ok, eating crow this morning. That went a lot better than I thought.

Nono

after two 3 and outs to begin the game our offense started moving the ball. I could tell something was going to happen with the ground game making headway. Despite more silly penalties and extending Raider 3rd downs into 1st downs a couple of time and Matt's redzone interception, I was very impressed with our offense and defense. My Falcon pride was rising up (although I was tense till time finally ran out).

Great game and great must win in Oakland and hostile territory! Now lets continue to kick as-s and make those Saints 0-3!

Edited by Nono

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Didn't you know? A "three and out" is now twelve plays.

LOL! You guys are rough this morning.

But, I too thought for sure that we were going to get clobbered in the Black Hole. I was happy to see they didn't come out flat after halftime. They kept pressing, and put two more TDs on the board in the 4th (with the ball finally bouncing our way for once on the deflected pass in the end zone).

Edited by wizeone

4 hours ago, nomak said:

I too had a plate of crow.  But glad I did.    

Same here, nothing wrong with having to eat a little crow and see our offense come alive and win a big game. I even washed it down with a few beer.  I will gladly eat many more servings of crow as long as they keep winning.

The three TE sets were magic in this matchup. It shows me Quinn and Shanahan are at least paying attention. Mack was rather disruptive at times in week 1. The Falcons just put more TEs on the field than the LBs could deal with.  It was important to give Mack a way to occupy his time other than jumping running plays and harassing the QB. 

2 hours ago, Nono said:

after two 3 and outs to begin the game our offense started moving the ball. I could tell something was going to happen with the ground game making headway. Despite more silly penalties and extending Raider 3rd downs into 1st downs a couple of time and Matt's redzone interception, I was very impressed with our offense and defense. My Falcon pride was rising up (although I was tense till time finally ran out).

Great game and great must win in Oakland and hostile territory! Now lets continue to kick as-s and make those Saints 0-3!

I was paying attention in week 1. Oakland's D did nothing that impressed me vs. NO. I figured we would score with them. I just didn't know who would score more. I was worried about Mack, but we handled him mostly well. The wonderful bouncing ball may have well been the difference is success and failure. I can live that. Heck, I can revel in that! Chalk one up for the good guys!

29 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Same here, nothing wrong with having to eat a little crow and see our offense come alive and win a big game. I even washed it down with a few beer.  I will glad eat many more servings of crow as long as they keep winning.

You got that right. 

20 minutes ago, falcndave said:

The three TE sets were magic in this matchup. It shows me Quinn and Shanahan are at least paying attention. Mack was rather disruptive at times in week 1. The Falcons just put more TEs on the field than the LBs could deal with.  It was important to give Mack a way to occupy his time other than jumping running plays and harassing the QB. 

Love seeing 3 TE set

1 hour ago, wizeone said:

LOL! You guys are rough this morning.

But, I too thought for sure that we were going to get clobbered in the Black Hole. I was happy to see they didn't come out flat after halftime. They kept pressing, and put two more TDs on the board in the 4th (with the ball finally bouncing our way for once on the deflected pass in the end zone).

I knew the team would play hard and not get clobbered but I thought we would find a way to lose in the end, like we have been trending. 

2 minutes ago, tactician said:

Raiders defense is hot garbage. I mean besides Mack they literally have nothing.

Guess you had to say that twice, it sounded so good! 

But in all seriousness, The Falcons Offense made them look like exactly what they are yesterday and that is a step up from last year.

I have to give credit were its due. As much as I hate it with Shenanahans!!

This team still has the same issues we always have under Quinn

No QB pressure

Redzone turnovers

Stupid penalties

Defense gives up points easily and at the worst times. 

I want to see a few games where these issues are corrected. Until then we may squek out a few games every now and then but we are an awful team and have no chance at getting to the playoffs. 

Just now, poutlipper said:

What if... and this is crazy talk... but what if the Raiders defense opened the season against two top offenses in the Saints and... wait for it... the Falcons?  

Not quite ready to call the Falcons O a top offense just yet there Skippy.... It's only two games and they started pretty hot last year as well and fell apart for the last 11.

9 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Not quite ready to call the Falcons O a top offense just yet there Skippy.... It's only two games and they started pretty hot last year as well and fell apart for the last 11.

Good offenses know how to exploit the weaknesses or neutralize the strength of a defense. Almost 550 yards of offense on the road against a D that many expected to dominate with Bruce Irvin and Khalil Mack is no fluke.

17 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Oh no doubt  about it.  Definitely one of the top through the first two weeks though.  Just need to avoid last year's meltdown.

4 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Good offenses know how to exploit the weaknesses or neutralize the strength of a defense. Almost 550 yards of offense on the road against a D that many expected to dominate with Bruce Irvin and Khalil Mack is no fluke.

Good offenses are also Consistent, which takes time(longer than two games) and tend not to turn the ball over on a regular bases in the red zone.

The offense A good day, lets just leave it at that and see where it goes from there.