The picks for Sunday's game against the Seahawks have started to come in...

4 hours ago, apl2g said:

Hate to be the Debbie Downer here but I really think we lose this one. The team has been in the road for over a week now. The Seahawks are rested and coming off a bye. That stadium may be the hardest road game in the NFL. Jimmy Graham is getting healthy and the Falcons still struggle with TE's. 

Now I hope with all my heart they win. I really don't think the Seahawks O is that good and I hope they prove that today. I guess we will see

Falcons still struggle with TE's? Proof?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Rich McKay said that it was Dan Quinn's Choice to play back to back games out west. He says that it helps the team get ready, and that he was familiar with the area. Now the Seahawks is a good team coming off of a bye, and plays well at home. If we play our game, we can beat them. As well as any other NFL team.

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Do you mean his choice to stay out there for the two weeks instead of coming home?  

4 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

You mean to stay out west for the two games?

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Both. McKay said that Quinn actually wanted back to back road games out there. It puzzled me too, but maybe he was saying a little too much at the time.

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That is tough but if we get through it we'll only be better because of it.  

Yes, Dan Quinn asked for the Falcons to have their west coast games grouped together make it easier on travel. It's a lot less taxing to fly to Denver, fly to Seattle, spend the week there and then go back home after the game. It would be much harder to fly to Denver, fly back to Atlanta, fly to Seattle and then fly back to Atlanta. The great news is that after today the Falcons have just 4 road games left on the schedule.

They get the 2 straight home games against the Chargers and Packers before playing in Tampa on a short week. A road game on a short week is tough but at least it's only Tampa and not a much longer trip. But after that they get a few days of rest before their road game in Philadelphia. After that they get 2 straight home games against the Cardinals and Chiefs before the road game against the Rams. Then another home game against the 49ers, on the road against the Panthers and then back home against the Saints.

Falcons have weathered the brutal part of their schedule like champions. The Panthers on the other hand have 4 of their final 6 games on the road including back-to-back road games against the Raiders and Seahawks.

We have 5 games until the bye.  I would say that is a brutal schedule.  But if we weather that storm and it does not kill us... it will make us strong and for sure we will be heading to the Playoffs.  Today is going to be an exciting and very interesting game and a test of out coaching staff and team.  The Falcons as a team seem to have more going for it than it has in a decade.  We can do this.  Our team has the players and tools in position that can do this.  We have receivers, we have running backs... we have blockers.  We are getting better and better all the time.... All that is left to say is.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooFalcons!  Its a bird eat bird day!

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falcons still struggle with TE's? Proof?

Not sure if ur serious but if you are... Week 2 Walford 6-50 1 TD, Week 3 Fleener 7-109 1td, week 4 Olson 6-76 1 TD... so in just that 3 week period they gave up 19 catches for 235 yards and 3 td's