These next 4 games will define this team.

Ovie_Lover

The next 4 games are absolutely murderous and coming out 2-2 would pretty much guarantee we make the playoffs in my mind. The last 8 games are cake by comparison. Not saying the next four games don't matter (they totally do, a lot), but no one should be panicking. We're set up to get great momentum down the stretch.

1 minute ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Last year, the team had a cake schedule and barely escaped with a .500 record. Im not gonna look it as easy and hopefully Quinn doesn't either.. 

Doesn't matter how I look at it. My opinion has literally no bearing on this team's preparation. And last year we wouldn't beat the Raiders imho. Offense wasn't nearly good enough. This year is different.

Next week will be really brutal...we'll be playing against the Saints with a chip on their shoulder in their house, the NFL itself because they want to milk the Katrina thing one more time, and most of the world will be pulling against us because of how the media will portray the poor, poor city of New Orleans. If we somehow come out of THAT game with a win, then you might see the beginnings of a real team.

Thus team defines itself from week to week. Our troubles from last year remain the same if not worse. Our apathetic high school pass rush is nauseating, our red zone deficiencies continue and our Rugby tackling experiment sucks. Glad for a win but it's not all candies and nuts. The best teams in this league are never satisfied. We are far from that.

1 minute ago, South GA Bird said:

Thus team defines itself from week to week. Our troubles from last year remain the same if not worse. Our apathetic high school pass rush is nauseating, our red zone deficiencies continue and our Rugby tackling experiment sucks. Glad for a win but it's not all candies and nuts. The best teams in this league are never satisfied. We are far from that.

Who says the Falcons are satisfied?

I think this team has already defined itself. Our defense is garbage, we can't sack the QB, we commit 3rd down penalties that give the other team 1st downs. Our offense out thinks itself and doesn't play to the strengths of the players in it and we still make mistakes in the redzone. That is who this team is

6 minutes ago, South GA Bird said:

our red zone deficiencies continue with 3 straight redzone scores? ok bro...

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Who says the Falcons are satisfied?

Not saying they're satisfied. I'm saying the best never rest. Patriots are prime example. No Brady no problem. I see as Quinns persona to blow sunshine up their azzes and over emphasizing the positive instead of correcting the still weaknesses carried over from last year.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is my thought through this tough stretch.  Obviously we let the buccies game get out of hand.  That was a win we needed.

Blowing divisional games sucks big time. I would have taken a win over the Sucs over the win today. But I'll take 1-1 over 0-2. If by some miracle we can beat the Saints and Panthers, I'll be happy. Those are the two that would be the biggest to win

2 minutes ago, South GA Bird said:

Not saying they're satisfied. I'm saying the best never rest. Patriots are prime example. No Brady no problem. I see as Quinns persona to blow sunshine up their azzes and over emphasizing the positive instead of correcting the still weaknesses carried over from last year.

?? How do you know that after 2 games? How do you know that Quinn and the rest of the coaches aren't ripping the team in the film room this week  over poor tackling, stupid penalties and missed red zone opportunities?