2 Jet sweeps for 24 yards and a touchdown this man right here can ball. I don't know why they won't let him try and take some KR or PR. He runs a 4.28 40 Yard Dash this man has wheels.

Excellent observation- All the attributes you would want returning.  If he can last in high speed collisions, I bet DQ will have him returning at some point.

For years some of us have been screaming for a WR who can stretch the field. I was so disappointed that the Falcons didn't give J D Mckissic a chance BUT this dude has made this offense even more dangerous. I give Shanny super credit for getting this guy. MR is beginning to trust him, he is a BALLER!

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I ran a 4.7 in highschool.. Run a 7.4 now :lol:

yeah I ran 4.7 in high school to, I don't run at all now, :lol: matter of fact, I tell everyone, you see me running, you better just turn and run too. You can ask me why after we fall out and catch our breath again :lol::lol:

12 hours ago, falconidae said:

Shanahan's offense was so confusing that Ds were getting fooled by things they'd seen on tape.

It took one of the smartest QBs in the NFL two seasons to figure it out... No way defenses can do it with a week to prepare!  

I jest, but seriously when this offense is run properly and efficiently there is no way to defend it.

13 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

It took one of the smartest QBs in the NFL two seasons to figure it out... No way defenses can do it with a week to prepare!  

I jest, but seriously when this offense is run properly and efficiently there is no way to defend it.

Remember what Quinn said about wanting Shanahan? That his offense was the hardest to defend, looks like he know what he talking about.

16 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I ran a 4.7 in highschool.. Run a 7.4 now :lol:

14 minutes ago, papachaz said:

yeah I ran 4.7 in high school to, I don't run at all now, :lol: matter of fact, I tell everyone, you see me running, you better just turn and run too. You can ask me why after we fall out and catch our breath again :lol::lol:

Dang y'all ninjas were slow