Breaking News: Julio Jones Injury

gazoo

I just heard on radio Falcons told media just before leaving Oakland Julios injury that kept him off feild end of game  was not related to his ankle injury and that he will be fine. Someone rolled up on his leg late in game but it wasn't serious.

On another note, how about Sanu stepping up and making some critical 3rd down catches again including that UBER critical one on last drive when Julio whet down to keep ball out of Raiders hands.

They are never going to admit anything serious immediately after the game unless the guy was carried off on a stretcher.  The very fact that he was still standing on the sidelines in his full padding and uniform, though, probably was a good sign.

I am not worried about Julio anyway as he would play through most injuries that others would want 6 weeks off for.

7 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

They are never going to admit anything serious immediately after the game unless the guy was carried off on a stretcher.  The very fact that he was still standing on the sidelines in his full padding and uniform, though, probably was a good sign.

I am not worried about Julio anyway as he would play through most injuries that others would want 6 weeks off for.

What he said.  I don't expect any real honesty unless it was something that was undeniable.  That said, not really worried that he wasn't in late.  

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I just heard on radio Falcons told media just before leaving Oakland Julios injury that kept him off feild end of game  was not related to his ankle injury and that he will be fine. Someone rolled up on his leg late in game but it wasn't serious.

On another note, how about Sanu stepping up and making some critical 3rd down catches again including that UBER critical one on last drive when Julio whet down to keep ball out of Raiders hands.

Glad to hear this --- hope it's true, and JJ doesn't have to miss any on-the-field time --- we NEED him!!!

22 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Totally true!  He did that at BAMA too!

6 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

I love #11 but if he's ok and left walking off the field and he's suppose to be fine, why the hel! didnt he go back in the gm to help us win. Julio is soft and/or injury prone. I want a guy that would go out there on one leg to win the gm.

Pretty sure it was the coaches decision. I'd rather my best player get healthy than risk further injury.

1 hour ago, Falcon mama said:

I love #11 but if he's ok and left walking off the field and he's suppose to be fine, why the hel! didnt he go back in the gm to help us win. Julio is soft and/or injury prone. I want a guy that would go out there on one leg to win the gm.

Dude played a whole season and ran at the combine with fractured foot and you think he's soft. Ok bro

1 hour ago, Falcon mama said:

When that one leg is your leg... let me know so I can bring some popcorn and watch you work :munch:

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

On Julio's last play he also took a shot to the head and staggerred to his feet.  It  would not surprise me to hear he was in the concussion protocol.  Maybe I over react because the announcers didn't notice. 

1 hour ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Julio won't have a super long career because of injuries. Think Calvin Johnson. Freak Athlete but walked away a lot earlier than expected. He will touch Calvin's numbers I believe. 

Losing doesn't help any. I know Calvin denied that losing had any impact on his decision but do you really think he would have walked away if the Lions were a Super Bowl contender? No way, not as young as he still is and the kind of player he was.

We spread the ball around great today...7 different recievers before middle of the second quarter. Let him rest up and get healthy. We need him in post season as much as the regular season and Id rather have him beast out for us last half of the regular season and keep momentum up in the postseason.

Edited by FenixFalcon

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Losing doesn't help any. I know Calvin denied that losing had any impact on his decision but do you really think he would have walked away if the Lions were a Super Bowl contender? No way, not as young as he still is and the kind of player he was.

He had all the leverage in the world to be traded to a contender though. "Trade me or I'm going to retire." Teams would have given up something decent. Maybe he just didn't wanna go out like that. Who knows?

9 hours ago, Falcon mama said:

He broad jumped nearly 11 feet at the combine with a broke foot,, So it's obvious you don't know how tough JJ is..... I watched him do that .... He's as tough as anybody .... You better be glad he's a Falcon.. Without him on our team.. We would not have any hope of making it to any playoffs..