After the Cam hit, OL Drops A Knee On Jones Head

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise, surprise...the Panties are dirty f***ing scumbags.  That should be a fine, for sure.  Jones' hit was clean as Newton was a runner at that point.  That is the problem with players going soccer all the time crying for penalties, it confuses your average viewer and cheapens the game.  

Edited by pr0d16y

It certainly looks like an obvious cheap shot at the first glance, but if you look carefully his right foot may have been tripped slightly in contact with Jones' foot. For that reason it's hard to say for certain that it was intentional, and I think he will get away with it because the video is not conclusive.

If his neck had been more exposed this could have been a very different conversation.  If everyone wasn't focused on Cam or if the OLineman was a bigger star, this would have been considered a Suh like low blow.  Even if this supposed slight trip occurred, he put his weight into it and could have shifted in a different way.

Edited by falconfanatic365

5 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

It certainly looks like an obvious cheap shot at the first glance, but if you look carefully his right foot may have been tripped slightly in contact with Jones' foot. For that reason it's hard to say for certain that it was intentional, and I think he will get away with it because the video is not conclusive.

That was my thought too. In a way it looks intentional, but at the same time Jones' foot kind of slid right in front of him so it's possible he got tripped a little and tried to regain his balance and then fell over. If that was intentional it was disgusting, but I don't like to think the worst of people unless there's no good alternative.

DQ should have that film on the Commisioner's desk today.  Deion hit Cam to keep him from scoring.  Carolina 74 tried to punish Deion for not allowing Cam to walk into the end zone. If I'm the Fulton Co. District Attourney it might be attempted murder.  I have no medical data but I suspect Cam's concussion claim was an easy escape from one of those post game pressers he hates so much when he loses.

7 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

That is because he actually slowed down to get his footing right before falling on him. Like a track star chopping their steps before they do a long jump or a basketball player chopping their stepping before taking off at the rim. It was definitely a cheap shot. It should be sent to the league office.

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Not buying it man.

Clumsy azz linemen.  I see nothing there at all to warrant this nonsense... and yet we have everyone going yeah, look at that!  LOL

..and the way the lineman falls to his side doesn't seem to me to show that he was driving his knee down in the manner being insinuated. 

I'm gonna call this one a non issue.

25 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

Good call, I didn't notice that. That certainly looks like he was trying to leap over while off balance.

58 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

I think he stepped on his foot on purpose too. : )