Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Hawks October/November Thread

299 posts in this topic

I really want to turn this game off and go to bed, but I can't force myself to do it. The Hawks are a dirty trick that year in and year out pull you in, but they always disappoint. Unfortunately the NBA is built to allow super teams to form, and the Hawks will have a hard time doing that

**** it. **** it.

**** it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard is supposed to invigorate this team...

But it took 2 years after Larry "Drew" 's departure before we had the 60 win season.

I think if it's not this year, it's next. Howard needs time to get "adjusted" to the ATL

if theyre out of the playoffs a week before the all star break IT still isnt over, remember what happened to the all star 60 win hawks after the all star break? Id rather see where their hearts really are in that situation fight or flight

Tough lost to a good team. I truly think some guys are pressing which is translating to poor shooting. I still think we are going to be a top ten team.

13 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Tough lost to a good team. I truly think some guys are pressing which is translating to poor shooting. I still think we are going to be a top ten team.

We don't have enough scorers. I mean, how is it that the Warriors can play good defense and still light teams up? Same as the Spurs? Because they have guys that can get buckets.

We have a bunch of one-trick ponies. Shroder can't shoot jumpers and he's turnover prone. Baze is just an athlete, but nothing more. Korver can only knock down open threes. At least Thabo is a really good defender, but on most nights that's all he brings.

What kills me with this team is that we have roleplayers at best that are starting, and we just threw a $70 million contract at one of them. All this shows is just how good a coach Bud is, because none of these guys other than Howard and Millsap and maybe Shroder would start on other teams.

Are we a top 10 team? Sure, but that's mostly because of good defense. But we won't last in the playoffs. As we repeatedly see, scorers decide games.

blkbigdog35 likes this

13 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I really want to turn this game off and go to bed, but I can't force myself to do it. The Hawks are a dirty trick that year in and year out pull you in, but they always disappoint. Unfortunately the NBA is built to allow super teams to form, and the Hawks will have a hard time doing that

Devin Booker on Instagram: “Just stopped by and watched the champ work. Great experience. Thanks for havin me by floyd mayweather:

9 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

We don't have enough scorers. I mean, how is it that the Warriors can play good defense and still light teams up? Same as the Spurs? Because they have guys that can get buckets.

We have a bunch of one-trick ponies. Shroder can't shoot jumpers and he's turnover prone. Baze is just an athlete, but nothing more. Korver can only knock down open threes. At least Thabo is a really good defender, but on most nights that's all he brings.

What kills me with this team is that we have roleplayers at best that are starting, and we just threw a $70 million contract at one of them. All this shows is just how good a coach Bud is, because none of these guys other than Howard and Millsap and maybe Shroder would start on other teams.

Are we a top 10 team? Sure, but that's mostly because of good defense. But we won't last in the playoffs. As we repeatedly see, scorers decide games.

Excellent points and I would like to see THJ and Prince get more minutes because they are scorers. I'm going to give them another month to gel but if this continues then coach Bud will have to address personnel.

Wednesday's Hawks News: Scott upgraded to questionable, could return soon

4:13 AM ET
  • ESPN.com

Scott closer to return, upgraded to questionable: Mike Scott is getting closer to a return. The Hawks reserve forward has not played this season due to a sore left knee. However, the team upgraded Scott to questionable on their injury report released ahead of Wednesday’s game against the Suns. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

No moral victories as Hawks continue to be battle-tested: There will be a film session after the Hawks’ latest loss. Count on it. This review may well be more productive than any look back at the stretch of six defeats in seven games for the struggling team. The Hawks dropped a 105-100 decision at the Warriors on Monday night, a contest in which they led much of the way only to falter with late mistakes. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

HAWKS ASSIGN DEANDRE BEMBRY TO D-LEAGUE

Atlanta sent the No. 21 overall draftee to its D-League affiliate. Dembry hasn't played much this season scoring only nine points in 35 minutes in seven appearances this season.

•  
  •  
  •  
1h

Watched this from start to finish and I feel like they need to involve Howard more on the offensive end. Instead of pic and roll at the top. Get him on the low block and let guys move and cut to the basket because you know he will get doubled. That's just a recommendation but this team is underachieving right now.

When you let a guy like PJ Tucker go to town on you, a guy not known for his offense, you are not even close to an NBA level athlete anymore. This is a major problem, but maybe Bud is close to resigning to this fact.

Delaney can't guard NBA level starter athletes. He let Knight school him and it started the major run in the first half.

Ok.. this is beginning to become unbearable.. I realize we're about a quarter way thru the season but come on guys.. we're getting blown out waaaaaaaaay too often.. 

Man I can't watch it right now maybe someone needs to create a new hawks thread for the month of December. Anything at this point to change the mojo, lol.