Ryan spreading it around

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

For all the talk about him not going through progressions correctly, he sure was spreading the ball around today. I don't have the stats but it seems like every one caught a ball at some point. Loved to see that.

Stupid Kyle and his stupid 1-option offense!

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ice has been pretty good the first two weeks.

No he hasn't been.  His stats have been good but his stats have always looked good.  He's been okay...certainly not the main problem.  Right now, my biggest concern with MR2 is his accuracy.  That use to be what he was really good at short to midrange but lately it seems like half his passes or more are off even when giving him some benefit of keeping it away from close defenders. 

Edited by Monolith2001

I had a few times today where my initial reaction to the announcer naming the receiver was "Wait, WHO caught it?"

Granted, that's partly me being insanely busy at work during this past off-season and apparently not knowing our roster as well as I should.

But it's also fantastic that we're not hearing the same 3-4 names over and over. 

Really pleased with the offense through 2 games.

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

No he hasn't been.  His stats have been good but his stats have always looked good.  He's been okay...certainly not the main problem.  Right now, my biggest concern with MR2 is his accuracy.  That use to be what he was really good short to midrange but lately it seems like half his passes or more are off even when giving him some benefit of keeping it away from close defenders. 

After two weeks of nearly throwing 70% completion rate each game you're worried about his accuracy...really?  

No seriously...really?  

4 minutes ago, nomak said:

After two weeks of nearly throwing 70% completion rate each game you're worried about his accuracy...really?  

No seriously...really?  

People complain about accuracy because he had  3 or 4  throws off of the mark today.

He was pinpoint  most of the time people people here like to focus on the negative.

30 minutes ago, red falcon said:

He looks good, just don't force it in the red zone 

The redzone INT wasn't forced. Tamme was open, the throw just needed to be better (not behind him). The good thing is (and scary for others) is that Ryan can and is still getting better in Kyle's system and he's already putting up stellar numbers. The chemistry is getting better. Just gotta tighten it up some.

Edited by JerseyNo12

2 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

The redzone INT wasn't forced. Tamme was open, the throw just needed to be better (not behind him). The good thing is (and scary for others) is that Ryan can and is still getting better in Kyle's system and he's already putting up stellar numbers.

We'll agree to disagree, I thought it was a tight window. Throw it away and live to fight another day. I agree with you saying Matt is getting better. We got some decent wr depth now and better line play. I'm excited about the future.

25 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

The redzone INT wasn't forced. Tamme was open, the throw just needed to be better (not behind him). The good thing is (and scary for others) is that Ryan can and is still getting better in Kyle's system and he's already putting up stellar numbers. The chemistry is getting better. Just gotta tighten it up some.

This is pretty much how I feel. He had a few throws he needed to be better on but look at what we did in the passing game today. My favorite part of today with Ryan was watching him step up in the pocket. I just want to say that last part again..... he stepped up in the pocket. :)

30 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Through 2 games  Matt Ryan is 2nd in the nf in passing yards, first in YPA, tied for second with a gobble of QBs  with 5 td's, has the most 40 yard completions, number 1 in first down percentage and is second in completion %.

But please lets focus on  an errant throw every now and then.

You forgot to mention he has the highest passer rating in the NFL @ 121.4

34 minutes ago, nomak said:

No seriously...really?  

Yes really.  If he was more accurate with these short and medium routes, we'd get more YAC.  Maybe that doesn't matter and maybe we have all been conditioned to accept modern Matt over past Matt.  I for one would like for our guys to have more of a chance to make a play...especially in the redzone where we seem to like to throw it short  of where we want to get to.

To: Falconsd56

People complain about accuracy because he had  3 or 4  throws off of the mark today.

He was pinpoint  most of the time people people here like to focus on the negative

No I'm not talking just about the 3 or 4 throws off the mark.  I'm also talking about the one's where our guys caught the ball but in stretching or going to the ground had no opportunity to make a play after the catch.  And my memory goes back further than today, he's been off a little more than he use to be.  Matt played a good 2nd half and if he continues to play that way, I'll let him slide on a little to the left/right high/low.