Falcons Will Beat The Saints

Falconsfan567

Either get on the train or GTFO and don't come back!! This message board this week has been such a sad sight with all the doom and gloom about how the Falcons have no chance to win because the game is rigged and other horse manure. Sick of the mentally weak fans of this team. Either get on the train and support this team or GTFO and don't come back after they beat the Saints.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to win bad. But we've been the Saints "b****" for years bro. I can understand the nervousness. I mean even when we are playing well the Saints have always seemed to have our number. It's downright sickening. 

But I believe we can take them. I think the turnovers last year were the only reason that the games weren't laughers. But for me the burden of proof is on the team. Can't be made at the fans for not believing when they have believed so many times only to be disappointed. `

28 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Either get on the train or GTFO and don't come back!! This message board this week has been such a sad sight with all the doom and gloom about how the Falcons have no chance to win because the game is rigged and other horse manure. Sick of the mentally weak fans of this team. Either get on the train and support this team or GTFO and don't come back after they beat the Saints.

I could not agree more.  The mindsets of some of these people here...I almost feel bad for them...almost.

Saints/Falcons are always good games, but just don't see any scenario Atlanta loses this game.  Atlanta Falcons, 2-1 and headed to Carolina!  #getin

10 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I want to win bad. But we've been the Saints "b****" for years bro. I can understand the nervousness. I mean even when we are playing well the Saints have always seemed to have our number. It's downright sickening. 

But I believe we can take them. I think the turnovers last year were the only reason that the games weren't laughers. But for me the burden of proof is on the team. Can't be made at the fans for not believing when they have believed so many times only to be disappointed. `

What happened previously has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of future games. That's such a defeatist mindset. 

37 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Amen 

l0MYOK5QDQoya73IA.gif

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What happened previously has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of future games. That's such a defeatist mindset. 

"I just can't sit idly by and just thumb my nose at the Falcons performance tonight like it doesn't matter since the game doesn't count. Some posters are on their high horse like they're "better" fans because they're not "concerned" with tonight's game. "It's just preseason" they say. "Preseason doesn't matter. No need to freak out about it" they say. Well here's something that facts up that when it comes to the Atlanta Falcons, the 3rd preseason game's result matters, whether you believe it or not."

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What?! Previous outcomes don't give insight into future outcomes? Wow. My mind has been blown. Da fuq did I do any research for in college? I think my statistics professor's head would explode if he read that. That's kinda the basis for predictive analytics.

In any event, I think you're on the soapbox preaching to the wrong guy. I hope we win. I think we have a really good shot. But we have to recognize the pain in the arse that the Saints have been and not act like a new calendar year or season will change that. We are more than capable of putting a cleat up their rears but we have to go into the game on a mission, ala the 2nd Carolina game last year. We can't treat this like any other game. The Saints have a really dangerous team and know our players well. 

I'm just saying I can understand why some folks are doubtful. I don't agree, but I understand. We're what, 14-4 for the last 9 seasons. That's one heck of a butt kicking spree. Not too mention they're home and it's the anniversary of that Gleason play. I understand the angst. I think we'll win, but I get the folks that are nervous.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

"I just can't sit idly by and just thumb my nose at the Falcons performance tonight like it doesn't matter since the game doesn't count. Some posters are on their high horse like they're "better" fans because they're not "concerned" with tonight's game. "It's just preseason" they say. "Preseason doesn't matter. No need to freak out about it" they say. Well here's something that facts up that when it comes to the Atlanta Falcons, the 3rd preseason game's result matters, whether you believe it or not."

Yep. Take a post I made from preseason and try to use it against me. Whatever.

40 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

What?! Previous outcomes don't give insight into future outcomes? Wow. My mind has been blown. Da fuq did I do any research for in college? I think my statistics professor's head would explode if he read that. That's kinda the basis for predictive analytics.

In any event, I think you're on the soapbox preaching to the wrong guy. I hope we win. I think we have a really good shot. But we have to recognize the pain in the arse that the Saints have been and not act like a new calendar year or season will change that. We are more than capable of putting a cleat up their rears but we have to go into the game on a mission, ala the 2nd Carolina game last year. We can't treat this like any other game. The Saints have a really dangerous team and know our players well. 

I'm just saying I can understand why some folks are doubtful. I don't agree, but I understand. We're what, 14-4 for the last 9 seasons. That's one heck of a butt kicking spree. Not too mention they're home and it's the anniversary of that Gleason play. I understand the angst. I think we'll win, but I get the folks that are nervous.

How does the Falcons losing to the Saints in the last game in the 2015 season have any direct correlation on what will happen on Monday night? It doesn't. Each team has different players than they had then. Different players capable of providing a different results.

44 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

Lmao at telling people how to convey their opinion. On a message board no less. Complete with insults towards those that don't share your view of the team.

How does doom and gloom make them mentally weak?

"The game is rigged. There's no way the Falcons can overcome all that and win." That my friend is mentally weak. Hopefully these folks don't approach their everyday lives the same way.

28 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. Take a post I made from preseason and try to use it against me. Whatever.

Could have used several much more interesting posts from game day threads.

You directly contradict yourself. In this thread, you say results from previous games don't matter, there, you're saying they do.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

For me it's not about the game being rigged. I think that's a load of BS as well. I'm not very confident because Brees and Payton own us. They are 15-5 against us and Quinn is 0-2 against them. Last year, I was very confident when we were undefeated and going into their house. We fell flat on our faces....gave them the ******* game. It's to the point where they need to prove it to me on beating the Saints rather than just expecting a win because we are the better team

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is borderline propaganda and redneck blind patriotism. If you don't want to fight a war in the Middle East then you don't love your country. Right. I want them to win more than anything and love my team. It doesn't change the history or the fact this team has everything against them Monday except for injuries. 

We could easily say if you don't want to hear someone else's OPINION than GTFO. 

I'm on the train and will always be but if the food sucks, the restrooms smell and have no TP, the other passengers are zealots, and the service people ******** I have a right to complain about it. 

With all of that being said **** the Saints and king ****-stain face. 

Im ready for a win in that smelly ******* swamp

43 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Could have used several much more interesting posts from game day threads.

You directly contradict yourself. In this thread, you say results from previous games don't matter, there, you're saying they do.

Posts made during the game in the heat of the moment? Alright. Whatever. I don't care.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How does the Falcons losing to the Saints in the last game in the 2015 season have any direct correlation on what will happen on Monday night? It doesn't. Each team has different players than they had then. Different players capable of providing a different results.

No. There is no direct correlation. But it doesn't take a mental giant to figure that one out. Anyways, whatever you say bro. To each their own. I think we should be very careful not to go in this game thinking anything will be easy. They have the personnel to throw up a lot of points. And we struggle to score in the redzone. 

We can't expect drops and offensive miscues to help us against these guys. And we can't afford the drops and offensive miscues against these guys that we've had the last two games. They're a smooth running offensive machine and we have to be too in order to win this game. When we make mistakes against this team we lose, it doesn't matter what players we have. That's the value of predictive analytics. Turnovers are always costly, but against these guys they are back breakers. We've got to put a heavy emphasis on taking care of the ball.