DeVondre Campbell is out of Raiders game with ankle injury

theProf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great. I think we lose so much just from the stand point of there being 2 rookie lbs out there. Especially early in the season. Twice as many mistakes. With Spoon being in there, some of the dumb things that the rookies will do can be limited. By midseason alot of that stuff would be cleaned up but right now, having Spoon out there is better. He still can cover so we won't miss much.

16 minutes ago, krammmit said:

This is great. I think we lose so much just from the stand point of there being 2 rookie lbs out there. Especially early in the season. Twice as many mistakes. With Spoon being in there, some of the dumb things that the rookies will do can be limited. By midseason alit of,that stuff would be cleaned up but right now, having Spoon out there is better. He still can cover so we won't miss much.

That's not necessarily true because what you compensate is athletic ability. Spoon gave up a long TD last week. You may take care of a few mental mistakes but you can't overcome athletic ability. That's where it will show up. I have no issue with rookies starting what so ever. That's how they learn and that's how you develop a strong unit. Let em get their lumps early. 

I am sure its just one ankle. Can't they just spit on it then tape that bad boy up? He would be good to go. 

I can't stand having artificial turf. :argh: If the NFL truly wanted to cut down in injuries they would outlaw the use of turf. Until then don't try and sell me on dang player safety in this league!!!! :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, theProf said:

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said both Julio Jones (ankle) and Mohamed Sanu (ankle) had full participation in practice Friday and are good to go Sunday. Brooks Reed (shoulder) questionable. DeVondre Campbell is out with ankle injury.

fukking great

4 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Get well soon Devondre, my favorite pick from this draft class. 

He's shaping up to be mine too  

5 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Id rather have Campbell in there but 'Im good with Spoon holding it down. Hopefully we get both Campbell and Neal back against the Saints next week.

Me too. 

42 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That's not necessarily true because what you compensate is athletic ability. Spoon gave up a long TD last week. You may take care of a few mental mistakes but you can't overcome athletic ability. That's where it will show up. I have no issue with rookies starting what so ever. That's how they learn and that's how you develop a strong unit. Let em get their lumps early. 

Spoon gave up a td but he was all over the tight end. Jones gave up a td as well when he shifted to the right to help Wheeler out and the area that he vacated was right where the td was. I think its when they went up 17. Spoons no 4.4 but he's not lacking in athleticism.

39 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

****!  Did he get hurt in practice?

I think Campbell hurt his ankle during Thursday's practice, since he fully participated in Wednesday's practice. From Vaughn McClure:

" Also, rookie starting inside linebacker De'Vondre Campbell was added to the injury report with an ankle injury. Campbell was limited Thursday after having full participation Wednesday. "

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I gotta give it to Spoon though, he did the best anyone could on that play, He was on that guy (ASJ). Don't forget Campbell gave up the big PI and was a participant in the keystone cops Sim's run. I'm not to worried about Spoon coming in. I think he may ball out and try to get consideration as a starter again. 

Edited by The O.D.B