Dan Quinn's biggest game as a head coach is Monday

cnasty

He currently sits with a 1-6 divisional record.  His defense is currently ranked 27th in points allowed, 29th in yards per game, 26th in run defense, and 30th in dvoa on defense.  

Quinn has to rally the troops for his biggest game to date as a Falcons coach. The game is on national TV and in the event that he and his defense were to get embarrassed on national tv by a division rival would further advance the Espns of the world that the Falcons are pretenders.

Its his team now, it has to be. He has made the important decisions and put his players into his defensive system. The time has come for him to put all this talk about team unity and stepping-up to the opportunity to good use.

Let's see it, Quinn. Let's see the team play lights out and truly "rise up" on a nationally televised game.

It most certainly is.  If he drops another division game he will feel the wrath of the Falcon Nation.  He is already disliked by many, including me.  But a Saints win will cause my dislike for him as a coach dwindle just a bit. 

Come on coach...we need discipline on this defense this week.    

13 minutes ago, nomak said:

It most certainly is.  If he drops another division game he will feel the wrath of the Falcon Nation.  He is already disliked by many, including me.  But a Saints win will cause my dislike for him as a coach dwindle just a bit. 

Come on coach...we need discipline on this defense this week.    

haha I feel a lot of the Falcons organization are disliked by many whenever I log on here.  As for me, the only people I am unhappy with in our organization are Rich Mckay and TD

6 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

It certainly would be big, but by no means a make or break for him as a coach only in his second year

Agree.

Quinn has the right temperament to ready his troops for a game like this.......not too high, not too emotional........business like. THIS will serve the team well.

16 minutes ago, Bring It said:

Agree.

Quinn has the right temperament to ready his troops for a game like this.......not too high, not too emotional........business like. THIS will serve the team well.

Yes...it worked so well in the divisional games last year.  Not to mention the resent Bucs game.

1 hour ago, nomak said:

Yes...it worked so well in the divisional games last year.  Not to mention the resent Bucs game.

We also swept the NFC East and put the only undefeated team to shame on monday night bright lights last year...so theres that. Quinn sounded like a leader after the Raiders game in the locker room last Sunday. He's got it. Have some faith.

Edited by FenixFalcon

This game is big, but it is far from make or break lol.  Week 3, tied for first in the division against a team who hasn't won a game yet...fans love to make things bigger than they are.  It's the next opponent up, and if this team wants to do anything this year they need to start beating the teams trotted in front of them week in and week out.  Saints, Broncos, Browns, whoever.  You beat the teams you should beat and let the rest sort itself out.

3 hours ago, cnasty said:

He currently sits with a 1-6 divisional record.  His defense is currently ranked 27th in points allowed, 29th in yards per game, 26th in run defense, and 30th in dvoa on defense.  

Quinn has to rally the troops for his biggest game to date as a Falcons coach. The game is on national TV and in the event that he and his defense were to get embarrassed on national tv by a division rival would further advance the Espns of the world that the Falcons are pretenders.

Its his team now, it has to be. He has made the important decisions and put his players into his defensive system. The time has come for him to put all this talk about team unity and stepping-up to the opportunity to good use.

Let's see it, Quinn. Let's see the team play lights out and truly "rise up" on a nationally televised game.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the defensive standings after week 2 from last year? Seems like the defense has regressed compared to a year ago at this time.

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the defensive standings after week 2 from last year? Seems like the defense has regressed compared to a year ago at this time.

Standings I don't know but Philly dropped 24 on us in the opener, Bradford threw for 336 and they rushed for about 75 yards.  0 sacks, 2 interceptions.  Week 2, the Giants dropped 20 on us, Eli threw for 292 and they rushed for almost 100 yards.  2 sacks, 0 interceptions.  Kroy got a sack that game lol

1 hour ago, FenixFalcon said:

We also swept the NFC East and put the only undefeated team to shame on monday night bright lights last year...so theres that. Quinn sounded like a leader after the Raiders game in the locker room last Sunday. He's got it. Have some faith.

I'm trying...

Perhaps...but it is the brightest!!  Monday night lights in New Orleans.  This whole organization must not let the Katrina homecoming, 10 year Anniversary, thing get to them.  That game against us started their "so called" run in the NFL.  We tried to punt early and they blocked it and that city and franchise really didn't come back down to earth until a few years ago.  So I say...let drag their azzes to the Louisiana swamp and leave them there for gator meat!  LOL!!!