• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, TSprings said:

Hes been bringing heat the past two weeks. I think he will start to get a better feel for it and make some more moves. Explosion is there. 

That's the thing, the explosion is there. I think he's listened to so many people since he got in league it confused him. He's got Freeney out there every day with him now and Freeney knows all the tricks of the trade.

Yeah he was beating up on their RT. 

Granted, he was not their starter, but still, Vic did some good things today. Shelby was playing well at DE too, I hope we see him there more often. Hageman beasting too... Our passrush isn't horrible when the opposing QB holds onto the ball for a decent amount of time.

Yeahhhh..... I guess. Not a Vic hater but from what he has shown this year, yeah he did good. Compare that to what Freeney did and then not so much. He went against a backup too. Freeney played great and as a unit we did great too. I believe he is capable of so much more. So I hope this is just his floor and in the coming weeks he'll be a monster.

Good game Vic, lets get that QB!

I'm excited about this defense.  It's really starting to come together.  I don't like what we saw in the 4th quarter, but that's coaching to me more than anything.  They held the Panthers offense to 3 points for most of the game.  Our linebackers are attacking, we're seeing some pressure even with just 4.  If they can play consistently, we'll have a top 10 defense(16th last year).  So many young players, it's exciting to see results.

He was okay today. He's been getting better each week, no doubt about it. I don't like the fact that they have him running so many stunts and twists, however. I want to see him line up across the tackle and just beat his *** with his speed and explosion. He did a number of times last year against Jason Peters and Tyron Smith. 

10 minutes ago, gazoo said:

That's the thing, the explosion is there. I think he's listened to so many people since he got in league it confused him. He's got Freeney out there every day with him now and Freeney knows all the tricks of the trade.

Indeed. Freeney was putting on a clinic out there. Beasley is going to have some juicy film to study from him this week.

Beasley was bursting off the line today.  I believe if he bulks up he will be better.  Also hopes Dan Quinn works with him on violent hands, and turning his hips. He has the speed to get around any OT.  I think he got smaller for the Outside LB position, looks smaller than last year.  Not seeing much of bull rush from him.  He had that ability in his rookie year. 

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is a question for the guys like Vel that know more than I do, but how do the Falcons use Vic? Is it the same way that Kevin Greene was used in his career? Greene was a killer sack master as a pass rushing linebacker. Seems to me that Vic would excel in that type of role.

I'm curious too. All I know is I trust Quinn to figure it out. 

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm curious too. All I know is I trust Quinn to figure it out. 

Quinn will most definitely figure it out. Beasley definitely has the talent to be a killer sack master in the NFL. I don't doubt that for one second. I saw too much of him at Clemson to think any differently. I just wonder if he's being put in the best position to maximize his talent.

Freeney's fake spin move was awesome.

Beasley needs to add that to his repertoire. He definitely has a quick first step so the speed to get around the edge is there. As I've been watching it seems to me that he got by all the way through college with just his athleticism and speed, but at this level it's a bit more than that. The speed is a necessity, but you've got to have that subtle shoulder dip to get the edge on the tackle. The spin is nice, but you've got to sell the speed rush so the tackle is off-balance to the outside when you make it.

It seems to me that he is finally developing these nuances of the outside rusher to go with the raw talent.

42 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I'll tell you what I saw. He tackled a guy behind the LOS from the OTHER side. And then I saw this: 20-25 of his teammates spoke to him, head bumped him, hugged him and congratulated him. They like this kid. Get off his azz. It's not his fault where he got drafted. If you like the metrics of Campbell, Debo and Neal, how can you NOT LIKE Beasley?

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Indeed. Freeney was putting on a clinic out there. Beasley is going to have some juicy film to study from him this week.

He showed a poor lad of only 24-25 years the double dog spinning deke!!  Then knocked Cam down on the ground and I think a heard Olson crying.