Levitre is about to play in his 115th straight game...

Halsey.

I think LeVitre currently is the more solid of our guards. I think Schweitzer replaces Chester next year, and I don't think we replace two guards in one offseason. 

I believe he signed a 4 year deal (correct me, someone, if I'm incorrect) and is currently in year 2. Even if the deal is longer, I think next year is his last year as a presumptive starter. Come 2018 I think he's fighting for a roster spot with either a young draft pick or signee.

1 hour ago, AndySG said:

He was poor last season but I think he's improved with a full offseason this year. Chester is more of a concern, although Levitre is on a lot of money for an average guy. 

well considering that last year, he spent all the offseason INCLUDING training camp on a different team, and had 6 days before the season started to try to learn the offence......yeah yeah, I know, he played in something similar. I keep reading that Matt played in something similar too, but look how long it's taken him to get comfortable. Wait, are we sure he's comfortable yet? LOL

but yeah, Andy was the guy brought in after TC, a week before season started....

10 minutes ago, papachaz said:

well considering that last year, he spent all the offseason INCLUDING training camp on a different team, and had 6 days before the season started to try to learn the offence......yeah yeah, I know, he played in something similar. I keep reading that Matt played in something similar too, but look how long it's taken him to get comfortable. Wait, are we sure he's comfortable yet? LOL

but yeah, Andy was the guy brought in after TC, a week before season started....

That's what I meant when I said about the offseason. He's looked better. 

Haven't actually been able to watch a game on TV b/c I'm not in the area, so I haven't been able to hone in on him, but I've been hearing good things.

Our best case scenario here is that Levitre locks up the LG position, allowing us to wait until at least after 2017 to address it, while Schweitzer starts at RG, showing promise, before season's end. Then we draft a mid round OG to develop into Levitre's replacement.

I'll certainly be paying attention to him in Monday's game.

I feel that after last year when he had numerous holding calls as well as missed assignments and personal fouls, so far he has been consistent and an asset to the line in protection at least in comparison to last year when most EVERYONE was calling for his head and release. RG is more of a concern but I feel we will get more secure with that spot as the season goes on and DQ tinkers more.

I've liked Levitre since he came in the league. I was excited when we traded for him, but his lack of time with us and having a piss poor center had him looking horrible.

Was glad to see him step up so far this year and look pretty good. I think RG is our only true immediate concern (as long as we can resign Schraeder) if Wes don't take over my seasons end.

I was telling you cats when we signed Levitre he beasted in Buffalo in the zone blocking scheme, but the next year they went to power blocking and he regressed.

I had a feeling he struggled last year with whiffs and penalties based on him getting thrown to the wolves being signed 2 days before regular season started and playing next to a terrible center.  I'm really glad he is back to his old self as he's been playing really well this year so far.