Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Trading for defensive pieces

6 posts in this topic

I'm thinking we are one dominant defensive lineman away from have a average D. Would you trade for the likes of Jurrell Casey or Suh? Or just wait for free agency and target Kawaan Short/draft?

I think we already have an average defense. We have an average to below average defensive line. We are hurting big as far as depth at linebacker because of injury but that happens.  Our secondary isn't below average either in my opinion.  We need to get more stout up front, don't think anywhere else is necessarily a need, would just be a plus or add on.  Especially with how the defense played last Sunday, can't say there below average at all. They played better than average last Sunday specifically.

As far as general, I don't see it happening. Quinn doesn't seem keen on giving away picks for players who he's never seen in his scheme or been able to work out. He's not much for signing defensive FAs either. He'd rather go through the draft, where they're young, hungry, and he can fully evaluate them/work them out in advance before making his decision, and then they can be molded into his desired final product. The only ones that I could see making sense would be Seattle players, and I don't see them trading us anyone.

As far as your options specifically, I'm not sure why we would want Casey, and the Suh one must be a joke, considering the nature of his massive contract. Do you also have any reason to believe that they would be traded?

Smiler11, datchrisb1 and kiwifalcon like this

On 10/6/2016 at 9:50 AM, maorifalcon said:

I'm thinking we are one dominant defensive lineman away from have a average D. Would you trade for the likes of Jurrell Casey or Suh? Or just wait for free agency and target Kawaan Short/draft?

Forget FA Bro we'llbe in the mid tier Suh Short and co will want big $$$$$.There off the board for us.Pass rush you have to draft & develop it FA nah.

Trades again few and far between.I'm really sceptical I think we got lucky getting Tony Gonazalez but the idea of giving up picks to be honest I'm not a fan.

Stick with the draft and mid tier FA.the bulk of the foundation of the team is here already so its supplemental pieces is what we need really.