Monday Night Delimma - How To Watch MNF & Debate?

JayOzOne

So, the first presidential debate will be taking place at the same time as the game with the stains on Monday. I love my Falcons but I'm angsty as **** about what's going to happen in a few weeks at the polls. I'll be at my computer, which has a television tuner and I'll listen to the debate while watching the game mostly on mute. I'm sure the majority of us will watch the game and probably Tivo the debate, but I was just wondering how others plan to handle this.

Please, if you respond, do not turn this into a political thread. I'm just wondering how others view two things when flipping the channel won't work.

dilemma.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be watching the game. This is the game that shows what the Falcons are made of. Even though the Falcons are playing better than the Saints, everyone is picking Saints because of history. Ticks me off to see the below in the news so I will be watching the Falcons smash the dreams of the Saints on this anniversary............. I love the smell of football against the Saints on a Monday.... smells like... Victory.

MONDAY NIGHT: FALCONS AT SAINTS

The ’78 Steelers wouldn’t beat the Saints on the 10-year anniversary of the re-opening of the Superdome.

Pfffft...I love a good mud slinging debate as the next guy but I will concentrate solely on the Falcons!  Strange they would want to debate on Monday Night Football...but I understand because one of them is worried that too many people may watch and actually find out they have nothing to offer the American people.   

4 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Amazing ignorance of the ones who say they won't watch the debate, even on TIVO.  Do you even understand that the winner of this election will appoint 3 , or maybe 4 Supreme Court Justices, along with the majority of the Appellate Court Judges ?  This will decide the future of this country for the next 50 years........

.........and you don't CARE ?  You compare the two candidates to monkeys throwing scat at each other ?  Do you have any education at all ?  No matter who you favor, this debate is important.  You should be embarrassed to show such ignorance.  You have a classic case of the Left against the Right, and you don't 

CARE ???   That means you have no opinion, which equals ignorance.  GEEEZ  !!!

I get your point but most who have already decided will not change their mind from a debate unless something VERY major happens.  And if that happens, they'll know about it in the morning,  If you're undecided, you should be watching to help form your opinion.  Especially since it's live and you see everything first hand, not filtered by biased media the next day. 

3 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Amazing ignorance of the ones who say they won't watch the debate, even on TIVO.  Do you even understand that the winner of this election will appoint 3 , or maybe 4 Supreme Court Justices, along with the majority of the Appellate Court Judges ?  This will decide the future of this country for the next 50 years........

.........and you don't CARE ?  You compare the two candidates to monkeys throwing scat at each other ?  Do you have any education at all ?  No matter who you favor, this debate is important.  You should be embarrassed to show such ignorance.  You have a classic case of the Left against the Right, and you don't 

"Ignorance," LOL.

I don't care because your preferences are not my preferences, and your values are not my values, and your opinion on who (if anyone) will appoint the correct Supreme Court justices is not my opinion.  You have no right to my vote, nor my viewing preferences.  I don't care because I don't see a squirt of piss worth of difference between the two.

Any claim on your part that I am "ignorant" because of that is simply you trying to impose your own preferences on me, as if I should care.  Sorry.  I don't.

4 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

The point is that this debate won't change anyone's mind about anything. This is far from a "classic case". It's an orange maniac trading insults with a lady robot. There will be angry, horrible tweets from both sides and Facebook timelines will have awful posts from both sides. It's just become a sad cartoon. 

55 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

So, the first presidential debate will be taking place at the same time as the game with the stains on Monday. I love my Falcons but I'm angsty as **** about what's going to happen in a few weeks at the polls. I'll be at my computer, which has a television tuner and I'll listen to the debate while watching the game mostly on mute. I'm sure the majority of us will watch the game and probably Tivo the debate, but I was just wondering how others plan to handle this.

Please, if you respond, do not turn this into a political thread. I'm just wondering how others view two things when flipping the channel won't work.

dilemma.jpg

I'm going to watch the game and then use the media for a recap of the debate.

Hopefully they'll both be pleasant experiences although both have the potential to make me very emotional.

Im interested in the debate but I think the game will have a better pace while debates can drag at times.

Just now, Duff_Man said:

The point is that this debate won't change anyone's mind about anything. This is far from a "classic case". It's an orange maniac trading insults with a lady robot. There will be angry, horrible tweets from both sides and Facebook timelines will have awful posts from both sides. It's just become a sad cartoon. 

The bigger point for me is the candidate I am voting for has been denied access to the debate.

So why should I watch when there is a perfectly good football game on TV?

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

The bigger point for me is the candidate I am voting for has been denied access to the debate.

So why should I watch when there is a perfectly good football game on TV?

Well if I cast a vote for President, I know which way I am NOT voting. No debate is going to change that. 

Neither event will change my preference (team I root for/candidate I prefer), but I can clearly say that the football game will provide more unexpected events and outcome whereas I pretty much know what will be said in the debate and the winner will probably be debated for days afterward.

I can record the debate and watch it afterward and not feel much guilt but recording the game and watching it afterward will not feel right.

30 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

It's a little out of line to be calling anybody ignorant just because they don't believe or see something the way you do....i don't care for neither one of them...in my opinion we're screwed no matter who wins...it's all reality tv...and every one has a choice to watch which ever game they choose. ..because it's all one big show...and the question should not be who's watching the debate...but if there will be an election at all....