Don't kill me...but Garrett?

cdboard47

I'll be the first to say I haven't done my fair share of studying this years draft or FA class yet, so forgive me if they're deep. I assume we'll likely finish with a draft pick in the late teens again this year. I'm not sure how big the drop in value is for being a pick next year, but if we had say, pick 18; we could likely trade this years 1st, next years 1st, and then a 2nd and a 4th in either draft as well to move up into the top 3 where we can grab Garrett. Essentially swapping 1's this year and trading another 1, 2, & 4. 

With TD on the hot seat, Ryan and Julio's closing prime window, and the pure desperation for a pass rusher, do you think TD makes one more Julio-magnitude  trade? 

To be clear, im not advocating anything, it just crossed my mind today. Personally I want to fix the OG situation as soon as we add a pass rusher or 7 lol. This trade would deplete depth but I've got a feeling TD might be froggy this draft season

If I could trust the personnel staff to make the right picks with that trade, then yea. You can't miss with making a trade like that with the rest of your picks. I don't know if we can afford to do that expertise wise. Look at the Julio trade, we got a top player in Julio, but because the staff didn't know how to evaluate talent we missed so much with the picks we had left it depleted the team. Just don't want to repeat that scenario.