Jump to content

Odds Of Making The Playoffs


Sponge
 Share

Recommended Posts

ESPN said that teams who start 0-2 have a 12% chance of making the playoffs. Technically, the season is over by the end of week 2 according to them. This makes the Raiders game a must win or could become a season ending backbreaker. Thoughts and odds of the Falcons making the playoffs potentially starting 0-2?

 

I personally believe they'll win tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If someone says we can't make the playoffs after one loss this starts to happen...

lemmings2.gif

Man that is terrifying.  You can literally see them twisting and turning trying to stop the fall after being kicked over the ledge.  Yeah, you heard right.  That video was never what they said it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

ESPN said that teams who start 0-2 have a 12% chance of making the playoffs. Technically, the season is over by the end of week 2 according to them. This makes the Raiders game a must win or could become a season ending backbreaker. Thoughts and odds of the Falcons making the playoffs potentially starting 0-2?

 

I personally believe they'll win tomorrow.

Odds?  

What are the odds of making the playoffs when you start 5-0 again? Like 90 something %?

**** odds...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

ESPN said that teams who start 0-2 have a 12% chance of making the playoffs. Technically, the season is over by the end of week 2 according to them. This makes the Raiders game a must win or could become a season ending backbreaker. Thoughts and odds of the Falcons making the playoffs potentially starting 0-2?

 

I personally believe they'll win tomorrow.

Really?  A season ending backbreaker?  It's not college football.  That said, with the stretch of games coming up, it would be an important win.

This early in the season, that causality is backwards.  It's not that going 0-2 is such a huge hole that you likely won't make the playoffs, it's that teams that are not playoff contenders are much more likely to start 0-2.

Seahawks were 0-2 and then 2-4 last year and made it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one word never used by teams themselves, is "rebuild." But we are rebuilding. We have serious youth on the defensive side, but where we aren't young, we are generally very old. We've drafted poorly far back and very few draft picks entering their 5, 6th year.

If we have a bad season and draft high, I'd like the LSU running back. He will change our offense completely and keep our defense off the field. He's an amazing back and with players like Julio, Sanu, Hardy on the field he would be mind boggling. 

We'll get more defensive depth and another FA to shore up the DL and OL, DB. 

I'm  bothered by how little enjoyment this fan base gets out of watching them try to build this. The board is filled with Shanahan and hurry up. The posters know nothing about Shanahan's offense. Matt Ryan had the reputation as a cerebral QB-there's no reason he can't master an offense that's been executed by 30,40 qbs. But we lack talent and we definitely lack playmakers who on occaission can take over part of a game.  There's no reason for all the hysteria and whining. I don't know if DQ can be a HC. I don't know why Beasley isn't developing fast. But everyone is putting forth a ton of effort and trying to get things right. Why can't that be enjoyable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, BCurt57 said:

The one word never used by teams themselves, is "rebuild." But we are rebuilding. We have serious youth on the defensive side, but where we aren't young, we are generally very old. We've drafted poorly far back and very few draft picks entering their 5, 6th year.

If we have a bad season and draft high, I'd like the LSU running back. He will change our offense completely and keep our defense off the field. He's an amazing back and with players like Julio, Sanu, Hardy on the field he would be mind boggling. 

We'll get more defensive depth and another FA to shore up the DL and OL, DB. 

I'm  bothered by how little enjoyment this fan base gets out of watching them try to build this. The board is filled with Shanahan and hurry up. The posters know nothing about Shanahan's offense. Matt Ryan had the reputation as a cerebral QB-there's no reason he can't master an offense that's been executed by 30,40 qbs. But we lack talent and we definitely lack playmakers who on occaission can take over part of a game.  There's no reason for all the hysteria and whining. I don't know if DQ can be a HC. I don't know why Beasley isn't developing fast. But everyone is putting forth a ton of effort and trying to get things right. Why can't that be enjoyable?

Beats me. I don't understand why everybody isn't exactly like everybody else, so there wouldn't be a-holes who look around them and say, "y'all don't think like I do, so therefore all of you suck."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If someone says we can't make the playoffs after one loss this starts to happen...

lemmings2.gif

I'm curious, are you referring to the board as rats, or is the focus on going off the cliff, or that there's nothing they can do to stop themselves, or is it D: all of the above

I wish someone could photoshop some board members names on some of them just before they go off the egde......LOL

also must ask, someone else referenced this 'video' what video is that, and where can I find it to watch it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was uncomfortable coming into the season understanding this would not be a playoff run for this team. I've said 100 times now, I think we are much improved talent wise, but I don't expect it to show up on the record this season. We have a cupcake of a schedule last year, and we don't this year. So, more talent...same result.

This season, I'm talking each week on its own merit. If  we win a game, we are champions of the week. If we don't we are building talent...hopefully. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HA! Playoffs! Mr Positive here; but I have to call a tird a tird...or is turd? We will be very fortunate to go 4-12. No pass rush for how long now? Really? Youre talking playoffs? Success? No; we are 0-3 against Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay man! The same coaches beat us that we ran off and were tipping hats again.. Coach is happy about speed when we cant tackle and make stupid penalties. I believe this can change; but I believed that 3 years ago. Watching abd football is not good and seeing TB beat our azz last week; its just to hard to watch. Then we get to rebuild?? FreaK this! 

Why go through it after being a fan for 45 fricking years? My fence needs painting. There are girls that want to play hide the sausage. Lets get real. Playoffs. Fricking high!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On September 17, 2016 at 10:48 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

I like sound...I hated silent films

 

How great would it be too here Quinn give this type of emotion and response instead of the same pc don't want to hurt anybody's feelings stuff we get on the weekly. Cue up the late Denny Green, the Herminatir, Ditka, Buddy Ryan, even s Chucky scowl or a Cowher pirate face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...