A serious discussion about sexual assault accusations.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Okay, I understand where you guys are coming from.  What I don't understand is the ease in which which you guys are so readily acceptable about bringing in a culture of men we cannot vet properly, who we know objectify women, gays, etc.  So in your minds it would be perfectly reasonable to accept these men in our culture knowing how they treat women, gays, etc?.  Sounds a little hypocritical to me...

I don't blame every single person in a society for embracing an oppressive ideology, and if I did I'd be a hypocrite every time I talked on this subject.

That said, now's a ****** time to change the subject, and deflecting by referring to a conversation I don't believe we've ever had is a ****** way to try to change it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

If you're willing to suggest that whatever small portion of the potential couple of thousand refugees represent the behavior of the entire group, then surely you're willing to call all American men potential rapists? A staggering number of women report being victims of sexual assault in the US, but you're worried about a few thousand refugees? Seems pretty transparent to me.

I worried about anyone adding to that number which many some people don't seem to care about since the political move fits their agenda.  

25 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I worried about anyone adding to that number which many some people don't seem to care about since the political move fits their agenda.  

But are willing to vote for a Presidential candidate who claimed to have engaged in sexual assault?

What is the political move you're referring to, and the agenda which you claim it fits?

On 10/11/2016 at 9:00 AM, Leon Troutsky said:

Again, you're just wrong on the facts.  SOME women were reluctant to come forwards.  Others came out during the 1992 election.  Plus, you have very problematic claims by a few of them, such as Kathleen Wiley who lied to the FBI during the investigation and gave contradicting accounts to the FBI and the grand jury.  

Again, you're acting like all of the accusations against Clinton were 100% proven true and none of the Trump accusations have any merit whatsoever.    That's the partisanship I'm talking about in my OP.

Women who are raped often lie. Rape is considered the most violent crime because there is a survivor that at some point assumes they will be killed. Rape is very traumatic and should never be downplayed. There is a very good reason are reluctant to talk about it and want to avoid bringing it up for many many many years after. She only agreed to finally talk about it because she was granted immunity for denying it earlier. This is very normal  for rape victims. If it was just Wiley I would have doubts but it is more than one and have similar stories.

21 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

Women who are raped often lie. Rape is considered the most violent crime because there is a survivor that at some point assumes they will be killed. Rape is very traumatic and should never be downplayed. There is a very good reason are reluctant to talk about it and want to avoid bringing it up for many many many years after. She only agreed to finally talk about it because she was granted immunity for denying it earlier. This is very normal  for rape victims. If it was just Wiley I would have doubts but it is more than one and have similar stories.

Wiley didn't accuse Clinton of rape.

Also, a woman has come forward after all of these years and accused Donald Trump of raping her when she was 13 years old.  I assume that you believe her.  

9 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Wiley didn't accuse Clinton of rape.

Also, a woman has come forward after all of these years and accused Donald Trump of raping her when she was 13 years old.  I assume that you believe her.  

I've seen ore than one person on this board say she should not be believed because she provided a false address in the original California lawsuit.  The same people brush off the Broaddrik affidavit. 

On 10/10/2016 at 3:38 PM, Summerbunny said:

Ok, I went back and read your original post because it sort got lost on Page 2 of this thread. 

I don't feel there is a solution.  This may just be one of the things that will always be this way.  We are polarized by sex.  Yet, it is still taboo.  The only solution I see is to prosecute the claims and to also prosecute those who make false ones.  The system is so varied.  Compare the Duke Rape case to the Stanford Rape case.  There is no common ground.  And I don't see any way to clean up the system so that false accusations cease.

We are a nation that wants to see the worse in people so we can feel better about ourselves or our guy.  It's vain and it's disgusting, but it's true.  Which goes back to your point, careers are destroyed because of allegations. 

As far as the phrase "rape culture", I'm not sure whether I agree with this or not.  To me, it seems that we have raise a group of kids who cannot comprehend the word NO! And now that's a no in anything.  They want it their way, and now.  Life has taught them that there isn't too much they can't get out of without any serious consequences so why worry.  Someone will always be there to pick up the pieces.

this is pretty much how I feel. everyone wants to focus on individual issues but the truth is that we have a large single issue that is responsible for a lot of the individual issues