Rico Allen needs to be switched back asap..1 huge play for the reason

TRUju2111

Cooper did a skinny post, went up in the air, jumped to early so he had to hang up there for a bit, Allen had a chance to cleanly destroy his life, up end him, have him doing backflips, and never go back up or back over the middle vs the falcons again. Instead he pulled up, allowed cooper to cleanly catch the ball and land safely. He pulled up so hard it put him out of position to even make the tackle and Trufant had to tackle him from behind. Hes a corner, I route for the guy but he is obviously out of position. Start Ish when Neal is back

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thereize sp is prob the best FS on the team and yall know how I feel about him but thats not saying much and I just disagree he does not have the size to be a viable FS, you can chalk that up to what I like as the last safety valve before a play turns into a TD.

for the record I really like Ish but he is no FS

43 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Cooper did a skinny post, went up in the air, jumped to early so he had to hang up there for a bit, Allen had a chance to cleanly destroy his life, up end him, have him doing backflips, and never go back up or back over the middle vs the falcons again. Instead he pulled up, allowed cooper to cleanly catch the ball and land safely. He pulled up so hard it put him out of position to even make the tackle and Trufant had to tackle him from behind. Hes a corner, I route for the guy but he is obviously out of position. Start Ish when Neal is back

Some folks call it Route I call it root. :)

Therezie is the only other viable option for a FS right now. Like someone said above...right now Allen would be a great NB but he is in the right place more often than not. Therezie needs those kind of instincts in coverage for him to fully take the FS spot. When Neal and Collins come back we should be in better shape in the secondary. 

1 hour ago, jdawg4876 said:

the truth is he is still out of position a lot and he is too small for a FS to me. heprob would be the best nb on the team though.

Most FS's aren't big tho. He's fine to me. Last week we blitzed a lot and he had to cover so deep balls were not his fault. The corners needed to cover better. Safeties have to cover when we blitz and can't roam. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Most FS's aren't big tho. He's fine to me. Last week we blitzed a lot and he had to cover so deep balls were not his fault. The corners needed to cover better. Safeties have to cover when we blitz and can't roam. 

He is already starting to make business decisions. saw him make some bad tackles against the raiders and I mean bad. I think against large fast tes he will continue to get his lunch ate. He is just not the answer to me at FS. Plus he dives too much and still seems to be unsure where he should be on certain coverages

1 hour ago, quickzero said:

Therezie is the only other viable option for a FS right now. Like someone said above...right now Allen would be a great NB but he is in the right place more often than not. Therezie needs those kind of instincts in coverage for him to fully take the FS spot. When Neal and Collins come back we should be in better shape in the secondary. 

not sure neal is better than ish at this pt. do not get it twisted im not saying neal wont be better than ish by leaps and bounds but ish is playing at a high level right now. after the lbs failed he was the one stopping the plays even being hurt.

5 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

not sure neal is better than ish at this pt. do not get it twisted im not saying neal wont be better than ish by leaps and bounds but ish is playing at a high level right now. after the lbs failed he was the one stopping the plays even being hurt.

Ish is an asset for sure. We are all excited to to see Neal play though. 

Allen thought the ball was gonna go over Cooper's head, and got in position to intercept the ball.  Not to mention, if Allen hits him while he is hanging in the air, he's gonna get flagged for a hit on a defenseless receiver.

Edit:  Bolded part came from Dan Quinn on his 92.9 the Game segment this afternoon.

Edited by dirtybird2k5
Source

Just now, papachaz said:

on the radio, they described that play as if he'd expected the ball to be over coopers head and out of reach, and it was as if he was staying back hoping for an interception, I was on the road and listening to Wes and Dave by then

From watching it, he pulled up and didn't even try to go for the ball. That we could understand but he just stood next to him.