The case of Jonbenet Ramsey

JaGz

I do think Burke probably did it, but he is definitely on the autism spectrum which makes judgement of his actions very difficult. Not sure how a parent could process that decision if in fact he did do it. 

Edited by JaGz

The brother clearly did it, and most likely over the fact that she got a pineapple treat instead of him.

I always found it weird, even as a kid, watching the pictures of her funeral and how non-bothered he seemed by it. Dude was laughing at the funeral, and watching the interview now he couldnt be arsed. I know he has autism, but come on man that was/is your sister.

1 hour ago, Forever Julian said:

The brother clearly did it, and most likely over the fact that she got a pineapple treat instead of him.

I always found it weird, even as a kid, watching the pictures of her funeral and how non-bothered he seemed by it. Dude was laughing at the funeral, and watching the interview now he couldnt be arsed. I know he has autism, but come on man that was/is your sister.

The theory that the CBS show was pushing is that he got the pineapple treat, but she likely reached in and took a single piece.  Her DNA wasn't on the bowl or the glass of tea, but they found trace amounts of what was likely pineapple in her during the autopsy, which made them think she just ingested the single piece. 

I didn't really follow this case, but from reading on another message board, the CBS doc was pretty one-sided and there's some DNA evidence they downplayed.  I think it's basically been proven beyond doubt that the mom wrote the ransom note, but it's still speculative if the brother actually killed her. 

As a father, I understand the psychology of having a daughter.  I do not understand the psychology of either discovering my child is dead, or thinking that my other child killed her and wanting to protect that child, IF that's what happened.  The lengths they would have gone to to stage a murder are pretty bizarre, moving the body around, making a garotte and strangling her while she was brain dead, writing the ransom note, putting the brother back to bed, etc . . .

1 hour ago, Forever Julian said:

I read that he is not autistic.  I'd certainly say he displays signs of being on the spectrum however ... I only watched the first part of the Dr. Phil thing and his behavior is bizarre.