Kneeling on our flag.

BCurt57

This started by me telling an old friend her pictures of her dad in uniform were great. She has lost him and was expressing her love on his birthday. But I decided not to post this on her wall, because this isn't her opinion-it's mine. 

"Great looking guy _______. Im so sorry for your loss. 

I'm sorry for making an inappropriate comment, but I mean it with the greatest respect. I figure your Dad might appreciate it.

When these young men who are "suffering" with their 7 figure salaries kneel and bow their heads to the flag and her anthem, are they so stupid to not understand they are turning their heads from men like your Dad, and my Dad, who fought and  served for no reason other than to keep all of us safe and strong and because they were young and they were men. 

And that includes the genius 24 year old black guys who get attention for no reason other than the fact they get to be on tv, make millions, and play a game for about 23 weeks each year. It's remarkable no one tells them how shameful it is that while they get to play a game, they degrade a flag and her anthem, that other young men and women bled for. 

These millionaire, privileged athletes are called "warriors." They aren't warriors. They are elitist and pampered youth who volunteer to get banged up and tear a miniscus in exchange for huge money and a lifestyle of excess, exclusion and arrogance. They get bruised for money, and more money, and more money.

But those who served-who fought for our rights-they ARE warriors. In the freeze, the rice paddies, the terror of what is around a mountain path, and blinding sand-they ARE warriors and they bled for us, and for you. While you "protesters" were drinking Capri Suns, getting covered scholastically, and everyone coddled you, there were people in the sand-real men and women-fighting for us for 30k a year. And they were black, brown, white, ginger and every shade in between.

And you spoiled, priveleged brats are spitting on the boys and girls, men and women, and the flag and anthem and country they fought for.

Oh and by the way, you wannabe Dr. Kings', John Lewis'  and Thoreaus'--21.9% of OUR officers are black, 31.6% of OUR enlisted folks are black, 11.3% of our entire military is Hispanic.

And oh yeah again, you incredibly uninformed brats.....Minority police officers doubled and accounted for 27% of all local police officers in 2013, and the percentage increases significantly every 10 years. 

THAT's who you are kneeling on. 

People of your color, my color, our color. 

NO ONE turns from our flag except our enemies. They burn our flag in Tehran, Kabul and Damascus. NO American turns from our flag in protest. And on 9/11 no less when men and women who swore to protect us, refused to succumb to fear and waded into harm's way. Again.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BCurt57 said:

This started by me telling an old friend her pictures of her dad in uniform were great. She has lost him and was expressing her love on his birthday. But I decided not to post this on her wall, because this isn't her opinion-it's mine. 

I'm sorry for making an inappropriate comment, but I mean it with the greatest respect. I figure your Dad might appreciate it.

When these young men who are "suffering" with their 7 figure salaries kneel and bow their heads to the flag and her anthem, are they so stupid to not understand they are turning their heads from men like your Dad, and my Dad, who fought and  served for no reason other than to keep all of us safe and strong and because they were young and they were men. 

And that includes the genius 24 year old black guys who get attention for no reason other than the fact they get to be on tv, make millions, and play a game for about 23 weeks each year. It's remarkable no one tells them how shameful it is that while they get to play a game, they degrade a flag and her anthem, that other young men and women bled for. 

These millionaire, privileged athletes are called "warriors." They aren't warriors. They are elitist and pampered youth who volunteer to get banged up and tear a miniscus in exchange for huge money and a lifestyle of excess, exclusion and arrogance. They get bruised for money, and more money, and more money.

But those who served-who fought for our rights-they ARE warriors. In the freeze, the rice paddies, the terror of what is around a mountain path, and blinding sand-they ARE warriors and they bled for us, and for you. While you "protesters" were drinking Capri Suns, getting covered scholastically, and everyone coddled you, there were people in the sand-real men and women-fighting for us for 30k a year. And they were black, brown, white, ginger and every shade in between.

And you spoiled, priveleged brats are spitting on the boys and girls, men and women, and the flag and anthem and country they fought for.

Oh and by the way, you wannabe Dr. Kings', John Lewis'  and Thoreaus'--21.9% of OUR officers are black, 31.6% of OUR enlisted folks are black, 11.3% of our entire military is Hispanic.

And oh yeah again, you incredibly uninformed brats.....Minority police officers doubled and accounted for 27% of all local police officers in 2013, and the percentage increases significantly every 10 years. 

NO ONE turns from our flag except our enemies. They burn our flag in Tehran, Kabul and Damascus. NO American turns from our flag in protest. And on 9/11 no less when men and women who swore to protect us, refused to succumb to fear and waded into harm's way. Again.

1. Wrong section

2. I make more than 30k a year.

3. Thanks for your support but it's a person's right to conduct a peaceful protest...if they weren't granted that right everything that's been fought for would be for naught. 

First of all, wrong forum

Second of all, the star spangled banner is deeply rooted in racist/ bigoted sentiment. Don't believe me? Read the lyrics for yourself (all of them, not just the ones you hear during the anthem)

Third of all, you completely missed the point of the movement. Just because one takes a knee during the anthem does not mean they are disrespecting those who have fought for this country. They're not protesting the veterans. They are refusing to support a country rife in racism, bigotry,and xenophobia. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

First of all, wrong forum

Second of all, the star spangled banner is deeply rooted in racist/ bigoted sentiment. Don't believe me? Read the lyrics for yourself (all of them, not just the ones you near during the anthem)

Third of all, you completely missed the point of the movement. Just because one takes a knee during the anthem does not mean they are disrespecting those who have fought for this country. They're not protesting the veterans. Rather, they are refusing to support a country rife in racism, bigotry,and xenophobia. 

I'd take this a step further - they're not refusing to support anything other than a gesture.  They're simply pointing out an extremely troubling injustice.

Edited by JOEinPHX

Um yeah it's a peaceful protest. I'm in the air force and i was apart of operation iraqi freedom. This has nothing to do with the flag. I could see if they were sitting down but they are taking a knee.  It's a shame our country is going through this, sadly I don't think it will end.

My father was in the army, a grew up in Germany. I didn't really experience racism until we moved Ga. I know this thread isn't about racism,  just wanted to share my eyes were open once I came to the states. Don't think they are united. 

They've done nothing for anyone. They crap on the kid down the street who couldn't leave through sports, so they left through bravery, sacrifice and courage. They weren't coddled. They were men. And women. Black men and black women. I have yet to see a black man or woman who served defecate on our flag. 

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Um yeah it's a peaceful protest. I'm in the air force and i was apart of operation iraqi freedom. This has nothing to do with the flag. I could see if they were sitting down but they are taking a knee.  It's a shame our country is going through this, sadly I don't think it will end.

My father was in the army, a grew up in Germany. I didn't really experience racism until we moved Ga. I know this thread isn't about racism,  just wanted to share my eyes were open once I came to the states. Don't think they are united. 

Wow, my daughter never experience racism while I was station overseas but when I came back to the states. 

Also those guys are not disrespecting the flag or the military just but exercising their right in showing ....... Awww Forget it lets just show understanding towards each other.

20 minutes ago, BCurt57 said:

They've done nothing for anyone. They crap on the kid down the street who couldn't leave through sports, so they left through bravery, sacrifice and courage. They weren't coddled. They were men. And women. Black men and black women. I have yet to see a black man or woman who served defecate on our flag. 

Before this gets moved, what you and people of your thought train fail to realize is this: by declaring something sacred and above individual interpretation or reproach, you are demonstrably going against the dissenting backdrop which this country's constitution was drafted against.  You are also demonstrating that you have no real clue what the first amendment is all about.  I would argue that the first amendment, the constitution and the flag need more protection from people like you than from football players taking a knee before kickoff.  

Lol I hope you're this mad when people happily fly the Confederate Flag...

One group is demanding the justice of innocent killings while another group is fully celebrating the history of the most treasonous group of citizens this country has ever seen. 

Also, when did the military claim ownership of the flag? I didn't know pledging allegiance to the flag was solely honoring the military. When did that happen?

Idiot. I don't care about any "statistics" other than the disproportionate killing of unarmed black men and women to other races. Dylan Roof killed nine people in a church and lived to tell it. James Holmes shot up a movie theater in Colorado and lived to tell about it. HeIl, even the bombers in Boston and New York lived to tell about it. Black people are being killed for having their cars break down. Miss me with all that bullshlt about some military personnel or policemen are black so people are immature brats for protesting. 

Also, can somebody explain this "fought for our rights" crap while we're at it? What country is trying to infringe on our rights? What rights have been threatened to be taken away and by what country? No country in the Middle East has tried. The last true "threat" to American rights was 70 years ago...

2 minutes ago, vel said:

One group is demanding the justice of innocent killings while another group is fully celebrating the history of the most treasonous group of citizens this country has ever seen. 

Also, when did the military claim ownership of the flag? I didn't know pledging allegiance to the flag was solely honoring the military. When did that happen?

Idiot. I don't care about any "statistics" other than the disproportionate killing of unarmed black men and women to other races. Dylan Roof killed nine people in a church and lived to tell it. James Holmes shot up a movie theater in Colorado and lived to tell about it. HeIl, even the bombers in Boston and New York lived to tell about it. Black people are being killed for having their cars break down. Miss me with all that bullshlt about some military personnel or policemen are black so people are immature brats for protesting. 

Also, can somebody explain this "fought for our rights" crap while we're at it? What country is trying to infringe on our rights? What rights have been threatened to be taken away and by what country? No country in the Middle East has tried. The last true "threat" to American rights was 70 years ago...

I tried to like this multiple times but couldn't. ...excellent post....

57 minutes ago, BCurt57 said:

You sound like everything that is wrong with this country. As long as a black person can entertain you it's cool but the minute they speak up for themselves and other minorities and/or injustices it's "shut up and do as you're told". I come from a family with a huge military background and all my relatives that fought for this country fought for the right for you to have your bs opinion and mine to disagree with it. 

And btw it has nothing to do with a flag or the soldiers that serve the country. If guys like you would open your ears and actually LISTEN to what ppl say instead of "shut up and do what we say" then you'd have a clue of what this is all about. 

5 minutes ago, vel said:

people are upset about Kaep's protest but they seem to not have anything to say about 3 other people being killed since his protesting began

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Great post Vel. 

Just now, raysnill1 said:

people are upset about Kaep's protest but they seem to not have anything to say about 3 other people being killed since his protesting began

Exactly. More focused about Kaep's protest and not what he's protesting. That's the problem. But when the entertainment black bodies/life provides you is more important than the existence of that black life...

11 minutes ago, vel said:

A big reason no country tries is the military dominance we've shown, the strategic placements of 'allies' with forward deploying units, and some treaties we've signed that keep archaic 'tyrants' in check. So yeah, we aren't literally fighting a war for rights, but continuing to stay sharp, continuing to 'show the flag', as they say it, in other countries, and continuing to present force does keep America well...America. And American rights are one of the things that makes us, us

Edited by Wjcorner

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Why don't we ALL start showing a modicum of empathy and respect for one another??? Instead of taking one hard-line stance or another on every statement and circumstance, how about we start trying to understand how others feel? We just have to love one another. 

This is exactly the problem. Every time one side tries to get along and love the other side the bs starts happening and the losing side is always supposed to "turn the other cheek". The hate is so deep rooted it's not gonna dissipate over night. Nobody in this board will he around when all the hate that hate created has subsided. 

2 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

A big reason no country tries is the military dominance we've shown, the strategic placements of 'allies' with forward deploying units, and some treaties we've signed that keep archaic 'tyrants' in check. So yeah, we aren't literally fighting a war for rights, but continuing to stay sharp, continuing to 'show the flag', as they say it, in other countries, and continuing to present force does keep America well...America. And American rights are one of the things that makes us, us

What rights are military personnel fighting for and what country is trying to take them? 

America spends more on defense than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of which are allies... I'm pretty sure there is little need for such a strong military presence elsewhere when we can't even get home right. 

And before any of yall say it, I've got plenty of family in the military. Cousin is a Marine stationed in Japan and one just retired from the Navy in Hawaii. I respect what the military does, but this whole "they are protecting our rights" is a bunch of propaganda BS. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

This is exactly the problem. Every time one side tries to get along and love the other side the bs starts happening and the losing side is always supposed to "turn the other cheek". The hate is so deep rooted it's not gonna dissipate over night. Nobody in this board will he around when all the hate that hate created has subsided. 

Man, we live in a fallen and depraved world. Hate will exist somewhere, in some form, until humanity ceases to exist. We can only impact one interaction at a time, choosing our words carefully and searching our hearts for what's right. 

9 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Why don't we ALL start showing a modicum of empathy and respect for one another??? Instead of taking one hard-line stance or another on every statement and circumstance, how about we start trying to understand how others feel? We just have to love one another. 

I love all people. But when people choose to ignore or deem the pain me and my people feel when we constantly see one another lying dead in the street for being humans, I find it real hard. When people try to wash out our realities with pro-flag and pro-military talk, it pisses me off. Especially when those same people complaining about Kaep sure have no problem with the millions of Confederate Flags being flown or millions rallying for Trump to "Make America Great Again". Cleary those Trump supporters see something wrong with America but Kaep pointing out what he's sees wrong is...."different". No. It's just Black.