jamie collins for a 3rd rounder

Sipifalcon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Why the **** would the Browns,  a team without a win, trade away a 3rd round pick for a player they probably won't be able to sign? Is he the missing piece for their one win streak that's coming up? They need draft picks.

Don't need to be the missing piece in order for a trade to make sense.  There will probably be no 3rd round talent nearly as good, at least in the near future, as Jamie Collins.  The media will now trash Collins to make the trade seem more palatable, but Collins is a stud LB and young.  The Browns just got a huge upgrade at the LB spot.

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Why the **** would the Browns,  a team without a win, trade away a 3rd round pick for a player they probably won't be able to sign? Is he the missing piece for their one win streak that's coming up? They need draft picks.

Collins is a stud and he's young. They have the option of tagging him as well. They will probably get a much greater return from him than a rookie for the next 3-5 years. 

Just now, sonnyjim said:

How do the Browns know they'll even have a third round conditional pick?  Mack and Gabriel will draw picks, but I thought they didn"t announce specifics until after the season.

Yeah, I dunno.  That part is fuzzy to me as well.

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

They can franchise him but if he walk they will get a compensatory pick - probably the same pick they just gave the Patriots.

Its been reported that he wants a Von Miller type contract and the Browns have the cap space to give it to him.

5 minutes ago, sonnyjim said:

How do the Browns know they'll even have a third round conditional pick?  Mack and Gabriel will draw picks, but I thought they didn"t announce specifics until after the season.

I don't understand that either, but they lost Mack which may bring a 3rd. Travis Benjamin also, so I guess they know they will get a 3rd Rd Comp.

Trade is still a bit of a head scratcher for me unless there is something (attitude) we don't know about. The Pat's could've let him walk and got a 3rd Rd comp pick, granted a year later, depending who they sign.

Guess they knew he was going to walk, so said let's get something. His contract will be huge

Edited by jeffro2000

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

They've been historically bad with picks so I guess they're trying something new lol..

Taking proven players isn't a bad idea unless of course they can't sign him.

I get that the Pats dont like paying players, but they are going to make a deep playoff run.

Why trade one of your best players when he is important to their teams success?

If he left after the season as a FA they would be compensated anyway.

But we all know that Bellichick is a wizard.

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

They can franchise him but if he walk they will get a compensatory pick - probably the same pick they just gave the Patriots.

Its been reported that he wants a Von Miller type contract and the Browns have the cap space to give it to him.

Lol seriously?

Just now, athell said:

It just continues to not make sense from a Pats POV

There you go. Clears confusion how they could trade a 3rd Rd comp pick that they don't have yet. So it is a conditional 3rd Rd comp pk. It will be little difference between a 3rd Rd comp vs their regular 4th.

I think it could be more to the story or they knew he was asking for way too much, they have other priorities, so just got something for him now 

13 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

I get that the Pats dont like paying players, but they are going to make a deep playoff run.

Why trade one of your best players when he is important to their teams success?

If he left after the season as a FA they would be compensated anyway.

But we all know that Bellichick is a wizard.

Because they have a manufacturing plant.