Guess Who Leads the NFL in Yards After Catch?!?!

HolyMoses

Surprise  Week Six Update . . .  

Tevin Coleman.

Of course this is a very small sample size, but he's having a nice season so far.  I liked that he got a carry during the Falcons last series when they were trying to run out the clock.  It showed confidence that he has mended his fumble woes from last season.  (Although I was a little concerned about extending the ball after he had picked up a first down near the goal line.  Nice that he got the TD, but a little risky.)

His YAC success is an indication that Shanahan is doing a good job of Mixing things up and creating mismatches. 

That being said, It seemed pretty obvious that Shanahan was setting up something with the four stack jet screen on third down in the red zone.  Matt doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball out there quickly enough for that play to have a chance.  That it did turn out to be a set up for the QB draw later was not terribly reassuring.  Why give up six to set up a play that gets you 2?  My hope is that they wanted to create film so that teams will keep a linebacker at home from that set.  Maybe they will create some automatic reads based on the where the linebackers are lined up?  If they stay home, they can work a pick slant from the stacked set.  Etc . . . Regardless, I hope there are other shoes to fall from that formation, because after a little success a year or so ago,  it doesn't seem like that WR screen has NOT worked in the red zone for a while.

9 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

87 views, no responses.  Coleman is a huge weapon for the offense.  He's going to break one and take it to the house soon.

Something you see a significant amount of every week in the NFL in general is RBs creating problems for defenses catching the ball out of the backfield. I agree it's only a matter of time...wouldn't bum me out if it happened next game hehe

2 minutes ago, East_Coast_Falcon said:

Something you see a significant amount of every week in the NFL in general is RBs creating problems for defenses catching the ball out of the backfield. I agree it's only a matter of time...wouldn't bum me out if it happened next game hehe

I'd be fine with him breaking a big one and then not scoring because he stopped to punch that thing on Drew Brees' face.

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I'd be fine with him breaking a big one and then not scoring because he stopped to punch that thing on Drew Brees' face.

Sounds like a good time to post the most creepy commercial ever.  In which we learn that Mrs. Breese's Hot Yoga pants apparently stink worse than the Saints' Offensive Linemen . . .

39 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

You know, having that doosh nozzle on D might actually be an improvement for that sorry azz defense. If that happened, I concur. A scissorkick to the solar plexus would be a nice bonus as well.

On 9/19/2016 at 3:55 PM, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

That touchdown run was tough and gritty...props to Shraeder as well.

Well, apparently he was still leading the YAC BEFORE tonight's game, even after the rest of the league logged their third game stats. 

Of course, he added a ton [edit . . . I guess it was only about 35 since his longest reception was 37, seemed much longer!] from the epic fourth and 1 conversion. 

Sure, it's only week 3, but a 50 percent or so lead in any stat is pretty impressive, especially since the next 10 are all within 10 yards of eachother. 

He was always touted as a big play speed kind of guy, and he is really living up to it so far this season.

On 9/19/2016 at 4:09 PM, JDaveG said:

I was happier that he seemed to be getting better reads and yards up the middle on his runs.  We need the running game to work for this offense to be at its best.  Having 2 solid backs helps a lot with that.

Definitely need to run the ball effectively against denver and keep them on their toes so they don't just tee off against Ryan. 

On 9/19/2016 at 3:48 PM, holymoses said:

Sounds like a good time to post the most creepy commercial ever.  In which we learn that Mrs. Breese's Hot Yoga pants apparently stink worse than the Saints' Offensive Linemen . . .

That was just for the commercial. Breese knows that he'd wrap her yoga pants around his head and use it as a scarf.

9 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I think ESPN hasn't updated their yac stats yet.  Their yardage totals are up to date, but the yac numbers are off.  Coleman only had 33 yards this week, so it makes sense that his total yac only went up by 15 yards this week.  ESPN still shows him with 178 while the site you posted has him at 193.  Which would also make sense for Julio's yac total going up by 123 yards after this week's game.