Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Falcons Trivia

502 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

yeah but that was not in the post when I quoted it, ok...  :P

No biggee, its all in fun.

I am thinking Washington, early 90's, but darn if I know the year...they beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, I believe it was... 

Ah, great guess. Redskins in 1991. 56-17 in the regular season and then in the playoffs they beat us in a rain and slop game 24-7.

egoprime II and Ironhead1956 like this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ah, great guess. Redskins in 1991. 56-17 in the regular season and then in the playoffs they beat us in a rain and slop game 24-7.

So I was right?

5 minutes ago, Navin said:

yep.  You were right, ego prime II

Ok, next question:

In 1979, the Falcons drafted three RBs.  Star RB and 3rd round pick William Andrews was the second RB chosen by Atlanta.  Who were the first, and the third, RBs chosen by the Falcons in that draft? 

5 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Ok, next question:

In 1979, the Falcons drafted three RBs.  Star RB and 3rd round pick William Andrews was the second RB chosen by Atlanta.  Who were the first, and the third, RBs chosen by the Falcons in that draft? 

Lynn Cain

egoprime II likes this

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

Lynn Cain

Cain was our fourth round pick that year, so you got that one right.  What RB was drafted by the Falcons before Andrews?

3 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Cain was our fourth round pick that year, so you got that one right.  What RB was drafted by the Falcons before Andrews?

I think it was Mayberry

papachaz likes this

5 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I think it was Mayberry

Yep!  3rd round pick (we had two that year) James Mayberry was actually supposed to be our RB with Andrews blocking for him (Andrews played blocking FB for James Brooks and Joe Cribbs at Auburn).  But...Andrews proved he was the better back so he got the starting job.  

Mayberry had one good game with Atlanta, against Oakland where he ran for like 150 yards, but other than that...Mayberry is not much more than the answer to a trivia question for us fans.

11 minutes ago, Navin said:

Yeah,  all I can remember is Lynn Cain and Bubba Bean.  

Good memory, Bean was a former first round pick, 1976 if I remember right.

1 minute ago, egoprime II said:

Good memory, Bean was a former first round pick, 1976 if I remember right.

Thanks.  I was just taking a shot.  I was born in '70 so Bean is all I could remember other than Andrews. I don't remember Mayberry.  

egoprime II likes this

5 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Name the WR we picked before Hines Ward in the 3rd round of the 1998 NFL draft?

That piece of crap receiver that was hurt in college.  I remember being pizzed at Dan Reeves.  Weird name like gummy something.  Not sure if he ever made a catch in the nfl.

egoprime II likes this

2 minutes ago, ballfan said:

That piece of crap receiver that was hurt in college.  I remember being pizzed at Dan Reeves.  Weird name like gummy something.  Not sure if he ever made a catch in the nfl.

He is Gumby, dammit.

egoprime II likes this

5 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Jammi Germann, Miami.

Dang, you do have a good memory.  I guess I block out most of the ones that don't stick.

Just now, Navin said:

Dang, you do have a good memory.  I guess I block out most of the ones that don't stick.

Actually it pizzed me off so much when we picked him, that I could not help but remember it...:P

Ok, here is one....the Falcons have drafted two Nebraska CBs in the first round of the NFL draft.  In thier respective drafts, one was taken at number three, the other at number twelve.  Both were monumental busts.  Name these two busted picks.  

1 minute ago, egoprime II said:

Actually it pizzed me off so much when we picked him, that I could not help but remember it...:P

Ok, here is one....the Falcons have drafted two Nebraska CBs in the first round of the NFL draft.  In thier respective drafts, one was taken at number three, the other at number twelve.  Both were monumental busts.  Name these two busted picks.  

I know about Michael Booker (Ugh) but I don't know who the other one is. That 1997 draft is a complete nightmare to me. Falcons originally had the #3 pick in the draft but traded it to Seattle who drafted Shawn Springs who ended up being one of the best corners of his time. Then we drafted that bum Booker. With the #13 pick the Chiefs picked TE Tony Gonzalez. Dan Reeves who freaking had a man crush on TE's passed on Tony Flipping Gonzalez for Michael Freaking Booker after trading down when he could have had Shawn Freaking Springs!! What a dumbass!!! :rant:

Ironhead1956 likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I know about Michael Booker (Ugh) but I don't know who the other one is. That 1997 draft is a complete nightmare to me. Falcons originally had the #3 pick in the draft but traded it to Seattle who drafted Shawn Springs who ended up being one of the best corners of his time. Then we drafted that bum Booker. With the #13 pick the Chiefs picked TE Tony Gonzalez. Dan Reeves who freaking had a man crush on TE's passed on Tony Flipping Gonzalez for Michael Freaking Booker after trading down when he could have had Shawn Freaking Springs!! What a dumbass!!! :rant:

First off, you have half the answer with Booker.  The other CB was taken in the same draft where we drafted Favre.

Second off, I have made that point about Gonzalez myself.  I think Tony was not enough of a blocker for Reeves.  We actually DID take a TE in that draft....a good trivia question maybe, but fair warning...I know the answer already.  :P

Ironhead1956 likes this

2 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

First off, you have half the answer with Booker.  The other CB was taken in the same draft where we drafted Favre.

Second off, I have made that point about Gonzalez myself.  I think Tony was not enough of a blocker for Reeves.  We actually DID take a TE in that draft....a good trivia question maybe, but fair warning...I know the answer already.  :P

Reeves picked Alge Crumpler in 2001 when Vick was drafted, then Reggie Kelly in 2003 I think

egoprime II likes this

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Reeves picked Alge Crumpler in 2001 when Vick was drafted, then Reggie Kelly in 2003 I think

Kelley was actually earlier than Crump.  The first TE drafted by the Falcons under Reeves was 3rd rounder OJ Santiago in the same draft we took Booker in.

Ironhead1956 likes this