Always the Saints on Monday Night

F41C0NS

4 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

The Taints have become the NFL's charity case so they always schedule sympathy games against us.

10hfegXGKVRVNm.gif

Pretty much.

I would be tempted to play a drinking game around every Katrina or Gleason mention, but I would be dead before the game even starts.

Glad we get to be the fall guy every time the NFL wants to play up the emotional appeal story.

Here's how the game goes...

Saints first drive, there will be a phantom P.I. call on third down. They end up scoring, gotta set the tone you know, give them the early edge.

Falcons strike back and tie it up. The game is pretty clean, back and forth until halftime.

To start the third quarter, Falcons are driving when a questionable holding call stalls their drive just out of FG range. Another phantom P.I. call allows the Saints to build onto their lead.

The Falcons keep chipping away and finally get within 3, and have the ball in the 4th quarter. Once again we are driving effortlessly, but a dropped Sanu pass puts us in 3rd down. This could be the game. Ryan drops back and calmly finds Julio over the middle. Julio barely takes a step or secures the ball before Kenny Vaccaro (aka cheap shot artist), leads into Julio's helmet and drops him. Not only do the refs not flag Vaccaro for a personal foul, but rule that Julio made the catch and fumbled the ball even though he didn't make a "football move".

Saints sit on the lead and escape the dog and pony show by a FG.

2 hours ago, blackredfellow said:

Here's how the game goes...

Saints first drive, there will be a phantom P.I. call on third down. They end up scoring, gotta set the tone you know, give them the early edge.

Falcons strike back and tie it up. The game is pretty clean, back and forth until halftime.

To start the third quarter, Falcons are driving when a questionable holding call stalls their drive just out of FG range. Another phantom P.I. call allows the Saints to build onto their lead.

The Falcons keep chipping away and finally get within 3, and have the ball in the 4th quarter. Once again we are driving effortlessly, but a dropped Sanu pass puts us in 3rd down. This could be the game. Ryan drops back and calmly finds Julio over the middle. Julio barely takes a step or secures the ball before Kenny Vaccaro (aka cheap shot artist), leads into Julio's helmet and drops him. Not only do the refs not flag Vaccaro for a personal foul, but rule that Julio made the catch and fumbled the ball even though he didn't make a "football move".

Saints sit on the lead and escape the dog and pony show by a FG.

I think that first scoring drive you have there for the Falcons will have us score, like you said, but I think you left out the LATE Holding flag they will throw right after it looks like we are about to score to bring it back and we end up punting.

The Saints and Falcons have met six times on Monday Night Football, most recently in 2011. The series has been played three times in Atlanta and three times in New Orleans, and overall the Saints lead 5–1.

The 2006 matchup, the first game played in the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina, was the second highest rated cable television broadcast of all time, a mark that has since been surpassed. The 2010 matchup averaged 19.1 million viewers on ESPN, making it the most watched cable broadcast of 2010.[5]

Year Winner Result Location
2005 Atlanta Falcons 36-17 Atlanta
2006 New Orleans Saints 23-3 New Orleans
2007 New Orleans Saints 34-14 Atlanta
2009 New Orleans Saints 35-27 New Orleans
2010 New Orleans Saints 17-14 Atlanta
2011 New Orleans Saints 45-16 New Orleans

4 minutes ago, The_Establishment said:

The Saints and Falcons have met six times on Monday Night Football, most recently in 2011. The series has been played three times in Atlanta and three times in New Orleans, and overall the Saints lead 5–1.

The 2006 matchup, the first game played in the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina, was the second highest rated cable television broadcast of all time, a mark that has since been surpassed. The 2010 matchup averaged 19.1 million viewers on ESPN, making it the most watched cable broadcast of 2010.[5]

Year Winner Result Location
2005 Atlanta Falcons 36-17 Atlanta
2006 New Orleans Saints 23-3 New Orleans
2007 New Orleans Saints 34-14 Atlanta
2009 New Orleans Saints 35-27 New Orleans
2010 New Orleans Saints 17-14 Atlanta
2011 New Orleans Saints 45-16 New Orleans

So you're saying... it's our time to shine?  :rolleyes: