Confessions of a 7 year old Falcons Fan!

mattyicefalcon

I moved with my family to Los Angeles 7 years ago because of new job offer ...right after my first son was born in Atlanta. 

My wife has been a lifelong Rams fan ( over 16 years ) and other day we were having a discussion about club loyalty along with our 2nd born whos now 5 since she has started to watch football with us (mainly with her mom --- smh ) 

I ask my son = Pledge your loyalty to ONE football club for life. FALCONS or RAMS

My wife interrupts = Bear in mind son, Falcons keep choking almost every other game and losing has been a trend for past several years. 

Son responds quickly = Thats ok Mommy! They still do win SOME games and they still try hard so LOVE them and they will be my FALCONS FOREVER! 

I was almost teary eyed to see that unwavering & selfless love for a team he barely started watching with me since he was 3.

I sooo wish we all loyal falcons fans (including myself)  can simply ACCEPT our team for who they are and keep away from bashing our players. 

Just thought would share this sweet candid moment about our biased Falcons Family in California. 

Cheers!

#CaliforniaFalconsFamily 

Edited by mattyicefalcon

My wife interrupts = Bear in mind son, Falcons keep choking almost every other game and losing has been a trend for past several years. 

...what have the Rams been doing? 

Lol just saying. I'm nervous to see where my son (11 months) eventually puts his loyalty. We live near Green Bay.. But we are taking him to a Falcons game this year. Maybe that'll be something to sway him. First game with falcons - stay with them 

15 minutes ago, WisFalcon said:

...what have the Rams been doing? 

lol...its all good. It happened the night before they got devoured by 49ers = 28 - 0. Since then she's been staying away from football topics :)

29 minutes ago, WisFalcon said:

...what have the Rams been doing

Lol just saying. I'm nervous to see where my son (11 months) eventually puts his loyalty. We live near Green Bay.. But we are taking him to a Falcons game this year. Maybe that'll be something to sway him. First game with falcons - stay with them 

well, in her defense, you have to have at least been IN the game at some point to be able to claim 'choked' as the reason for losing, LOL