Goin to my first game today

ssippifalcon

39 minutes ago, ssippifalcon said:

Anyone else going, super excited never been to a game before. Anyone know how the fans are at New Orleans games??

They will probably talk **** n try to fight you when we win.. I Garuntee they all expect a victory from ol roger to be handed down.. 

Ps nothing I say should be taken seriously. Next year I'm going to my first game as well so how the **** would I know? Haha

Edited by SkerFalcon8710

I've never been to the stink dome down there but I have been to New Orleans a couple times and always make it a point to rep my Falcons gear while walking and drinking in the French Quarter. I've had some friendly ish-talk come my way but nobody ever tried to fight me. 

The emotions of being at the game and in the stadium could make it a little more extreme though. Wear your stuff proudly and cheer for us because god knows they always do when the game is in the GA Dome.

I still remember my first game. It was falcons vs jaguars. Reeves had just been fired and Wade Phillips was coaching that night. I went on to be 12-0 while going to the dome until Chicago came into town two years ago  and wrecked my perfect streak. then last year Indy so I am 12-2 now. Still not a bad record, eh?

2 hours ago, Miller2Rison said:

dam really? They like Philly fans?

3 hours ago, ssippifalcon said:

They that bad?

Not like Philly.  They love their team, but if Atlanta wins, and if they win big, if you are wearing your jersey, make sure you walk out with a bunch of Falcons fans.  Like the one guys said above, just don't start talking smack. I've been to the Vet in Philly, no Jersey.  Those fans are entirely different.

4 hours ago, ssippifalcon said:

They that bad?

NO!! The Saints fans have no problem with you & your Falcon jersey and as long as you don't get sloppy drunk and get into someone's face, your fine!! You'll be surprised how nice Saints fans are.......really!!! You don't have to fear for your life......promise!! ;-)

4 hours ago, whitekb011 said:

don't wear your jersey, or take it off when you leave, unless you are in a big Falcons Crowd.

You must have been that puss I saw walking out of the superdome with his Falcons jersey inside out walking to the hotel.  Me and my dad walked out head to toe in our Falcons gear and only one person had something to say and I shut him up quick.  You'll be fine wearing your gear.

13 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

You must have been that puss I saw walking out of the superdome with his Falcons jersey inside out walking to the hotel.  Me and my dad walked out head to toe in our Falcons gear and only one person had something to say and I shut him up quick.  You'll be fine wearing your gear.

Agree!!! ;-)

I don't wear jerseys to away game. Bad experirnce at the vet in the late 80s for a braves Phillies game. Close friend is a NO fan and he said the problem is after the game because every one is drunk. He would not wear it to NO game. Having said that, if you are looking for trouble you will get it. If not you probably wont. I'm just concervative.

I've been going to those games for many years.   I had an incident once - drunk Saints fan pushed me over the seats from behind.   But - it was other Saints fans who grabbed him and helped me up.

Other than that - it's always a lot of fun.   They razz and run their mouth - much like we do when they come in our house - but it's a rivalry that's been there for years - and the only fights I've seen (rare and very far between) are from loud mouth drunks who get too much in somebody's face.

Just remember you are in their house - and cheer for your team without getting in their face - and you'll be fine.   Rivalry smack talk is acceptable.  Wearing your colors - acceptable.   Don't put your hands on them and don't get obnoxious.

Honestly - bunch of passionate, crazed fans like we are.   Most of the long time fans have been through the same suffering we have - and they haven't forgotten.