Bust Vic Beasley #6 in the NFL in sacks, #3 FFs

gazoo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly not trying to put a negative spin on this but I do think the numbers were inflated due to Lynch's ineptitude in the pocket.  

However, the thing that excited me the most today about Beasley is that he was using that heavily wrapped arm guard to swat at the blockers arm.  I'm telling y'all if he can work on his hands when rushing off the edge he will do some damage moving forward.  He has to realize that he is going to get held with that burst and it is not going to get called, he has to get their hands off himself.

8 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Shoot man, i'm not butt hurt. I'm ecstatic that Beasley did so well and the defense in general. Even if it was against a crap RT and rookie QB I think this is going to build his confidence. So its a no lose situation. People just need to look at the entire situation. Its not as simple as getting sacks. 

I think it would have went the same way if there starting QB was in. The problem with Paxton is he still has that college big play mind set. He did hold on to the ball and took sacj alot of the starting QBs do. But in college they do that. You see it all the time. He just wasnt ready for the NFL caliber players that are on a whole new level then the college players hes used to. He just wasnt prepair for it mentally. Thats why seimon was named starter over Paxton. Hes just not mentally there. If he fets a chance to develop. He has mobility and a good are. Again... he needs a couple years to soak in and get mentally on the same page.

3 minutes ago, Aries2887 said:

I think it would have went the same way if there starting QB was in. The problem with Paxton is he still has that college big play mind set. He did hold on to the ball and took sacj alot of the starting QBs do. But in college they do that. You see it all the time. He just wasnt ready for the NFL caliber players that are on a whole new level then the college players hes used to. He just wasnt prepair for it mentally. Thats why seimon was named starter over Paxton. Hes just not mentally there. If he fets a chance to develop. He has mobility and a good are. Again... he needs a couple years to soak in and get mentally on the same page.

If Siemien was starting, I still think Beasley would have had a good day because the RT was more of an issue than it was Lynch in my opinion. Would he have had quite as good of a day? I don't know, but to me, the main culprit was Sambraillo. 

So while i'm not going to boast about him now having the 6th most sacks, I am excited about the performance of todays game and even against the Panthers last week and just hope its a confidence builder for him. 

1 minute ago, Clark Kent™ said:

If Siemien was starting, I still think Beasley would have had a good day because the RT was more of an issue than it was Lynch in my opinion. Would he have had quite as good of a day? I don't know, but to me, the main culprit was Sambraillo. 

So while i'm not going to boast about him now having the 6th most sacks, I am excited about the performance of todays game and even against the Panthers last week and just hope its a confidence builder for him. 

I do agree. But if you go back and watch the game a poster posted on here. Go watch how long Paxton hold on to the ball. He was looking for the big play instead of being smart. 3 sacks at least were preventable by just tossing it away. I do think it would not have been a difference if either qb was in our Defense did a great job. Our Online did a awesome job. And I love what Im seeing. The score on our side wouldnt have changed but I do believ they would have 3 more points with seimon over paxton. But You wont ever find out unless well meet em in the SB... which I would not mind... We need a rebuddle game against Denver for out last loss in 98'. I think we get the win no matter what qb. We need to do the same in Seattle Sunday. We do that. Our schedule will be much easier then it really is. Viking are the ones Im concerned about. They look real good.

7 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Lol i don't care if people are put off by being realistic. I think its things that need to be talked about. Im just talking about facts. 

Dude at 4-1 we're all just looking at you like :coupons: Why? because my team is 4-1 Vic Beasley played out of his mind, The offense is going sky high right now, and we just beat the Broncos people predicted 0-6 or 1-5 to start the year off with our only win being against Tampa Bay, and possibly Saints so 2-4. For the love of god leave the realistic talk until Wednesday at least by then we're looking forward to next week, and reflecting it's that simple. 

Just now, Zone#7 said:

Dude at 4-1 we're all just looking at you like :coupons: Why? because my team is 4-1 Vic Beasley played out of his mind, The offense is going sky high right now, and we just beat the Broncos people predicted 0-6 or 1-5 to start the year off with our only win being against Tampa Bay, and possibly Saints so 2-4. For the love of god leave the realistic talk until Wednesday at least by then we're looking forward to next week, and reflecting it's that simple. 

Lol and i completely understand the "let us enjoy this moment" feeling, but our offense was going sky high last year and we were 5-0 and got humbled very quickly. There is no timeline of when its proper to be realistic. I would even argue its more beneficial to enjoy the win, while also keeping a realistic perspective of our first 5 games and our next game and the 10 after that. 

This is why I am patient with players and their development..  seen it all to often with Jerry Rice, Roddy White, Alex Smith etc.  There's a lot that goes into a player's development, coaches, Schemes, personal life changes, speed of the game etc .  Someone on here said something about the "3 year Roddy rule".  I always thought that's a good gauge on a decent timeframe to judge a player's development.

4 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

This is why I am patient with players and their development..  seen it all to often with Jerry Rice, Roddy White, Alex Smith etc.  There's a lot that goes into a player's development, coaches, Schemes, personal life changes, speed of the game etc .  Someone on here said something about the "3 year Roddy rule".  I always thought that's a good gauge on a decent timeframe to judge a player's development.

3-4 to me is limit for me because as we've seen there are some guys that don't get into really late. 

1 hour ago, Aries2887 said:

I do agree. But if you go back and watch the game a poster posted on here. Go watch how long Paxton hold on to the ball. He was looking for the big play instead of being smart. 3 sacks at least were preventable by just tossing it away. I do think it would not have been a difference if either qb was in our Defense did a great job. Our Online did a awesome job. And I love what Im seeing. The score on our side wouldnt have changed but I do believ they would have 3 more points with seimon over paxton. But You wont ever find out unless well meet em in the SB... which I would not mind... We need a rebuddle game against Denver for out last loss in 98'. I think we get the win no matter what qb. We need to do the same in Seattle Sunday. We do that. Our schedule will be much easier then it really is. Viking are the ones Im concerned about. They look real good.

I actually disagree - pretty sure every one of Beasley's sacks came in under 3 seconds. A couple around 2. The only one that was for sure held too long was Jarrett's.

There aren't that many pass rushers who just flat out dominate whoever is put in front of them. Beasley showed that he could get into the backfield and disrupt plays in a variety of ways. Every offensive line has a player who is easier to exploit - doing so shouldn't be a negative. 

As others have said, he seems to be playing with so much more intensity. There was another play where Lynch scrambled for about a yard and got stopped by Vic - could easily have been another sack. 

There will be good games and there will be bad games. He just needs to keep attacking and he will be alright. 

it's going to be harder for him next week, so someone else needs to step up, Beasley is now gameplanned. r Hageman , "Son of Tuggle" Jarrett, and claymore have also been balling and can't let up because there time is coming. I don't mention freeney because he is who he is and i don't think that yesterday would have happened without him, you could tell from the beginning of the game he was just an inch away. So people need to keep stepping up because this season can be very special, especially with that brotherhood going on.

11 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

He has 4.5 sacks in 5 games which is 0.5 more than he had in 16 last year

Literally two more games like this and he's at 11.5 for the season.  That's not a bad effort.  

And while I acknowledge the Broncos' o-line woes, it's not inconceivable he could pull two more similar efforts out of his hat, especially if you consider this offense is bound at some point to put a team so far behind the d-line can pin their ears back and get after it.

Great game. I don't care if the Bronco's O-line was leaky and the there was a rookie QB. This is the NFL. When you get 3.5 sacks in a game you've done something. 

That being said, yesterday was a great example of him flashing the talent he has. Now he just needs to show he can do it consistently. He doesn't have to have 3+ sacks a game. Just be a consistent force week in and week out. When that happens (and it's the last thing that happens for a young player), he'll be a stud.

That was an incredible game for Beasley, he also had 8 tackles,  a TFL and 2 QB hits. He got to the QB 6 times. We may be seeing Freeney's influence paying off. That kind of performance wins playoff games.

Soon. Campbell, Jones and Neal will all be patrolling the middle, and the dumpoffs to the RBs and TEs won't be available. Gives Beasley another half second to get there.

Falcons won both LOS yesterday, Beasley was a big part of that  of the defensive side.

D has gotten better every week. Excited  to see what next week brings. If Campbell and Jones are back, and Collins plays, may have the full complement  of defense on display.

3 hours ago, bossFALCON™ said:

The good thing is we still have more questionable olines on the schedule...plenty of them.

Seattle, arizona, los Angeles, carolina again, san diego, san fran...

I say bring them we still have questionable LB corps that we don't know who will play. Let them bring the excuses I say. 

great game by beasley, but lets hope for some consistency now. i think beasley can def be a 10+ sack guy, but i am not getting ahead of myself here. he has 4.5 in 5 games, 3.5 came in this game. 

so, great game indeed, still premature to say he has 'arrived' yet....though i sure hope that is the case.