Jump to content

I thought Hags showed up


HASHBROWN3
 Share

Recommended Posts

After watching again, I thought Hageman was rock solid.  He was shoving some folks backwards again and had an affect on Carr several times.  

As a side not, on that play that where Cooper got pushed out legally, then the TD was nullified... Babs beat the **** out of his man and was in hot pursuit of Carr.  He was absolutely mugged and nearly tackled while running after Carr and AGAIN there was no fkg call!!!!!!   It was so glaring and in such full view that I have no words.  If Cooper did not go out of bounds on that play, it would have been a disgusting TD with no call on the blatant hold...

But I was proud of Hageman.  He was making a distinct difference.  If you didn't see him, go back and let me know what y'all think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

After watching again, I thought Hageman was rock solid.  He was shoving some folks backwards again and had an affect on Carr several times.  

As a side not, on that play that where Cooper got pushed out legally, then the TD was nullified... Babs beat the **** out of his man and was in hot pursuit of Carr.  He was absolutely mugged and nearly tackled while running after Carr and AGAIN there was no fkg call!!!!!!   It was so glaring and in such full view that I have no words.  If Cooper did not go out of bounds on that play, it would have been a disgusting TD with no call on the blatant hold...

But I was proud of Hageman.  He was making a distinct difference.  If you didn't see him, go back and let me know what y'all think.

You are correct sir. And he played like that all preseason.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

After watching again, I thought Hageman was rock solid.  He was shoving some folks backwards again and had an affect on Carr several times.  

As a side not, on that play that where Cooper got pushed out legally, then the TD was nullified... Babs beat the **** out of his man and was in hot pursuit of Carr.  He was absolutely mugged and nearly tackled while running after Carr and AGAIN there was no fkg call!!!!!!   It was so glaring and in such full view that I have no words.  If Cooper did not go out of bounds on that play, it would have been a disgusting TD with no call on the blatant hold...

But I was proud of Hageman.  He was making a distinct difference.  If you didn't see him, go back and let me know what y'all think.

Man I've noticed it for both games. We don't get those calls. I think it's partly the players youth and partly because Quinn doesn't fight for the calls. I saw at LEAST 4 no calls on pressures. It's bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Man I've noticed it for both games. We don't get those calls. I think it's partly the players youth and partly because Quinn doesn't fight for the calls. I saw at LEAST 4 no calls on pressures. It's bad. 

I am getting concerned about it Fatboi.  This one was ignored on purpose and I would send that film to the league and/or the proper authority for the officials...  I'd include some Beasley stuff too.  I actually am giving Beasley some credit.  When I watched it again he didn't play as badly as some suggest.  I think he'll be ok man.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we can stop the dump off for little to no gain (We have been doing better) we will not get sacks by week 5 and after I see us getting a lot more. Maybe even 2 a game. Also dann Quinn need to send a few clips to the NFL top people and say hey we are not getting the calls we need to. Why in the world do they have all the referees but not one could see some of the once we see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gotta say Hags should be getting more snaps in nickel. Preferably inside. I've complained about Hags lack of ability to disengage but at this point I am 100% content with someone who can just push their guy back because our DT's aren't getting it done (though Oakland has a nice interior and I believe Jarrett can generate pressure) 

 

Our nickel line should look like

Freeney-Hags-Jarrett-Beasley

and

Freeney-Clayborn-Hags-Beasley

in order to spell Jarrett who gets a lot of base snaps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I am getting concerned about it Fatboi.  This one was ignored on purpose and I would send that film to the league and/or the proper authority for the officials...  I'd include some Beasley stuff too.  I actually am giving Beasley some credit.  When I watched it again he didn't play as badly as some suggest.  I think he'll be ok man.  

Beasley will be fine. I see should be flags on him a lot. He doesn't fight for the call and neither does Dan. Only thing that will start getting us those calls is winning and respect. Like last week. Hawley. TACKLED Jarrett. No call. Winston made the dump off. It's a sack if he doesn't get tackled. How is that NOT a flag?? And he STILL got up and made the hit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I am getting concerned about it Fatboi.  This one was ignored on purpose and I would send that film to the league and/or the proper authority for the officials...  I'd include some Beasley stuff too.  I actually am giving Beasley some credit.  When I watched it again he didn't play as badly as some suggest.  I think he'll be ok man.  

Beasley actually had a nice spin on that third down play where Cooper floated in mid air. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I gotta say Hags should be getting more snaps in nickel. Preferably inside. I've complained about Hags lack of ability to disengage but at this point I am 100% content with someone who can just push their guy back because our DT's aren't getting it done (though Oakland has a nice interior and I believe Jarrett can generate pressure) 

 

Our nickel line should look like

Freeney-Hags-Jarrett-Beasley

and

Freeney-Clayborn-Hags-Beasley

in order to spell Jarrett who gets a lot of base snaps

I would like to see that too. Even if he doesn't get the sack he could use his height to disrupt the passing lane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend of mine had the nerve to text me and say "he was clearly pushed out of bounds, should have stood." I noticed the mugging in real time and immediately said there were at least 2 holds on that play that should have been called, so don't give me that. Someone else was held I think but I don't remember who. How they didn't call that one on Babs is beyond me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I gotta say Hags should be getting more snaps in nickel. Preferably inside. I've complained about Hags lack of ability to disengage but at this point I am 100% content with someone who can just push their guy back because our DT's aren't getting it done (though Oakland has a nice interior and I believe Jarrett can generate pressure) 

 

Our nickel line should look like

Freeney-Hags-Jarrett-Beasley

and

Freeney-Clayborn-Hags-Beasley

in order to spell Jarrett who gets a lot of base snaps

Boy you make a great point here.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

When we can stop the dump off for little to no gain (We have been doing better) we will not get sacks by week 5 and after I see us getting a lot more. Maybe even 2 a game. Also dann Quinn need to send a few clips to the NFL top people and say hey we are not getting the calls we need to. Why in the world do they have all the referees but not one could see some of the once we see.

Gotta admit though that we are missing two the darn guys we drafted to put a stop to this chit...  They need as many snaps as possible...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...