The picks for Sunday's game against the Seahawks have started to come in...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, nomak said:

Agree.  The speed on our defense will be a huge factor in this game, that and the Seahawks Oline.  What teams are finding out if it's hard to defend the current offense the Falcons are fielding.  You truly cannot focus on one thing to stop them.  Focus on our WR's and you will get destroyed by the running backs, focus on the running backs and you get destroyed by our WR's, focus on both then there are 3 TE's who can destroy you.  As a fan I love this.  No defense can focus on all three and be successful at it.        

Exactly. Add in the fact that the Seahawks simply aren't a good team right now and well there ya go. Just don't understand all the thoughts about how the Seahawks are going to easily beat the Falcons this week.

How is the Seahawks offense going to score? That is what I want to know.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it will be by scoring touchdowns and kicking field goals...although I wouldn't rule out a safety. They could possibly return a blocked extra point but I think that's a bit of a reach. 

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. Add in the fact that the Seahawks simply aren't a good team right now and well there ya go. Just don't understand all the thoughts about how the Seahawks are going to easily beat the Falcons this week.

It's gonna be fun. 

Not a good team? I understand being confident in our falcons, but Seattle is very much a good team. Even with a hobbled Wilson, they've put up 37 and 27 in their last 2 games. Coming off a BYE, Wilson should be ready to go. Mobile QBs have been a problem for us in the past (and while we have improved our LBs) and I believe it will be a challenge to contain Wilson. This is very much a winnable game, but let's keep some perspective.

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Seahawks are not a good team right now. I'm telling people. There's no reason to be scared of them.

Maybe not, but they were pretty banged up and had a week to heal up and get ready for us. At home. 

Not scared of them, but can't see us blowing them out at their home field.

1 minute ago, Syndicate0017 said:

Not a good team? I understand being confident in our falcons, but Seattle is very much a good team. Even with a hobbled Wilson, they've put up 37 and 27 in their last 2 games. Coming off a BYE, Wilson should be ready to go. Mobile QBs have been a problem for us in the past (and while we have improved our LBs) and I believe it will be a challenge to contain Wilson. This is very much a winnable game, but let's keep some perspective.

So I should be impressed that they score 37 against the 49ers? The same 49ers that have given up 0, 46, 37, 24 and 33 points in their games this year?

I should be impressed that they scored 27 against the 49ers? The same Jets that have given up 23, 31, 24, 27 and 31 in their games this year?

Yep, I guess I should really be impressed. What happened against the Dolphins when they scored just 12 points? The same Dolphins that have given up 12, 31, 24, 22, and 30 in their games this year?

What about the Rams? They scored just 3 points. The same Rams that have given up 28, 9, 37, 17 and 30 in their games this year?

Alright. Whatever.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What about the Rams? They scored just 3 points. The same Rams that have given up 28, 9, 37, 17 and 30 in their games this year?

Alright. Whatever.

That's what I say. Over on their forum one of their posters finally came up with the brilliant conclusion that the reason they always lose against the Rams is that the Rams play dirty. Oookay.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Maybe not, but they were pretty banged up and had a week to heal up and get ready for us. At home. 

Not scared of them, but can't see us blowing them out at their home field.

Seahawks after a bye week under Pete Carroll

• 2010 - at Bears - W 23-20
  • 2011 - at Browns - L 3-6
  • 2012 - at Dolphins - L 21-24
  • 2013 - Saints - W 34-7
  • 2014 - at Redskins - W 27-17
  • 2015 - Cardinals - L 32-39

So they're 3-3 after the bye under Carroll.

Broncos were supposedly unbeatable at home too and the Falcons beat them soundly. I don't care that the game is in Seattle.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So I should be impressed that they score 37 against the 49ers? The same 49ers that have given up 0, 46, 37, 24 and 33 points in their games this year?

I should be impressed that they scored 27 against the 49ers? The same Jets that have given up 23, 31, 24, 27 and 31 in their games this year?

Yep, I guess I should really be impressed. What happened against the Dolphins when they scored just 12 points? The same Dolphins that have given up 12, 31, 24, 22, and 30 in their games this year?

Alright. Whatever.

You can make this same argument both ways...

Should I be impressed that we scored 35 against the Raiders? The same Raiders that have given up 34, 35, 10 (Titans), 27, and 31?

You can't just look at their schedule and say "See what they did against this team! They suck!" The NFL is cyclical and the Seahawks have a track record along with getting a fully healthy Wilson back against us, in their house. The defense is no joke, just like Denver's. And honestly, I think their defense matches up better with us than Denver's did.

Seahawks after a bye week under Pete Carroll

• 2010 - at Bears - W 23-20
  • 2011 - at Browns - L 3-6
  • 2012 - at Dolphins - L 21-24
  • 2013 - Saints - W 34-7
  • 2014 - at Redskins - W 27-17
  • 2015 - Cardinals - L 32-39

So they're 3-3 after the bye under Carroll.

Broncos were supposedly unbeatable at home too and the Falcons beat them soundly. I don't care that the game is in Seattle.

Not sure what the Seahawks record after a bye week under Carroll means or what I am supposed to do with that, my friend? Fact is, a bye week is generally a good thing for teams that are banged up, plus gives them time to prepare against a red hot team. 

Don't really want to get into a pizzing contest about an opposing team but you are claiming they aren't a good team even though they went  3-1 pretty banged up? I'm not predicting we'll lose, I never do that, but I  just don't see us blowing them up anywhere, especially on their home field. 

But it sure would be a cool thing if you are right and I am wrong. We both know that wouldn't be the first time that happened on both counts. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, Syndicate0017 said:

You can make this same argument both ways...

Should I be impressed that we scored 35 against the Raiders? The same Raiders that have given up 34, 35, 10 (Titans), 27, and 31?

You can't just look at their schedule and say "See what they did against this team! They suck!" The NFL is cyclical and the Seahawks have a track record along with getting a fully healthy Wilson back against us, in their house. The defense is no joke, just like Denver's. And honestly, I think their defense matches up better with us than Denver's did.

I doubt Wilson is fully healthy. He has been dealing with both a knee sprain and ankle sprain. One week of rest isn't going to heal both things back to 100%. The Falcons offense is ranked #1 in yards and points. They've done it against everyone. Doesn't matter the competition. The Seahawks have yet to face a good team this year. But yet everyone is picking them just because they had a bye and the game is at home. Nothing else seems to matter. Not the fact that they're middle of the pack offensively and that they're almost #1 ranking defensively in everything is a direct result of facing 4 or the worst offenses in the NFL. There's a reason the Dolphins, 49ers and Jets all have a grand total of 1 win. It's because they are complete garbage. I've seen Seattle play in 2016 and they've not been impressive. They're a middle of the road team right now until proven otherwise.

P.S. You need to go back and look at all my posts because not once have I said the Seahawks suck. I said they're not a very good team RIGHT NOW. There's a lot of difference between not very good and sucks. The Miami Dolphins suck. The Seahawks are not very good RIGHT NOW. There's a perfectly key reason I keep putting the words RIGHT NOW at the end of that statement. It's because they're not playing up to their talent level yet.

Edited by Falconsfan567
32 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not sure what the Seahawks record after a bye week under Carroll means or what I am supposed to do with that, my friend? Fact is, a bye week is generally a good thing for teams that are banged up, plus gives them time to prepare against a red hot team. 

Don't really want to get into a pizzing contest about an opposing team but you are claiming they aren't a good team even though they went  3-1 pretty banged up? I'm not predicting we'll lose, I never do that, but I  just don't see us blowing them up anywhere, especially on their home field. 

But it sure would be a cool thing if you are right and I am wrong. We both know that wouldn't be the first time that happened on both counts. :rolleyes:

Colored me unimpressed with their wins against the Dolphins, 49ers and Jets who each have a grand total of 1 win. Especially that Dolphins win which they needed a last second TD to win. Dolphins only win is in OT against the Browns who have 0 wins.

Colored me unimpressed with their wins against the Dolphins, 49ers and Jets who each have a grand total of 1 win. Especially that Dolphins win which they needed a last second TD to win. Dolphins only win is in OT against the Browns who have 0 wins.

While I agree with both sides of the argument, I'd have to say if it was the Falcons that had those same wins, we'd be heavily discounted as being a good team, and the product of an "easy schedule" that's for sure.

Just now, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

While I agree with both sides of the argument, I'd have to say if it was the Falcons that had those same wins, we'd be heavily discounted as being a good team, and the product of an "easy schedule" that's for sure.

ABSOLUTELY!!! TRUTH!! But because it's the Seahawks everyone is thinking the Seahawks game is so hard.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

3-1 is 3-1 my man. That D still looks pretty ******* nasty to me. 

The opponents we won against are definitely more impressive than theirs. 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'll wait until that defense plays a real offense before I crown them.

LOL 567, we'll revisit this one after the game. That defense has been beating plenty of "real offenses" on the way to 2 super bowls in 3 years. I'm not saying we can't hang with them, but I would be shocked to see us blow them out on their home field. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL 567, we'll revisit this one after the game. That defense has been beating plenty of "real offenses" on the way to 2 super bowls in 3 years. I'm not saying we can't hang with them, but I would be shocked to see us blow them out on their home field. 

Vandy, you know each year is different. Each year you've got to prove yourself all over again and so far in 2016 that defense is unproven. Doesn't mean they still can't be great, they just haven't been tested yet. They have faced Ryan Tannehill (21st in QB Rating), Case Keenum (28th), Blaine Gabbert (30th) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (31st). I mean c'mon dude.

41 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Vandy, you know each year is different. Each year you've got to prove yourself all over again and so far in 2016 that defense is unproven. Doesn't mean they still can't be great, they just haven't been tested yet. They have faced Ryan Tannehill (21st in QB Rating), Case Keenum (28th), Blaine Gabbert (30th) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (31st). I mean c'mon dude.

So much for not getting into a pizzing match about Seahawks. :slick:

Come on man, They've done all you could possibly ask a D to do 4 games in, they are first in NFL in total defense, allowing less than 12 PPG?

i agree with you about the competition, but that's on the scheduler.....they sure look as formidable as they ever have to me. 

Edited by Vandy
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

So much for not getting into a pizzing match about Seahawks. :slick:

Come on man, They've done all you could possibly ask a D to do 4 games in, they are first in NFL in total defense, allowing less than 12 PPG?

i agree with you about the competition, but that's on the scheduler.....they sure look as formidable as they ever have to me. 

Alright. I'm done. I'll let the results speak for themselves on Sunday. Falcons 30, Seahawks 13. Book it!! :slick: