Fresh Crow

TheFalcoholic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a movie poster

I agree we need to make it through this next three to see how well we do...

But everyone was like "oh yeah Oakland's defense is much improved"

and "Giants are a better team than the falcons and we held them to 16 points" 

and now it's "you haven't played anyone with a decent defense"

But we are the reason those teams have low defensive rankings on the year. We almost (COULD HAVE BUT WE TOOK A KNEE!) Scored more points against the Saints than their first two games combined. We should have. 

5 minutes ago, Trick Montalban said:

I remember posting pictures like this about our offense around this time last year. I hope he keeps it up and we don't fall off like last time. 

Last year Matt didn't have a grasp on the offense and had to rely on run game and Julio.  Clearly that is not the case this year.

Also, with Mack cleaning up the bad snaps and taking care of protection calls it's the reason we have been able to go back to more no huddle and letting Matt run his pre-snap reads. 

The offense this year is light years ahead of last year's. Hopefully the next three weeks against perennial top-5 defenses will prove this out.

Just now, Brewcrew said:

Last year Matt didn't have a grasp on the offense and had to rely on run game and Julio.  Clearly that is not the case this year.

Also, with Mack cleaning up the bad snaps and taking care of protection calls it's the reason we have been able to go back to more no huddle and letting Matt run his pre-snap reads. 

The offense this year is light years ahead of last years.. Hopefully the next three weeks against perennial top-5 defenses will prove this out.

I agree, and I certainly hope so! Would love more than anything for us to keep up this production. 

8 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

In three weeks you will change your mind about KS.

qft

12 minutes ago, Trick Montalban said:

I remember posting pictures like this about our offense around this time last year. I hope he keeps it up and we don't fall off like last time. 

Last year would have been so much different if it weren't for the turnovers.  You are seeing what this offense can do without dumb red zone interceptions, fumbles, sack fumbles, etc.  If they can figure out the red zone scoring instead of field goals (which they have the past couple weeks), without the dumb turnovers...look out.

11 minutes ago, Trick Montalban said:

Eh...no. People were saying we could easily be 1-4 instead of 5-0 at a point, but we pretty much dominated the saints and raiders imo. Even the bucs scored pretty much due to unforced errors on our part. But yknow, we'll see. We luckily (luckily?) have a brutal schedule up till the back half, where it gets...at least a little easier. 

38 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

The offense this year is light years ahead of last year's. Hopefully the next three weeks against perennial top-5 defenses will prove this out.

BINGO

1 hour ago, Trick Montalban said:

Considering that teams now already have tape of this offense from last season, I think this is for real this time.

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

But we are the reason those teams have low defensive rankings on the year. We almost (COULD HAVE BUT WE TOOK A KNEE!) Scored more points against the Saints than their first two games combined. We should have. 

We should have never taken a knee against the Saints. Remember, Payton let Brees  throw and throw to set a record against the Falcons. If they are 30 points up with a minute to play, they want to win by 37! I have never seen Brees take a knee against the Falcons. No mercy!

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I agree. The Saints have rubbed the Falcons nose in it on more than one occasion lately ~ piling on the scores when Brees was trying to set some kind of record, the cheap shot on Ryan while he was lying defenseless on the ground after the whistle by Vaccaro, and the ultimate insult of memorializing that blocked kick in that infamous Katrina Monday night game into an effing statue for crissake.

We owed them a 52 burger for all those incidents and more, but we're still too soft of a team to take the revenge we earned and they deserved.