Shelby is explosive

We have all been waiting for our "big" acquisition on the DL to start making plays and it looks to me like a switch flipped for him this past Sunday. He had a big TFL and blew up the interior OL and a handful of snaps too. I think this first quarter of the season was an adjustment period for him to get acclimated to his new position at DT and we'll see more disruptive plays from him moving forward. 

I agree. I know we haven't seen anything close to what Shelby can bring to this front 7. And the good thing is he's just one among a bunch of other potentially high-impact players like Neal, Jones, Campbell, Jarret, Clayborn, Upshaw, Reed, Beasley, Hag and Freeney...we haven't seen anything like their best football yet. I'm pumped at where this D can go with the combination of good, tough vets, talented youth and speed.

We're trying with him what we tried with Clayborn before, and Upshaw early this season as well, but it seems to be working better for him. I'd love for him to become our new Babineaux.

I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if we parted ways with both of the former this offseason, while bringing in new blood there.

1 hour ago, The Real Tony G. said:

We have all been waiting for our "big" acquisition on the DL to start making plays and it looks to me like a switch flipped for him this past Sunday. He had a big TFL and blew up the interior OL and a handful of snaps too. I think this first quarter of the season was an adjustment period for him to get acclimated to his new position at DT and we'll see more disruptive plays from him moving forward. 

Agree i have been telling my buddies that since we signed him....i would like to see him at the leo

2 hours ago, FalconsInCanada said:

I'm not quite sure if it was a miscommunication or if it was a read option play that Cam should have kept, maybe both? lol...Here's the play

Cam misread but it's still a good play. There's been a few goodies from him.  He blew up an OG in N.O game