Brian Poole...

The O.D.B

2 hours ago, athell said:

Brian Poole is coole!

Also, Kiper let his list out of the top rookies so far and Atlanta had 4!  Jones, Neal, Poole and Hooper got a mention.  There is your 4 starters and Campbell would probably be on the list had he not been hurt.  5 starters out of 1 draft, folks.  I call that a success...

Don't forget the behind the scenes stuff too...

We have a RG that would possibly be starting right now if the vets weren't doing well. That's allowing him a year to get the scheme, to get stronger, smarter, etc. without having to throw him to the wolves. I think that's gonna pay huge dividends next year when we takes over for Chester & can hit the ground running.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ShmevinShmarris said:

Why? Announcers said last night that Poole is arguably the best nickel corner in the entire league. We got him as an udfa aka he's dirt cheap. 

Alford is gone the off-season. Drone like the redskins will pay him

I don't know if poole is the best NCB in the league. He's ok. He's had his ups and for sure many downs. I'm also high on Alford for his play making ability, I rather that we pay him, and he shouldnt be too expensive.

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I don't know if poole is the best NCB in the league. He's ok. He's had his ups and for sure many downs. I'm also high on Alford for his play making ability, I rather that we pay him, and he shouldnt be too expensive.

Fair enough. Even if he signs for 5/6 million per year we could have Poole for peanuts the rest of his rookie contract.

I honestly don't recall one "down" that Poole has had. He's been one of the most consistent players on our team. 

1 minute ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Fair enough. Even if he signs for 5/6 million per year we could have Poole for peanuts the rest of his rookie contract.

I honestly don't recall one "down" that Poole has had. He's been one of the most consistent players on our team. 

Td last game vs Packers?

10 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

I wouldn't consider giving up a touchdown as a "down" for a guy. Maybe that's just me. Every corner gives up touchdowns. But not everyone corner gets abused and leads the league in penalties like Alford. Kicking him inside isn't going to fix technique. 

This is because like most alford haters you are ignorant.

Penalties beat Tds any day all day. Alford has allowed less TDs guarding elite talent like Mike Evans, and Nelson weekly. He is also unfairly targeted on some of those bs calls. Not to mention he has more passes defensed and more interceptions.

13 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Penalties beat Tds any day all day. Alford has allowed less TDs guarding elite talent like Mike Evans, and Nelson weekly. He is also unfairly targeted on some of those bs calls. Not to mention he has more passes defensed and more interceptions.

Hater; what are you twelve? So now I'm ignorant because I have a difference in opinion? Alford gives up touchdowns and penalties so what the **** is your point?

Of course he has more passes defenses. Quarterbacks attack him instead of Trufant. With us playing with lead teams are trying to throw the ball all over the field. 

I'll support whoever the falcons put on the field and want everyone in our uniform to succeed

6 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Hater; what are you twelve? So now I'm ignorant because I have a difference in opinion? Alford gives up touchdowns and penalties so what the **** is your point?

Of course he has more passes defenses. Quarterbacks attack him instead of Trufant. With us playing with lead teams are trying to throw the ball all over the field. 

I'll support whoever the falcons put on the field and want everyone in our uniform to succeed

Qbs attack Poole too, I don't see him with 2 ints, Tds, or 10 pds. My point being that Alford is unfairly maligned and he's had quietly a good season. Not to mention he's had at least 2 bs calls go against him like the int in the Raiders game.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Qbs attack Poole too, I don't see him with 2 ints, Tds, or 10 pds. My point being that Alford is unfairly maligned and he's had quietly a good season. Not to mention he's had at least 2 bs calls go against him like the int in the Raiders game.

Now you're comparing a Undrafted Free Agent Rookie to a 4 year 2nd round pick Player. Jeez

Alford is undisciplined to a fault. By now, he's being given zero benefit of doubt from the officials. His PI last night was less obvious and far less impactful than Sherman's egregious grab of Julio but the flag got him while Sherman escaped. IMO, Alford might walk if King gets healthy and shows promise in the off-season program. Especially if Collins is capable of being a solid #2 and Poole progresses.

22 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I don't know man, I'm not too sold on poole. He's decent, we'll see.

They only thing wrong with Alford is that he is undersized for a non-nickel corner other than that he is perfect. The reason for all of the calls usually is because he is trying to get an advantage on the receiver by getting hands on them early and jumping to the ball to make a play.

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

I don't know man, I'm not too sold on poole. He's decent, we'll see.

He's playing much better than Alford and in a much harder position (slot). The more I watch of Alford the more I expect us not to resign him. Honestly he just doesn't learn from his mistakes. He gives penalties away even when he has good coverage and doesn't need to. I hate to say it but IMHO he is a cap casualty as someone will pay him like he's a very good CB and right now he's only an average CB who flashes. Both picks were insignificant also compared to some from his other years. He has always been a gambler but the Penalties are killing his stock. We need to spend his money (3-5 million) on a quality DT rather than an overpriced penalty happy CB

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

Wanna run the ignorance thing by me again? 

3 hours ago, CaliFalcons said:

Really like Poole, hope he continues to improve and hold that nickel down for years

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Alford is undisciplined to a fault. By now, he's being given zero benefit of doubt from the officials. His PI last night was less obvious and far less impactful than Sherman's egregious grab of Julio but the flag got him while Sherman escaped. IMO, Alford might walk if King gets healthy and shows promise in the off-season program. Especially if Collins is capable of being a solid #2 and Poole progresses.

51 minutes ago, primetime said:

He's playing much better than Alford and in a much harder position (slot). The more I watch of Alford the more I expect us not to resign him. Honestly he just doesn't learn from his mistakes. He gives penalties away even when he has good coverage and doesn't need to. I hate to say it but IMHO he is a cap casualty as someone will pay him like he's a very good CB and right now he's only an average CB who flashes. Both picks were insignificant also compared to some from his other years. He has always been a gambler but the Penalties are killing his stock. We need to spend his money (3-5 million) on a quality DT rather than an overpriced penalty happy CB

25 minutes ago, Jahi Sun said:

He was in perfect coverage that was just an amazing throw by rodgers.  

6 hours ago, athell said:

Brian Poole is coole!

Also, Kiper let his list out of the top rookies so far and Atlanta had 4!  Jones, Neal, Poole and Hooper got a mention.  There is your 4 starters and Campbell would probably be on the list had he not been hurt.  5 starters out of 1 draft, folks.  I call that a success...

Just posted that article. But Hopper isn't in there. Only as a 'keep your eyes on' kind of guy.

6 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

Just have to throw this out there. For all the Talk of Neal, Jones, Campbell, Hooper and others, the Steal of the Off season just might be Brian Poole. He's not perfect but neither are the others. For a UDFA to play at such a high level is frankly amazing. During draft season I was sooo off base on him as I expected him to be a PS guy who never became anything. 

BP You are fun to watch my man. Keep learning and improving. I could see you as a staple of our defense sir. 

Brian+Poole+Carolina+Panthers+v+Atlanta+

One word - keeper 

3 hours ago, FalconsFocus said:

Now you're comparing a Undrafted Free Agent Rookie to a 4 year 2nd round pick Player. Jeez

This ! I want to keep rocky but I'll understand if he walks. I think Tru is our guy and the rest have to follow suit. Y'all forget that Quinn has final say if rock stays or not. I think he wants him but he won't sacrifice too much to keep him. I think he gets a team friendly 3 year deal with a fourth year option. 

4 hours ago, k-train said:

Don't forget the behind the scenes stuff too...

We have a RG that would possibly be starting right now if the vets weren't doing well. That's allowing him a year to get the scheme, to get stronger, smarter, etc. without having to throw him to the wolves. I think that's gonna pay huge dividends next year when we takes over for Chester & can hit the ground running.

Wes!