The picks for Sunday's game against the Seahawks have started to come in...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/12/2016 at 7:12 PM, fuego said:

I did this same thread with the Broncos last week. And just like with the Broncos, the ones that have picked so far for ESPN all have picked the Seahawks. All ended up picking Denver last week except for Golic, who picked the Seahawks this time.

6 picks in and all for the Seahawks with 3 left to go and Pigskin Pick 'Em.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks/_/week/

Before the saints game only one out of six picked the Falcons.

I don't know the score or what it will be,, But if my life depended on getting it right who will win this game,, I'd have to take our beloved Falcons.. And that is only because I don't believe the Seahawks are as good as we are this year...There is always those rash of turnovers ,, But I think our D# will cause more than theirs also... So what does all this mean..?? Just that I think we win in Seattle!!! That' all!! :shrug:

On 10/12/2016 at 9:12 PM, HEIST said:

Heard there's supposed to be a pretty bad storm there, could make things dicey. 

On another note, I keep seeing people cite the Seahawks loss to the Rams as a reason why we will stomp them. The Seahawks always lose to the Rams. It's crazy, the Rams have won 4 outta the last 5 vs them. One of the funnier storylines around the league.

I look at seatles schedule and I see no team that they've beat worth mentioning then most of their games were decided by a few points and they weren't able to score more than ten in half of them. Looking into their offensive line I am pretty confident our d line is gonna have another good game. They are weak at left tackle and guard. Might see Beasley on the left side a lot this Sunday, they are saying he's getting beat bad by the speed rush. Beasleys favorite

On 12/10/2016 at 11:31 PM, PriMeTiiMe said:

The Rams to the Seahawks are like the Bucs to the Falcons. They go and play stupid and do everything they can to lose the game. Patriots had the same issue with the Dolphins nearly every year for a while as well.

division games dont count. As you said, this always happens. The bottom feeders always beat division champs, in every sport. It's called a rivalry for a reason. 

That being said, we're going to crush these seachickens

Kevin Clark of Bill Simmon's site "The Ringer".

Atlanta (+6) over SEATTLE

Maybe it’s a surprise that Matt Ryan made such a significant jump this year compared to other quarterbacks starring in this era. Players like Peyton Manning, Brady, and Romo established who they were almost immediately, then stayed great. Ryan, however, is taking a path more in line with previous generations: He’s making the early-30s jump, and he’s putting uphistorically good numbers.

The last time anyone averaged more than 10 yards per pass attempt, as Ryan is, was 1954. That’s in line with players like Dan Marino (who after a midcareer lull exploded at age 31) and John Elway (whose numbers skyrocketed at age 33). Ryan, reinvigorated by a good running back corps and the sharpest version of Julio Jones yet, is having his best season at age 31, and it may not be a fluke. Quarterback is the most mentally demanding position, so early-30s passers have an advantage as long as their bodies holds up. Ryan’s seems to be.

https://theringer.com/week-6-nfl-picks-save-us-from-the-prime-time-torment-37c92bd82b0d#.kjpf428j8

Edited by fuego

Si.com

seahawks-falcons-week-6.jpg

Atlanta is now an impressive 3–0 on the road this season, its latest victory coming over the defending champion Broncos. The Matt Ryan-led offense is attacking defenses in a variety of ways, from Julio Jones’s dominance to Tevin Coleman as a pass-catcher. This matchup is arguably the toughest the Falcons will face the rest of the season. Seattle has the athleticism at linebacker to succeed where Denver failed in covering Coleman across the middle, and with Russell Wilson healthy again it certainly brings more to the table on offense than Denver did behind Paxton Lynch. The weather could play to Seattle’s advantage, as well, with rain and high winds expected Sunday. Tough conditions for a pass-happy Atlanta offense.

Watchability index: 10. We have to consider the Falcons a Super Bowl contender in the NFC until someone proves otherwise. The Seahawks have the pieces to do so Sunday.

NFL.com

SEA.png 28 ATL.png 20

Falcons fans are going to be rather upset with this friendly writer, but the Seahawks are winning this game at home. Going back to back on the road in Denver then Seattle would be hard for the 2007 Patriots or the 1972 Dolphins, much less this 2016 Atlanta team. That said, this Falcons bunch does appear much better than last year's group (which started 5-0 before collapsing). One sizable difference is the vertical throwing from Matt Ryan in 2016. Take a look at the numbers when it comes to Ryan's performance in passes traveling 20-plus air yards: 

2015: 21 for 46 (45.7 percent), 3:3 TD-to-INT ratio, 86.8 passer rating. 
2016: 14 for 21 (66.7 percent), 3:0 TD-to-INT ratio, 149.3 passer rating. 

That passer rating is the best mark in the NFL in this category. The issue there for Ryan on Sunday will be the quality of the Seahawks' safeties, so anticipate the Falcons throwing to their running backs, much like they did so successfully in Denver. The key for the Seahawks is the return of first-round pick Germain Ifedi. The previously injured guard got his first taste of NFL action against the Jets, and the much-maligned Seattle O-line provided Russell Wilson ample time against a Jetsdefensive front that is much more talented than Atlanta's group. Couple that with the home crowd, and the Seahawks prevail. #ATLvsSEA

16 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I don't know the score or what it will be,, But if my life depended on getting it right who will win this game,, I'd have to take our beloved Falcons.. And that is only because I don't believe the Seahawks are as good as we are this year...There is always those rash of turnovers ,, But I think our D# will cause more than theirs also... So what does all this mean..?? Just that I think we win in Seattle!!! That' all!! :shrug:

Just be glad your life doesn't depend on it , nut. 

:rolleyes:

NFL Mocks

Falcons travel to Seattle and take down Seahawks, 26-23.

Every time I look at the schedule, I’m amazed at how good this week of football is. The schedule is loaded, and this game is absolutely no exception. 

Seattle’s test here is an important one, even though it’s just their fifth game of the season. Convincing hasn’t been the adjective of choice describing Seattle early on, and a win against one of the NFC’s best would be quite welcomed to accurately predict their outlook moving ahead.

Amazingly enough, the Hawks enter this one as almost a touchdown favorite. They’re good – but against a surging Atlanta team and with a less than elite passing game, it’s surprising to see such a line down this weekend.

Again, I tend to ride with the upset here. Atlanta has their doubters – rightfully so – but they’ve given us no reason to think that they can’t sustain success over the course of 16 games. Even against the Denver defense last week, Matt Ryan did plenty to keep his guys in the game and lead them to a win. If it can be done against the Broncos defense, why not against Seattle’s?

Maybe it’s just a gut feeling. But I think there’s a decent chance that the Falcons are being slept on just enough to produce the surprise of the weekend.

http://nflmocks.com/2016/10/13/nfl-week-six-picks/14/

Seahawks site. But it's about who all out there in internet land is picking who and why. So lots of info on who is picking who in this game. 

Coming off of their bye week, the Seahawks (3-1) return to CenturyLink Field this Sunday, October 16 for a Week 6 game against the NFC South-leading Atlanta Falcons (4-1), with kickoff set for 1:25 p.m. PT and live television coverage on FOX (channel 13 in Seattle).

The matchup marks the 16th all-time meeting between the two teams, including postseason play, with the Seahawks owning a 9-6 edge. Seattle won the last meeting, 33-10, in November 2013 at Atlanta, a game that came less than a year after the Falcons bounced the Seahawks from the 2012 NFC playoffs in the divisional round.

Here's a look around the web at which side local and national analysts are predicting to win this weekend:

Sheil Kapadia at ESPN.com likes the Seahawks to win 30-20, "Much of the focus will be on how the Seahawks' defense matches up with the Falcons' offense. But Seattle should have a decided edge against the Falcons' defense. Russell Wilson has thrown four touchdowns and no interceptions in his past two games and is healthy enough to use his legs again following rest and treatment during the bye week. Jimmy Graham has 213 receiving yards in his past two games, and Doug Baldwin has been phenomenal going back to last season. The Seahawks should also be getting a healthy Tyler Lockett (knee) back. Those weapons against a Falcons passing defense that has allowed 14 touchdowns (tied for most in the NFL) should be a mismatch that works in the Seahawks' favor."

Vaughn McClure at ESPN.com gives the advantage to Seattle and the 12s, predicting a 28-24 Seahawks win, "As much as it makes sense to go with the Falcons, who average 35 points per game, the Seahawks (allowing just 13.5 points per game) will be extremely tough at home and have an atmosphere capable of throwing Atlanta off its game with pre-snap penalties."

Elliot Harrison at NFL.com picks Seattle to win 28-20, "Falcons fans are going to be rather upset with this friendly writer, but the Seahawks are winning this game at home. Going back to back on the road in Denver then Seattle would be hard for the 2007Patriots or the 1972 Dolphins, much less this 2016 Atlanta team. ... The key for the Seahawks is the return of first-round pick Germain Ifedi. The previously injured guard got his first taste of NFL action against the Jets, and the much-maligned Seattle O-line provided Russell Wilson ample time against a Jetsdefensive front that is much more talented than Atlanta's group. Couple that with the home crowd, and the Seahawks prevail."

Chris Burke at SI.com sees Seattle winning a close one, 21-20, "Atlanta is now an impressive 3–0 on the road this season, its latest victory coming over the defending champion Broncos. The Matt Ryan-led offense is attacking defenses in a variety of ways, from Julio Jones’s dominance to Tevin Coleman as a pass-catcher. This matchup is arguably the toughest the Falcons will face the rest of the season. Seattle has the athleticism at linebacker to succeed where Denver failed in covering Coleman across the middle, and with Russell Wilson healthy again it certainly brings more to the table on offense than Denver did behind Paxton Lynch. The weather could play to Seattle’s advantage, as well, with rain and high winds expected Sunday. Tough conditions for a pass-happy Atlanta offense."

Pete Prisco at CBSSports.com has Seattle winning by double digits, 27-14, "This is a brutal second consecutive road game for the Falcons. They won at Denver, but now face a Seattle team coming off a bye. That’s a bad combination. The Falcons' defense looked much better last week, but can they do it two weeks in a row? I don’t think so. Seattle takes it."

Michael David Smith at ProFootballTalk.com thinks the Seahawks win 17-14, "The Falcons have played some great football this season, but I love the way the Seahawks’ defense matches up with Matt Ryan, who I’m expecting will have his worst game of the season on Sunday."

Mike Florio at ProFootballTalk.com also picks the Seahawks to win by three, 27-24, "Few expected the Falcons to beat the Panthers. Fewer expected the Falcons to beat the Broncos. No one expects the Falcons to beat the Seahawks. If they do, pencil them in for Houston in February."

Peter Schrager at FOXSports.com has Atlanta winning 24-20, "Going into Seattle is never easy, but if any offense is up for the challenge, it has to be this Atlanta one. Kyle Shanahan is pressing all the right buttons, and it’s not just the Julio Jones Show. The running back tandem of Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman is my No. 1 in the league, the complementary pieces at receiver like Aldrick Robinson and Mohamed Sanu are holding their own, and the offensive line is playing its best in years. And the defense. Yes, there’s a defense in Atlanta. Winning in Seattle is a tall task. But this unit went into Denver and won last week. Rookie QB or not, that was no small deal. The Panthers were kind of this team last year, early on, too, before beating Seattle in its building in Week 6. I think Atlanta is that squad this season. Rise up!"

Danny O'Neil at 710Sports.com thinks the Seahawks offense will outmatch Atlanta's defense and win 23-17, "The Falcons have yet to score fewer than 24 points in a game this season while the Seahawks have yet to allow more than 18. The Falcons have gained the most yards in the league, the Seahawks have allowed the fewest. But in what appears to be a test of strengths, it might be the Falcons’ weakness on defense that proves their undoing."

Four writers at the Seattle Times are picking the Seahawks to win, including beat reporter Bob Condotta, who sees a 27-24 Seattle win and writes, "Atlanta will move the ball more than expected. But Atlanta, playing a second consecutive road game and fourth in five weeks, will fade late with a healthier Russell Wilson again leading a fourth-quarter drive."

Eight of nine experts at ESPN.com pick the Seahawks to win.

Six of eight analysts at CBSSports.com take the Seahawks over the Falcons.

And all five pickers at USA Today like the Seahawks to win.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/14/week-6-seattle-seahawks-vs-atlanta-falcons-picks-predictions

Edited by fuego
18 minutes ago, fuego said:

Kevin Clark of Bill Simmon's site "The Ringer".

Atlanta (+6) over SEATTLE

Maybe it’s a surprise that Matt Ryan made such a significant jump this year compared to other quarterbacks starring in this era. Players like Peyton Manning, Brady, and Romo established who they were almost immediately, then stayed great. Ryan, however, is taking a path more in line with previous generations: He’s making the early-30s jump, and he’s putting uphistorically good numbers.

What? Look at the early career numbers of those other QBs and they look a lot like Ryan at similar points in his career. Peyton, Brady, Brees took their games up to another level about the point Ryan has this year.

31 minutes ago, fuego said:

Si.com

Atlanta is now an impressive 3–0 on the road this season, its latest victory coming over the defending champion Broncos. The Matt Ryan-led offense is attacking defenses in a variety of ways, from Julio Jones’s dominance to Tevin Coleman as a pass-catcher. This matchup is arguably the toughest the Falcons will face the rest of the season. Seattle has the athleticism at linebacker to succeed where Denver failed in covering Coleman across the middle, and with Russell Wilson healthy again it certainly brings more to the table on offense than Denver did behind Paxton Lynch. The weather could play to Seattle’s advantage, as well, with rain and high winds expected Sunday. Tough conditions for a pass-happy Atlanta offense.

Watchability index: 10. We have to consider the Falcons a Super Bowl contender in the NFC until someone proves otherwise. The Seahawks have the pieces to do so Sunday.

Pass happy Atlanta offense? Really? The Falcons have the 8th most rushing attempts in the NFL but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Just for the record, the Falcons are only tied for 19th in the NFL in pass attempts. But they're pass happy according to SI.

23 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Pass happy Atlanta offense? Really? The Falcons have the 8th most rushing attempts in the NFL but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Just for the record, the Falcons are only tied for 19th in the NFL in pass attempts. But they're pass happy according to SI.

Every article shows pass-happy offense.. Our run Offense (7) is still better than Seahawks (18) after being pass happy..   Stop watching clips of Ryan throwing to Julio, Hooper or Coleman lol

50 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They're looking at the yardage but not the attempts or YPA

1 hour ago, fuego said:

Si.com

We're 24th in the NFL in pass attempts. On what planet is that 'pass happy'?

We're the most balanced offense in the NFL.

On 10/13/2016 at 1:59 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

So I should be impressed that they score 37 against the 49ers? The same 49ers that have given up 0, 46, 37, 24 and 33 points in their games this year?

I should be impressed that they scored 27 against the 49ers? The same Jets that have given up 23, 31, 24, 27 and 31 in their games this year?

Yep, I guess I should really be impressed. What happened against the Dolphins when they scored just 12 points? The same Dolphins that have given up 12, 31, 24, 22, and 30 in their games this year?

What about the Rams? They scored just 3 points. The same Rams that have given up 28, 9, 37, 17 and 30 in their games this year?

Alright. Whatever.

I applaud your confidence. You should seal your belief with a hefty bet! Win-win! Let us know how much you won