I am both proud and yet disappointed in Quinn at the same time

clownorg

I am very proud of the way both coach Quinn and Peyton showed signs of unity during the national anthem. That was something everyone needs at this time. For two bitter rivals to do that speaks volumes and I  commend them both. 

But as a falcon fan at my hatred for the Saints and knowing how many times in the past they have never taken the foot off the gas I am extremely disappointed that we did not at least kick a field goal instead of running down the clock

We needed  that throat punch and I thought Quinn was the intense  enough of Coach to give us just that

Ps 

**** THE TAINTS 

I wanted that too, but then I thought about it, and thought that the Falcons are avoiding injury, and that piling on means nothing at that point. Sportmanship had nothing to with it, and the Siants new that the Falcons could have scored if they wanted too. The higher score meant nothing, because the *** beating had already taken place.

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I kinda liked it. It was obvious to everyone there that we could've punched it in. Being able to kneel and Payton not spending that last timeout, knowing it was a futile gesture...got me grinning like a little kid. Total defeat. Freeman had his way with that defense.

I was with clowny when I watched the game live.

But I very soon came to agree with you on this.  It was more humiliating to say "you know what, we could score here, but we're not going to keep kicking you -- we feel bad about it.  So y'all keep that timeout in your pocket, and we'll do the V formation, K?"

As a fan, of course you'd like to see it.  I do that in Madden all of the time, but it's not what any NFL team does.

Pulling crap like that is how you end up with the league hating you like they did with Schiano blitzing on kneel-downs.  They're all professionals and it's expected that you both accept the kneel down and move on.

1 hour ago, clownorg said:

I am very proud of the way both coach Quinn and Peyton showed signs of unity during the national anthem. That was something everyone needs at this time. For two bitter rivals to do that speaks volumes and I  commend them both. 

But as a falcon fan at my hatred for the Saints and knowing how many times in the past they have never taken the foot off the gas I am extremely disappointed that we did not at least kick a field goal instead of running down the clock

We needed  that throat punch and I thought Quinn was the intense  enough of Coach to give us just that

Ps 

**** THE TAINTS 

haha I know, I wanted another TD at the end there too ;)

1 hour ago, clownorg said:

Call me savage call me heartless call me whatever you want but we had a chance to stab a franchise in the throat that erected a statue of one of our least proudest moments and passed on it

That never should have happened in my eyes 

We gotta see them again remember. It's one thing they got their @ss kicked but it's another knowing we purposely ran the score up when the game was obviously over. Teams never forget that. NEVER pour salt in a rivals wounds when you have to play them again. 

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

We gotta see them again remember. It's one thing they got their @ss kicked but it's another knowing we purposely ran the score up when the game was obviously over. Teams never forget that. NEVER pour salt in a rivals wounds when you have to play them again. 

**** those guys. They always do it to us AND they always play dirty and hard against. Not much more they can elevate other than dirty hits or a bounty 

5 hours ago, clownorg said:

Call me savage call me heartless call me whatever you want but we had a chance to stab a franchise in the throat that erected a statue of one of our least proudest moments and passed on it

That never should have happened in my eyes 

I agree especially after that Monday night game back in 2011 where Breesus was chasing the TD record and they ran the score up.  Then again Quinn is a class act and is not a scumbag wife cheating pill popper like that other guy