gazoo

Regarding the interception, still glad we stayed aggressive

57 posts in this topic

Too many times over the years I've seen Falcons lose games by playing it safe in situations like us being up by 1 point with 4 minutes left in game.

How many times have we seen in that situation we run it up the gut 3 times, and go 3 and out putting our desitiny in the control of the other team? 

I do not fault Shanny or Quinn on the interception, that was 100% on Julio. I like we are aggressive and don't let up. I'd rather lose the way we did than by taking our offense off accelerator and letting other team come back on us like has happened countless times over the years.

You are absolutely right, Gazoo! This was like a heavyweight fight. They hit us in the mouth first, but we came back swinging, only to get sucker punched at the end!! Very proud of this team!

GO FALCONS!!!

Lee Long©, ltstorm2 and gazoo like this

13 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

You are absolutely right, Gazoo! This was like a heavyweight fight. They hit us in the mouth first, but we came back swinging, only to get sucker punched at the end!! Very proud of this team!

GO FALCONS!!!

We went down swinging to the last play Mark! I'm proud of this team too! I hated those past years losing games playing it safe, going down by shrinking and trying to protect oursleves!

MarkMc44 and WhenFalconsWin like this

Absolutely. Loved seeing the aggressiveness. Julio catches the ball and the falcons have another first down. Seattle defense was reeling and got a lucky bounce off Julio hands

gazoo and GC FALCONS like this

Agree 100%.  My first thought before the snap was 'stay aggressive'.  Too bad refs worry too much about player reputations and don't have the balls to call penalties (i.e. last play on Julio by Richard 'holding' Sherman.  Even that strip sack was somewhat the result of him all over Julio and Matt taking a little long.  Complete joke.

GC FALCONS and MarkMc44 like this

Totally agree with this.

I Would like it if JJ would go to the presser and stand up for his QB. Mostly to shut up the talking heads. But that's just me.

8 minutes ago, nbostp said:

Why did the clock stop on the Devonte freeman catch for the first down.  He went down in bounds there no?

He went out at the 39.

No shame in this game today. We got hosed on the road by the zebras on multiple occasions. We can play with anyone and that's exciting.

Edited by South GA Bird
gazoo and Drew4719 like this

4 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Agreed gaz... Seachickens better hope they don't have to come to Georgia in January. 

Going to be tough now since they "own the tiebreaker." We going to have to win more games then them or win in 3 or 4 team tiebreaker

7 minutes ago, FalconsAirMiles said:

Going to be tough now since they "own the tiebreaker." We going to have to win more games then them or win in 3 or 4 team tiebreaker

I honestly don't think Seattle is that great, especially after watching this game -- but their schedule is pretty much trash outside of traveling to Patriots. I think we can finish 1 game ahead of them.

2 hours ago, Jpowers said:

He went out at the 39.

I was wondering about that. He purposely tried to stay in and it looked like he did. 

3 minutes ago, fuego said:

I was wondering about that. He purposely tried to stay in and it looked like he did. 

I was picking my wife up at the time but Arch and Wes on 92.9 said he went out. If Arch and Wes said he went out, he went out. Those two are homers. That's why I love listening to then versus TV announcers.

P.S. I scared the **** out of my kids when Toilolo scored that TD. Totally worth it.

2 hours ago, GC FALCONS said:

I feel we played to much prevent defense in the 4 quarter as we have all year.  

3 Down linemen, and the rest in "Coverage"..like UGA against Tennessee... Well..UGA player removed his helmet before the game was over..