Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zone#7

Edy Traves cut???

18 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2016 at 5:14 PM, Zone#7 said:

When did this happen and why? Maybe this was discussed already . 

Hawks release Tavares, sign Kelly

VivlamoreChris.JPG
1:30 p.m Monday, Oct. 31, 2016  Atlanta Hawks

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-release-tavares-sign-kelly/lPqkK6zV3WYqnKBltf6qRI/

This link gives a little detail but I guess they wanted to go with mobile bigs.

49 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Hawks release Tavares, sign Kelly

VivlamoreChris.JPG
1:30 p.m Monday, Oct. 31, 2016  Atlanta Hawks

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-release-tavares-sign-kelly/lPqkK6zV3WYqnKBltf6qRI/

This link gives a little detail but I guess they wanted to go with mobile bigs.

Honestly that's upsetting.. besides Howard, what other rim protectors do we have? 

49 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Honestly that's upsetting.. besides Howard, what other rim protectors do we have? 

I just don't understand why you wouldn't let the guy learn under Howard. I have no faith in splitter but in coach Bud I trust.

12 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I just don't understand why you wouldn't let the guy learn under Howard. I have no faith in splitter but in coach Bud I trust.

No faith AT ALL in splitter.. but yea we have to trust bud.. really enjoyed the thought of twin towers deux 

48 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

No faith AT ALL in splitter.. but yea we have to trust bud.. really enjoyed the thought of twin towers deux 

Yep but I see the reasoning but man just think if dude would have gotten it together.

1 minute ago, jayu70 said:

Mike Scott is out at least 4 weeks with knee injury. Hawks needed a PF that can score.

No doubt and I think kelly will fit that role nicely.

14 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Mike Scott is out at least 4 weeks with knee injury. Hawks needed a PF that can score.

Yeah totally forgot about that. It's not like coach Bud just changed his mind and decided that Ryan Kelly was a better option when Edy actually made the team. I just hope no other team signs him in the meantime.

2 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Yeah totally forgot about that. It's not like coach Bud just changed his mind and decided that Ryan Kelly was a better option when Edy actually made the team. I just hope no other team signs him in the meantime.

Agreed

I wondered why Tavares didn't get into the last blow out game they had. As the posters said above, Moose's development made Tavares expendable...

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:55 AM, slickgadawg said:

I wondered why Tavares didn't get into the last blow out game they had. As the posters said above, Moose's development made Tavares expendable...

That and, aside from his size, Edy allowed himself to get pushed out of the box a lot. He still needs to bulk up some.