Jump to content

The most realistic DEF playbook in Madden for ATL?


Libid21
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for a realistic playbook to use when playing as Atlanta. At the moment, the Falcons' playbook in the game is a 4-3 defense that plays in a traditional manner. However, in real life, it is a 4-3 under defense where the SLB/LOLB is always blitzing (Vic Beasley in real life). Here is a link explaining some of Quinn's defensive schemes: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/12/7530991/everything-you-need-to-know-about-dan-quinns-defense

Is there a playbook that best replicates our defense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Atlanta's playbook is the most realistic playbook to play with.

Vic doesn't blitz hardly ever from base when he is at SAM. He is a Nickel rusher more than anything. And Madden has actually done a good job defaulting Atlanta's nickel package to the 3-3-5 that has him at left end without having to change packages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Atlanta's playbook is the most realistic playbook to play with.

Vic doesn't blitz hardly ever from base when he is at SAM. He is a Nickel rusher more than anything. And Madden has actually done a good job defaulting Atlanta's nickel package to the 3-3-5 that has him at left end without having to change packages.

The 3-3-5 is in Atlanta's playbook in 17?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The 3-3-5 is in Atlanta's playbook in 17?

Yeah, but it's basically Nickel Normal as in all the pass rushers have their hands on the ground.

In year's past they didn't have the default personnel packages to get a linebacker to rush in Nickel and play regular linebacker in base.  So, if you faced say Oakland which was a default 4-3 playbook, Khalil Mack would be in as a LOLB in their base 4-3 stuff, but he would disappear when they went to Nickel.  Essentially, you would never see Khalil Mack rush the passer because the CPU didn't use the packages on the right stick.  It could only use him as a linebacker on the depth chart.

So, what they did was the programmed certain teams that have those tweener 4-3 SAM/Nickel rusher/linebackers, like Atlanta and Oakland -- in their playbooks Nickel Normal actually showed up as Nickel 3-3-5, so that Vic stays on the field in nickel.  Only when you pick a play from that set, and come to the line it actually is nickel normal with 4 defensive ends and 2 linebackers, but now Vic is pass rusher with his hand in the dirt.  

Next time to use Quinn's playbook, take a look when you go to nickel and see how it's listed a 3-3-5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seattle's Playbook is close to ours but features more single high packages. I move Keanu to FS and start Ish. I leave Brooks Reed in as Campbell blows assignments regularly. Funny thing is Alford plays alot like he does in real life. He'll give up major yards and catches but make a great play every now and again. Vic is a beast. He is especially better in run defense on the game as opposed to real life. Grady is under rated and blows on the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yeah, but it's basically Nickel Normal as in all the pass rushers have their hands on the ground.

In year's past they didn't have the default personnel packages to get a linebacker to rush in Nickel and play regular linebacker in base.  So, if you faced say Oakland which was a default 4-3 playbook, Khalil Mack would be in as a LOLB in their base 4-3 stuff, but he would disappear when they went to Nickel.  Essentially, you would never see Khalil Mack rush the passer because the CPU didn't use the packages on the right stick.  It could only use him as a linebacker on the depth chart.

So, what they did was the programmed certain teams that have those tweener 4-3 SAM/Nickel rusher/linebackers, like Atlanta and Oakland -- in their playbooks Nickel Normal actually showed up as Nickel 3-3-5, so that Vic stays on the field in nickel.  Only when you pick a play from that set, and come to the line it actually is nickel normal with 4 defensive ends and 2 linebackers, but now Vic is pass rusher with his hand in the dirt.  

Next time to use Quinn's playbook, take a look when you go to nickel and see how it's listed a 3-3-5.

I never noticed. Gonna try it when I get home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Seattle's Playbook is close to ours but features more single high packages. I move Keanu to FS and start Ish. I leave Brooks Reed in as Campbell blows assignments regularly. Funny thing is Alford plays alot like he does in real life. He'll give up major yards and catches but make a great play every now and again. Vic is a beast. He is especially better in run defense on the game as opposed to real life. Grady is under rated and blows on the game. 

What do you mean when you say Seattle has more single high packages?  Their playbook is exactly like Atlanta's; same coverages and all.  The only thing I've seen that might be a little different is some of the audibles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

What do you mean when you say Seattle has more single high packages?  Their playbook is exactly like Atlanta's; same coverages and all.  The only thing I've seen that might be a little different is some of the audibles.

My mistake. I was thinking they had more packages with variations of Cover 3 and 1 but they are the exact same packages. Guess the difference is the players and their tendencies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...