Hate Week! With a Saints Fan...

saints4life25

Good evening, my friends. Many of you know me. If you don't, I come in peace. Congratulations on the gritty win today. Watched the game. Thought the offense played well and the defense did enough against a very good offense. 

Saints are coming in 0-2, after losing 2 games at the buzzer. One game, an offense onslaught, another a defensive slugfest. 

I'll be here all week. Any questions, mention me or comment here. I'll try to answer, as best I can.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Your teams defense might want to get to lubing up early because it's going to get brutal.

Very well may. We're down 4 corners since training camp. Lost Lewis, our starter. Then lost Swann, our nickel. Then lost Breaux, our starter. Today we lost Williams, our starter that took the place of Lewis and then Breaux. 

The guys played a very good game today, against a quality offense. Not sure what to expect this week.

1 minute ago, saints4life25 said:

Very well may. We're down 4 corners since training camp. Lost Lewis, our starter. Then lost Swann, our nickel. Then lost Breaux, our starter. Today we lost Williams, our starter that took the place of Lewis and then Breaux. 

The guys played a very good game today, against a quality offense. Not sure what to expect this week.

Dam, what the **** have your guys been eating down their?  Need more milk in that Saints diet.  How is the Saints pass rush?

1 minute ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Dam, what the **** have your guys been eating down their?  Need more milk in that Saints diet.  How is the Saints pass rush?

Lewis had hip surgery, he was released. Swann, I believe, had lingering concussion issues from last year. Breaux broke his fibula. Williams took a nasty hit to the head today. Lost consciousness. Very scary. Didn't move for what seemed like forever. Have no idea when he'll be back. 

The pass rush didn't do a lot last week. Got some pressure, but no sacks. Today, they turned it on. The interior of Davison and Fairley got a lot of push and Jordan lived in the backfield. The corners played very soft today, as you would expect with the injuries, which left the short-intermidiate throws open, so there weren't very many chances for sacks, but pressure was there consistently. 

7 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

Lewis had hip surgery, he was released. Swann, I believe, had lingering concussion issues from last year. Breaux broke his fibula. Williams took a nasty hit to the head today. Lost consciousness. Very scary. Didn't move for what seemed like forever. Have no idea when he'll be back. 

The pass rush didn't do a lot last week. Got some pressure, but no sacks. Today, they turned it on. The interior of Davison and Fairley got a lot of push and Jordan lived in the backfield. The corners played very soft today, as you would expect with the injuries, which left the short-intermidiate throws open, so there weren't very many chances for sacks, but pressure was there consistently. 

I saw that about Williams...scary.  Really hope he's okay.  I did read something that he's able to move his fingers and toes, so I guess that eases some concerns about a worst case scenario.

Hate this stuff...hoping for a positive outcome for him.

Just now, hjerry said:

Having not followed your defense during the offseason, how much has losing Rankins affected/hurt your defense in your opinion?

The Fairley addition has really helped make absorbing the injury a little easier. Obviously, you'd like him to be part of the rotation, but Davison had a great day today, as well as Fairley, and seems to have really taken a giant step forward in his progression. Giants averaged 2 YPC, mainly because of domination up front. Excited to get him back and see him next to Fairley. 

Just now, PK Manley said:

I saw that about Williams...scary.  Really hope he's okay.  I did read something that he's able to move his fingers and toes, so I guess that eases some concerns about a worst case scenario.

Hate this stuff...hoping for a positive outcome.

They say the CT scan on the spine came back negative and he traveled back with the team, which is great news. One of the scariest moments I've ever witnessed. 

When something like that happens, it goes beyond football. At first, you see him down and you think, **** another one?? Then, as he stays down, motionless, you begin to worry about him as a person, and forget about football. 

I'll be honest, I fully expect the Saints to kick the **** out of us, could possibly be a shoot out but I honestly feel we have a better shot at beating Denver than Carolina or New Orleans. For 2 simple reasons, #1 our pop Warner defense wont touch Brees. #2 Quinn doesn't seem to take rival games serious "they're just another game." so were 1-6 against the division

2 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

They say the CT scan on the spine came back negative and he traveled back with the team, which is great news. One of the scariest moments I've ever witnessed. 

When something like that happens, it goes beyond football. At first, you see him down and you think, **** another one?? Then, as he stays down, motionless, you begin to worry about him as a person, and forget about football. 

That's great to hear.  Hope it doesn't end up being that serious.

Yeah, it absolutely goes beyond football.  As a UGA fan, it still hurts to think about the opposing player that got paralyzed against us last year, although it has been amazing how the school has continued to support him.

3 hours ago, Emmitt said:

That's a first for me. I've never heard the term defensive slug fest with the Saints in the same sentence.

Can't say the last time the Falcons have been either though.

Like someone said in chat earlier... watching the Saints/Giants game was like watching a wheelchair race...

I wouldn't call it so much a defensive slugfest as I'd call it a terrible offensive game.