Brian Poole...

The O.D.B

Just have to throw this out there. For all the Talk of Neal, Jones, Campbell, Hooper and others, the Steal of the Off season just might be Brian Poole. He's not perfect but neither are the others. For a UDFA to play at such a high level is frankly amazing. During draft season I was sooo off base on him as I expected him to be a PS guy who never became anything. 

BP You are fun to watch my man. Keep learning and improving. I could see you as a staple of our defense sir. 

Brian+Poole+Carolina+Panthers+v+Atlanta+

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Poole is coole!

Also, Kiper let his list out of the top rookies so far and Atlanta had 4!  Jones, Neal, Poole and Hooper got a mention.  There is your 4 starters and Campbell would probably be on the list had he not been hurt.  5 starters out of 1 draft, folks.  I call that a success...

1 minute ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

Lol so frustrating that we got all these studs on D and still one of the worst defenses in the league. 

How many starters are first or second year players on this unit?

Beasley, Jarrett, Jones, Campbell, Poole, Neal, Allen?  Throw in Collins and Goodwin and it's no wonder why they are going through some growing pains.  They are showing flashes though, they are going to be very good pretty soon.

20 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

Lol so frustrating that we got all these studs on D and still one of the worst defenses in the league. 

Spoken like the true EVIL Dan Quinn. Ha.  This defense drives me nuts, but I can definitely see the potential.  Collinsworth said something last night that I believe.  It may not be until 2017 that these guys really start playing sound football but you can see them slowly getting a little bit better each week.  I'm seeing more and more contested passes each week even if completed and less guys running completely wide open.

2 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Spoken like the true EVIL Dan Quinn. Ha.  This defense drives me nuts, but I can definitely see the potential.  Collinsworth said something last night that I believe.  It may not be until 2017 that these guys really start playing sound football but you can see them slowly getting a little bit better each week.  I'm seeing more and more contested passes each week even if completed and less guys running completely wide open.

Like ICD said above, he mentioned it may not be until next year or weeks 14-17 this year.  He then mentioned them making a run in the playoffs.  I did see improvement after the first series last night and if it weren't for that Ryan fumble with gift field positioning and Mike Evans playing keep away, that defense completely shut down their offense the rest of the game (until the hated garbage time).

Poole is playing so much better than Alford that he will probably be the reason we let Alford walk. I'm not hear to start a new Alford hate post but the guy just can't stop with the penalties. What's worse is every one is justified and what pisses me off more than anything is his antics after each play. Hopefully Collins shows enough that they can let Alford walk next season because he is not worth the big money I'm assuming his agent goes chasing. Shame because he is 95% of a very good player.

35 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

I guess it is to be expected with all the youth at so many key positions. I too don't care for the mistakes. However, I do like the intensity I see from the hits and tackles. Still a lot to clean up though.

Edited by 4dabirds

Its ironic, Alfords main issue is on downfield passes. He would be a top slot cb IMO. I think his playmaking and great tackling are under appreciated. Clean up the penalties and he could be a probowler. I'd say he will be a value in FA, with the penalties lowering his cost. If a team thinks they can clean that up then he's very attractive. Let Denver sign him and put him in man press coverage, he'd look like a probowler. Rather keep him because lack of depth at cb can derail a team.

30 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Yeah. The players on the Seattle D were brought on around the same time and it took them a little while to mesh. Same thing with ours. People need to practice patience. At least DQ has had a vision from the get go and it's slowly starting to come together. 

1 hour ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

We do have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball but what we don't have right now is a vocal leader. I hate to say it but before William Moore was the on to step up and be a leader and I know he was hurt most of the season but that doesn't matter he was still a leader. Now Spoon was trying to step up and be a vocal leader but sadly he also got injured if you look at when he was mic'd up against the aints he was telling the D not to find any comfort in how the aints O was playing that's what our Defense is missing right now.

I put the whole playlist up just in case anyone wants to watch any other mic'd up's but watch the one with Spoon and you will see what I mean.

Edited by FalconsFocus

1 hour ago, athell said:

Brian Poole is coole!

Also, Kiper let his list out of the top rookies so far and Atlanta had 4!  Jones, Neal, Poole and Hooper got a mention.  There is your 4 starters and Campbell would probably be on the list had he not been hurt.  5 starters out of 1 draft, folks.  I call that a success...

Campbell starts to