This is a very good win

Kaptain Krazy

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

His red zone pick was pretty ugly. But, he had himself a good game despite that

Most will be petty accepting of 1 pick if you package it with 3 TDs.  Of course, some will point out two of the TDs were off of, or set up by, dumb luck bounces. Those people will never be happy anyway. Never apologize for a win...especially a road win. 

One thing I did like about his int, he was decisive, aggressive, and fired the ball.  It was certainly not placed where it needed to be.  He had about 4 throws that could have been better. A couple of the screens were not just right. He missed Sanu badly down the seem. But, he was consistently confident and aggressive.  You did not see him patting the ball and acting indecisive. It helps that the Oakland secondary is a complete sieve, but it was still good to see him stepping into throws and letting go of them. 

This is a good win. I thought this game had the potential to be very ugly for us. Our offensive line played great, coaches made adjustments, it not easy to put your ego aside and say maybe Matt should have more control. They did and it worked today. Raiders came back against the Saints in New Orleans. Something we know very well isn't easy. Say what you will about the Saints but they also went to New York and competed with the Giants. This is a good win. We have issues on defense, but other than penalties keeping drives alive, they are doing okay at times. They'll get better. The last touchdown drive was frustrating though. 

9 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Looking at the win today it would be easy to pencil in a W against the Saints. But they somehow haven't figure out how to climb that mountain yet. It's like no matter how bad the Saints are they're still good enough to beat us. Hopefully this changes come Monday.

Not to mention that it's the 10th anniversary of Katrina and the NFL will exploiting the **** out of that to get in their "humanitarian" message....the world be against us, so we, as fans, had better steel ourselves and not let the lovefest for the Saints get under our skins. It WILL happen.

The way this team is coached and has played I do not look at any individual game and think we will win. I literally think we are going to lose every game. Their are fundamental issues that still are consistent with this team that makes it hard to beat anyone. Not sacking the QB, Redzone turnovers, lax defense when it matters, 3rd down penalties. Until these issues are cleaned up every team we play has a good shot to win.

Edited by MAD597

40 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Saints on Monday Night Football? Should be a win by all intensive purposes, but we have seen this story before. Yikes.

Whats the over /under on Katrina referrences? Or camera shots of the blocked kick statue?...Think I will play my own drinking game for every one/should be wasted before the end of the 1st quarter,**** maybe even before kickoff if you include the pregame

The key was a balance between rushing and passing attempts...   roughly a 1 to 1 balance (29 to 34).  When you have about 40 passes to 20 rushes, unless you have a Brady or Rogers...   mistakes multiply.  If they maintain this balance with current talent aboard, they'll definitely win more than they lose.  

2 minutes ago, rogueleadersf said:

Whats the over /under on Katrina referrences? Or camera shots of the blocked kick statue?...Think I will play my own drinking game for every one/should be wasted before the end of the 1st quarter,**** maybe even before kickoff if you include the pregame

During the actual game I'll say about 7. If we are counting pre game too, about 100. Can we PLEASE stop playing New Orleans in NOLA on Monday nights?