Marlins: Jose Fernandez killed in boating Accident

jeffro2000

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dmite said:

Unbelievable, I always liked rooting against him because of his cockiness, but he was a great young talent.  He will be missed. 

Thing is, I never took his cockiness for anything other than exuberance. He always looked like he was having fun.

I could give the spiel about how he hadn't hit his prime and this is a huge loss for baseball but what makes this truly awful is remembering all the clips of his mom and grandmother at his home starts and how much pride, love, and care they showed every time... and now he has been ripped away from them.

Life is a cruel *****.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I could give the spiel about how he hadn't hit his prime and this is a huge loss for baseball but what makes this truly awful is remembering all the clips of his mom and grandmother at his home starts and how much pride, love, and care they showed every time... and now he has been ripped away from them.

Life is a cruel *****.

Exactly. Baseball will go on. But what you mentioned is the real tragic part. I will greatly miss the playful banter him and Freddie had. That kind of stuff is special.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ken Rosenthal compared this to Roberto Clemente and Thurman Munson. Both of those were way before my time but this is by far the biggest superstar MLB death I've had to deal with. I just want this to be a terrible nightmare but it's not.

At least Clemente and Munson made it to thirty. This feels more like losing James Dean or Jimi Hendrix.