Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FentayeJones

Game Trailer: Falcons at Broncos

8 posts in this topic

I truly do not believe this game will come down to Falcon offense vs Bronco defense....Well, maybe a little. It will be which ever QB plays the best. As the Associated Press likes to say: Edge Atlanta.

It's going to be the game of the week for sure. We Falcon fans and the rest of the football world will get to see just how strong this Falcon football team really is. It's shown signs of greatness before, notably last season's fast start, then proceeded to crash and burn.

I don't see that happening with this team. Matt Ryan has never looked better than he has this year in this offense. He's never had a better OL in front of him to take his mind off his health and focus it on executing the offense. No need to mention our weapons, or that they all are contributing mightily to this explosion of yards and points.

I don't know how much difference the thin air will make for us, or how bad the jet lag will be (the team left today instead of waiting until tomorrow), but I firmly believe this team will go out there ready to play, focused and confident. I think Shanny will have a game plan Ryan and the offense will feel good about. I firmly believe this D is rapidly coming on and probably at least as determined to have an impact as our offense.

In sum, I'm thinking this team is now past the deer-in-headlights, hapless patsies they've been so often on the big stage, even during the vaunted Smith years. For once I feel we can all look forward to this kind of a game with no gnawing fear the Falcons will embarrass themselves as they've become almost infamous for.

So, go Falcons, I want to bathe in a hot shower of Aquib Talib tears, and my pet rabbit Spike is craving some horse meat freshly ripped from the bone. 

18 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

It's going to be the game of the week for sure. We Falcon fans and the rest of the football world will get to see just how strong this Falcon football team really is. It's shown signs of greatness before, notably last season's fast start, then proceeded to crash and burn.

I don't see that happening with this team. Matt Ryan has never looked better than he has this year in this offense. He's never had a better OL in front of him to take his mind off his health and focus it on executing the offense. No need to mention our weapons, or that they all are contributing mightily to this explosion of yards and points.

I don't know how much difference the thin air will make for us, or how bad the jet lag will be (the team left today instead of waiting until tomorrow), but I firmly believe this team will go out there ready to play, focused and confident. I think Shanny will have a game plan Ryan and the offense will feel good about. I firmly believe this D is rapidly coming on and probably at least as determined to have an impact as our offense.

In sum, I'm thinking this team is now past the deer-in-headlights, hapless patsies they've been so often on the big stage, even during the vaunted Smith years. For once I feel we can all look forward to this kind of a game with no gnawing fear the Falcons will embarrass themselves as they've become almost infamous for.

So, go Falcons, I want to bathe in a hot shower of Aquib Talib tears, and my pet rabbit Spike is craving some horse meat freshly ripped from the bone. 

Jet lag is not so much of an issue going from east to west...it's west to east, esp for an early 1 pm eastern start, that gives west coast teams troubles. That's 10 am for teams like the Raiders.

Drew4719 and PokerSteve like this