Great win but...

Osiruz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense is young. I believe its 6 out of the starting 11 are either rookies or 2nd year players? Not sure if thats correct but thats what I heard. Lots of upshot for sure. I think come January...this D will be better than they are now.   I really like the pass rush improvement. Beasley has finally arrived!

Coverage is a problem. When they go man on man coverage...they seem to get burned when the qb runs. In zone covg....its very soft and it gives me headaches to have to watch.  

I think Quinn is leaning toward a bend but dont break philosophy. Its not a coaching problem they are just trying to fit the inexperienced players  with the best scheme.

They will get better.

8 minutes ago, falconidae said:

The D, and the whole team, are playing much better than the first game. 

Don't get me wrong I'm one of the biggest supporters of the D.. I was just shooting a hole in what you said. But yes I agree the d will be better. 7/11 starters are 24 or younger. Tru is 27 alf is 28 and the only old guys are Jackson babs freeny. Everyone else is 29 or younger for the most part 

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Don't get me wrong I'm one of the biggest supporters of the D.. I was just shooting a hole in what you said. But yes I agree the d will be better. 7/11 starters are 24 or younger. Tru is 27 alf is 28 and the only old guys are Jackson babs freeny. Everyone else is 29 or younger for the most part 

Not will be better, they are better. Only difference is they've gone up against 2 stud QBs in back to back weeks.

Offense had problems of its own in week one. Think they can take Tampa on Thursday.

Just now, falconidae said:

Not will be better, they are better. Only difference is they've gone up against 2 stud QBs in back to back weeks.

Offense had problems of its own in week one. Think they can take Tampa on Thursday.

I agree, sorry I gues what I said didn't come through as clear as I wanted but if we can get the pressure on him like we have been the past 4 weeks then I think we take this game handily 34-17

35 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I agree, sorry I gues what I said didn't come through as clear as I wanted but if we can get the pressure on him like we have been the past 4 weeks then I think we take this game handily 34-17

no sweat, I'm thinking a similiar score, although I'm a little afraid to make a thread to that effect.

20 hours ago, coastiemike said:

I agree-the guy is versatile and can play multiple positions; although I would like to see him at DT. We rarely seen to get good pressure and push up the middle. We could really use a good FS too but I haven't heard any rumors of any being available for trade. Our secondary has been brutal lately and from what I can see a lot of it has to do with the safeties-we have some good corners and I know Neal is just a rook but man they have been making some bad reads and taking poor angles on tackles!!

21 hours ago, osiruz said:

For the love of God can we fix this defense? It's so hard to watch.

I know. We field the leagues #1 offense and every week we are in a track meet because this defense is so AWFUL. I feel like we have to score 30+ every single week in order to have a chance to win

It's Monday.  I think it's cool to come off the high of the win and start griping now.

I really came into the season thinking the secondary was our strength and the Dline would be a liability.  Turns out it's more the other way around.  Beasley and Clayborn have been really good.  Freeney has been good when he's gotten snaps (he was clearly hurt yesterday).

I expected Allen to build off of last season but he's been awful.  Alford has been up and down.  Neal and Poole have looked good for rookies and Tru has been Tru.

LBers are taking rookie lumps.  Overall look pretty good.

21 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

Troff needs to be on the phone with someone for a defensive player we're in win now mode not next yr anx ths d wont take us far it just wont... Come on td

They spent some serious bucks this off-season to get Mack, Sanu, Shelby, etc., you'd think seeing this team really has some post-season potential they wouldn't hesitate to make one more top-tier acquisition. As someone said in another thread, this team isn't going anywhere serious in the play-offs with this D, not going to be where they need to be from where they are right now by the time post-season arrives without some more high-quality, high-dollar help.

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep. Somehow this D just can't get everything handled on the same play more than 3 or 4 times a quarter.

The interesting part, defense looked better when we played man... way better than the predictable cover 3 we ran the first half. Maybe we've been running the wrong scheme lol

Edited by Oh4Real?!