Keanu Should Get Some Looks @ FS

Gimme.

He definitely has the speed and size for the position. Not to mention, HE WAS DEFINITELY OVER-DRAFTED! In all honesty I saw the work out tape of him and Kam thinking "Wow, this guy is huge! Just like Kam!!" and then when I actually see the guys' true size and speed I think to myself: 'For the Number 17 Pick Overall you gotta at least TRY this guy at FS as well!' That's a pretty high pick for a guy who's expected to play like someone who's actually quite a bit bigger than he is...? More specifically, Keanu is 6'1-ish, 210 lbs & Kam is easily better than 6'3, 230... I really didn't get all the comparisons. And then seeing the guy's training camp (along with the infamous Kam-Workout vid) showed me that he's definitely an athlete first, similar to Beasley. He's a plug & play guy than can LITERALLY play all over the field and is WILLING to try anything to make the team better! So really: Compare the guy to somebody he's MORE EASILY built similar to... ED REED!!! C'mo Coach!! Easy... GIVE HIM THE ONE SPECIFIC FOCUS OF PLAYING THE BALL TO TAKE IT! TO STEAL IT! & TEMPER HIS BIG HITS INTO CONSISTENTLY SOLID TACKLING! How high you picked the guy could easily be given real justification! That gives Ricardo Allen a chance to sit back and keep studying rather than pressuring him into Quick Learning On the Job all the time and let him sit back and keep learning. AND! Kemal Ishmael can finally be given a season to start and get better because he's playing WELL and has played WELL since last season. I'm always left in a huck-a-buck where I'm caught wondering how creative these guys REALLY are versus just how much basic common sense goes into the job??? KEANU DEFINITELY NEEDS A REAL TIME LOOK AT FREE SAFETY & BEASLEY NEEDS TO BE MOVED AROUND THE DEFENSE... STARTERS NEED TO START NOT WEAK PROJECTS & A BUNCHA OLD HEADS...

3 minutes ago, Gimme. said:

Neal is a SAFETY. The great thing about Florida's program is that they'll actually put their d-backs all over the field. He's definitely capable of playing either safety position Mr. gazoo.

If you plan on playing him at FS he was over drafted.

if you plan on playing him as a box safety he could be a perennial pro bowler.

I'll take you seriously OP and tell you why this wouldn't work.

1. He's fast for an SS but doesn't have enough range for FS.

2. FS has to have good ball skills and instincts. Neal has them but he's more of an enforcer.

3. The best safeties in the league have GREAT recovery speed. That's not part of Neal's skill set. FS are normally tasked with the responsibility of patrolling the deep part of the field and sometimes play center field. Neal simply doesn't have the skill set to handle that against some of the better pass offenses.