Brian Poole...

The O.D.B

37 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

This ! I want to keep rocky but I'll understand if he walks. I think Tru is our guy and the rest have to follow suit. Y'all forget that Quinn has final say if rock stays or not. I think he wants him but he won't sacrifice too much to keep him. I think he gets a team friendly 3 year deal with a fourth year option. 

I like Alford I have no problem with him I'm just saying don't compare a Undrafted Rookie Free Agent to a guy that has been in the league for 4 years of course Alford is going to play better than Poole. Obviously DQ would have already made the change if he thought Alford couldn't get the job done. I believe our secondary is set for now besides FS.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, FalconsFocus said:

I like Alford I have no problem with him I'm just saying don't compare a Undrafted Rookie Free Agent to a guy that has been in the league for 4 years of course Alford is going to play better than Poole. Obviously DQ would have already made the change if he thought Alford couldn't get the job done. I believe our secondary is set for now besides FS.

Yep. I hate to say it but when we draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see FS in that mix. Early. 

1 minute ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Yep. I hate to say it but when we draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see FS in that mix. Early. 

Definitely if we can keep all of our pick I'm thinking

1 DE  4 CB  7 Maybe a K Matt Bryant is doing d*** good we still might need to get one for him to start learning under the all time scorer of the Atlanta Falcons

2 DT  5 QB

3 FS  6 C  

2 hours ago, primetime said:

He's playing much better than Alford and in a much harder position (slot). The more I watch of Alford the more I expect us not to resign him. Honestly he just doesn't learn from his mistakes. He gives penalties away even when he has good coverage and doesn't need to. I hate to say it but IMHO he is a cap casualty as someone will pay him like he's a very good CB and right now he's only an average CB who flashes. Both picks were insignificant also compared to some from his other years. He has always been a gambler but the Penalties are killing his stock. We need to spend his money (3-5 million) on a quality DT rather than an overpriced penalty happy CB

Both picks insignificant? Seriously? That's some stupid azz chit right there. He only put away our toughest division opponent when they had clawed back into the game. Alford has defensed vastly superior players to what Poole sees in the slot. I also think Poole gets torched a lot, and is overrated by many here.

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Both picks insignificant? Seriously? That's some stupid azz chit right there. He only put away our toughest division opponent when they had clawed back into the game. Alford has defensed vastly superior players to what Poole sees in the slot. I also think Poole gets torched a lot, and is overrated by many here.

Poole definitely isn't overated. How can a UDFA be overrated? He is solid, not spectacular. He makes plays and he gives us some. He isn't an elite athlete but he is very good one. His biggest traits are that he is physical and disciplined. He will get beat by the better athlete at times but he isn't out there making mental mistakes. He can tackle too. Alford has it rough. Teams pick on him...when they pick on him enough he makes a play but he does get beat wayyy too often. I don't think he gets resigned and though I love his athletic ability, his mental aint there.

12 hours ago, primetime said:

Poole is playing so much better than Alford that he will probably be the reason we let Alford walk. I'm not hear to start a new Alford hate post but the guy just can't stop with the penalties. What's worse is every one is justified and what pisses me off more than anything is his antics after each play. Hopefully Collins shows enough that they can let Alford walk next season because he is not worth the big money I'm assuming his agent goes chasing. Shame because he is 95% of a very good player.

Alford has had one penalty now in 2 games. Since his penalty fiasco 3 weeks ago. He's been solid and watching his hands and over 25% of the calls thrown against him. He didn't really commit a foul. He's still a top 20 Corner right now. Clear up the penalties. He's doing great and he'd be close to top 10 with Tru. Top 15 at least. 

Edited by Aries2887

1 hour ago, Aries2887 said:

Alford has had one penalty now in 2 games. Since his penalty fiasco 3 weeks ago. He's been solid and watching his hands and over 25% of the calls thrown against him. He didn't really commit a foul. He's still a top 20 Corner right now. Clear up the penalties. He's doing great and he'd be close to top 10 with Tru. Top 15 at least. 

That TD vs Evans was just a guy who looked completely lost vs the wr. I appreciate Evans is 6-5 or whatever and Alford 5-10 but he didn't even jump for the ball. Basically he panics too often at the clutch time and that's no good for a guy who will want 3-5 millIon per year minimum IMHO. To be clear I don't hate the guy I just think he's a good CB who makes out like he's a great CB 

1 hour ago, primetime said:

That TD vs Evans was just a guy who looked completely lost vs the wr. I appreciate Evans is 6-5 or whatever and Alford 5-10 but he didn't even jump for the ball. Basically he panics too often at the clutch time and that's no good for a guy who will want 3-5 millIon per year minimum IMHO. To be clear I don't hate the guy I just think he's a good CB who makes out like he's a great CB 

I just posted this in another thread:

Not sure if anyone remembered this, but near the end of the game Evans literally had no energy left. He ran down the right sideline very slow (even Collinsworth commented that it was the slowest route in football history or something like that) and Alford was covering him, and as slow as he was, if Evens hadn't let the ball go off his hands it still would have been a TD. 

Actually that touchdown vs Evans shouldve been called back for offensive pass interference. Evans held Alfords arms down before he caught the ball. Totally a horse crap call. Alford has had 2 TDs go against him that should've been called back for P.I. Guess who else allowed a TD vs Evans? Trufant. The ball wasn't even thrown high.

@ Styka, Poole is overrated in that people are saying he's playing much better than alford. He definitely isnt. He's guarding far inferior wr like humphries and he's been taking a lot of lumps. 

7 hours ago, Aries2887 said:

Alford is very good. I hope that we extend him. He's one of the most athletic cbs I've ever seen. 

6 hours ago, primetime said:

He didn't jump because Evans was holding his arms down 

On 04/11/2016 at 3:53 PM, primetime said:

Poole is playing so much better than Alford that he will probably be the reason we let Alford walk. I'm not hear to start a new Alford hate post but the guy just can't stop with the penalties. What's worse is every one is justified and what pisses me off more than anything is his antics after each play. Hopefully Collins shows enough that they can let Alford walk next season because he is not worth the big money I'm assuming his agent goes chasing. Shame because he is 95% of a very good player.

Poole is straight slot cb. made for the role.  Collins/Goodwin will take Alfords spot. next season they will both be more than rdy. Could even let go of Tru and Alf and start Collins, Poole and Goodwin to save money...I know it's crazy but think about it...this IS the NFL afterall. Crazy sh*t happens

8 hours ago, osiruz said:

Actually that touchdown vs Evans shouldve been called back for offensive pass interference. Evans held Alfords arms down before he caught the ball. Totally a horse crap call. Alford has had 2 TDs go against him that should've been called back for P.I. Guess who else allowed a TD vs Evans? Trufant. The ball wasn't even thrown high.

@ Styka, Poole is overrated in that people are saying he's playing much better than alford. He definitely isnt. He's guarding far inferior wr like humphries and he's been taking a lot of lumps. 

Trufant didn't have a great game. Cover 3 will always give up shallow patterns and make the cbs look soft. But Tru didn't give away dumb penalties and he certainly tried to make a play on the TD to Evans. My issue is not getting beat (this happens to all cbs) it's the manner in which he is beaten deep and is too often grabbing/holding at the critical points. I would be happy to resign him 2-3 million a year but watch Miami offer him 5-7 million a year. This money would be better spent on a DT. Right now I would have tried to trade Alford and our second round pick for Sheldon Richardson (jets need CB help bad). I would prefer to run with an improved pass rush and lesser cbs than continue with Alford tbh. I am extremely confident he won't be with us next season due to price and the issues above 

Edited by primetime

3 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Poole is straight slot cb. made for the role.  Collins/Goodwin will take Alfords spot. next season they will both be more than rdy. Could even let go of Tru and Alf and start Collins, Poole and Goodwin to save money...I know it's crazy but think about it...this IS the NFL afterall. Crazy sh*t happens

We will keep Tru. We are following the Seattle model (as much as people try to say otherwise) and Quinn will keep at least one good CB. 

On 11/4/2016 at 6:06 PM, osiruz said:

Qbs attack Poole too, I don't see him with 2 ints, Tds, or 10 pds. My point being that Alford is unfairly maligned and he's had quietly a good season. Not to mention he's had at least 2 bs calls go against him like the int in the Raiders game.

Nah that was a push off against the Raiders. He has had a couple of iffy calls. I agree with you on that