Who drew up our no-defense defense?

slewis1952

Ok we've played a great 2nd half and are up by 14. Oakland gets the ball and runs the same play time after time and scores. It was the short pass over the middle. Who calls defensive signals?I don't remember how long it took them to score, but Oakland made our prevent look like it was preventing us  more than them. It was horrible. We almost played dead. Maybe I am not very smart so I ask, WHAT HAPPENED?

1 minute ago, YoungHeezy said:

Everyone was far back too in their zone. They were giving the short pass catchers to much room to run after catching it.

I think you are right about dropping too deep. It looked like drops were way too deep on the Charles Sims TD in week 1. Hopefully that will get fixed going forward

1 hour ago, slewis1952 said:

Ok we've played a great 2nd half and are up by 14. Oakland gets the ball and runs the same play time after time and scores. It was the short pass over the middle. Who calls defensive signals?I don't remember how long it took them to score, but Oakland made our prevent look like it was preventing us  more than them. It was horrible. We almost played dead. Maybe I am not very smart so I ask, WHAT HAPPENED?

The defense was completely gassed mostly.  That's the trade off with running no huddle, especially early in the season...

5 minutes ago, nomak said:

Can we all agree now that Quinn was not the master mind for the defense in Seattle and agree he was simply the defensive manager for Carroll...

I don't think anybody believed Quinn was the mastermind.  More like apprentice. 

We have 7 players starting on defense with less than 2 years of nfl experience.   I think you need to pump the breaks

Agree.  To me it looked like a complete lack of effort by our Defense.  No Pride.  No Discipline.  They knew we had a 14 point lead and only about 4 min, so they were assuming they could not score 2x in 4 min.   Yes, it worked, but it was not pretty.  After taking a 14 pt lead late in the 4th quarter, you go out there and blow them the f up.  It has been proven that the best time to kick a man is in-fact, when he is down.  Can we ever get to the point of putting our foot on the neck of the other team and choking them out? 

1 hour ago, since68andcounting said:

Yeah but Cap there's a fix for that. It's called "conditioning".

That will happen around game 5 since they don't let them actually practice or play in the preseason anymore.  That's why Belichick says the 1st 4 games of the season are the real preseason and he's exactly right. 

1 hour ago, capologist said:

Yes, your response was...

No, your post was. If anything, the D killed themselves by nothing getting off the field, poor tackling, and dumb penalties. The offense was doing just fine with TOP, they gave the D breaks. That's just a BS remark on your part. The no huddle had nothing to do with it. No huddle doesn't mean you snap the ball fast, in fact most the time Ryan didn't.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

No, your post was. If anything, the D killed themselves by nothing getting off the field, poor tackling, and dumb penalties. The offense was doing just fine with TOP, they gave the D breaks. That's just a BS remark on your part.

If that's the case then explain to me how they had "breaks" when the offense was on the field less than 4 minutes in the 3rd quarter and then 5 minutes in the 4th quarter until the final drive that ran out the clock? Sorry but the facts are not your friend on this one.  In the last 28 minutes we had the ball for less than 9 minutes on 4 drives so please tell me how drives averaging less than 2:30 qualify as "giving the D breaks".  No, we opted for quick scores which put the defense on the field for 67% of the 2nd half in the 2nd game of the season and they were completely gassed which always ALWAYS leads to mental mistakes and poor fundamentals.  

If you want to call me out on something, that's fine but make sure you are based in fact before bringing it...