Bucs lost against Rams!! Pantys lost against Vikes! Falcons at Top of Division

gazoo

This is awesome. Falcons are currently at top of division by half a game.

The Bucs lost a home game to an NFC team Rams, and Panthers lost a home game today against NFC team Vikings.

The Saints are about to lose a home game against Division rivals Falcons tomorrow night. B)

This is going to be an awesome football weekend for the Falcons and by tomorrow night at 11pm we'll be on top of the division looking down on everyone !!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

We are getting set up for a loss.

Yep. NFC South is going to be a collective 1-2; all we need do is follow the script in NO and do our usual swan dive into the sewer.  The NFC South will be the only division to achieve the league ideal of true parity only three games into the season.

22 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep. NFC South is going to be a collective 1-2; all we need do is follow the script in NO and do our usual swan dive into the sewer.  The NFC South will be the only division to achieve the league ideal of true parity only three games into the season.

Either that or we'll be the next home team to lose next week.

We really need to get pumped for these next two games. Mini did us a favor but also  made next weeks task that much harder. In the next two weeks we could push the Saints and Panties into a hole. I believe tampa will crumble on their own. 

Ultimately, with our schedule, the playoffs start Monday.

Dan Quinn's record against the NFC south now stands at 1-6. I repeat ONE AND SIX!!!! None of the teams have been particularly great either outside of the Panthers who we actually beat for our only victory against our division. 

This tells me that our staff has just done a poor job preparing for division rivals assuming they are inferior opponents and not taking in to account just how competitive NO and TB can be no matter what their records are.

Quinn has a prime opportunity tomorrow to turn this around. Everyone knows the fix is in for NO to earn an emotional victory in honor of Gleason and Katrina etc.. which is why that's been the focus of the marketing as opposed to just a heated divisional rivalry. 

Quinn needs to get on both Shanny and Smith to have solid game plans ready for what will be a TOUGH game. The reward for victory is an early lead in the South. Failure means a 1-7 record against the 3 teams we HAVE to beat each season if we want to make the playoffs. It's imparative that we do not repeat last years performances in the must win games

I don't think things are fixed but it's tough for me to see the Saints going to 0-3 on Katrina anniversary night. MNF on the road with that emotion after a west coast trip... not fixed, but scheduled to give the Aints every advantage a schedule can give them.

Then Charlotte next week coming off of a brutal home loss seeing them drop to 1-2: That's brutal for us. 

If we weather this storm with 2 wins, then we have something serious brewing. 

13 minutes ago, papachaz said:

but we'd be behind the 8 ball on tiebreakers already though

Yeah, I know, and we'd technically be in 4th based on tie-breakers.  Ties don't happen all that often anyways though.

It's more significant that we'd be tied record-wise at this point in the season IMO.  Not a bad spot to be in if we do go 1-2.  Of course, I'd much rather go ahead and take the sole lead.

#FTS

14 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

Where is your faith, my son?!

It always seems counterproductive to get too excited for a prime time game where the NFL has basically held a parade for the Saints. I don't think the 'fix' is in but our team has to keep their confidence high. That's hard in a loud toilet bowl. 

That said if we win and roll back home next week we could be high on fire to smack the Panthers down. They don't look like the same team.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

This is awesome. The Bucs lost a home game to an NFC team Rams, and Panthers lost a home game today against NFC team Vikings.

The Saints are about to lose a home game against Division rivals Falcons tomorrow night. B)

This is going to be an awesome football weekend for the Falcons and by tomorrow night at 11pm we'll be on top of the division looking down on everyone !!!

Whatever happens tomorrow, today was a good day for us