Falcons 22    SB winner Patriots 40 

Falcons 32     SB winner Seahawks 44

Falcons 29      SB winner Ravens 37

Falcons 33    SB winner Giants 48

Falcons 31       SB winner Packers 47

Falcons 28      SB winner Saints 35

Falcons 34      SB winner Steelers 51

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They only matter if you get them at the right time. Otherwise sacks are completely meaningless. Could you imagine the meltdown from this message board if the Falcons were to ever get 11 sacks in a game and LOSE? Oh jeez.

The D looks like it will be lucky to get 11 for the season:lol:

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

"They only matter if you get them at the right time"

I agree but I would also like to add that, getting a sack, can be a great confidence boost. I think they are always important but not the most important thing. Jets losing to the Bengals last week proves that.

11 hours ago, momak said:

Stats on Sacks Falcons vs SB Winners since 2008

Average since 2008 

Falcons 28.5      SB winner 42

Falcons 19     SB winner Broncos 52

Falcons 22    SB winner Patriots 40 

Falcons 32     SB winner Seahawks 44

Falcons 29      SB winner Ravens 37

Falcons 33    SB winner Giants 48

Falcons 31       SB winner Packers 47

Falcons 28      SB winner Saints 35

Falcons 34      SB winner Steelers 51

Well, I think this is the best stat observation post I've seen on here in the last year... Very Interesting!! Thank you for sharing this.  It's amazing how one D# Sack man can change a game and a season for his team. 

I would like to say also.. that I believe we have some rookies who will be great players for us when they learn how to play without thinking... We do need that one guy who can get to the QB. Freeny will help when he gets his legs back under him. I know he's a blast from the past. But he can still contribute and help teach our young rookies who have the potential to be great players.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They only matter if you get them at the right time. Otherwise sacks are completely meaningless. Could you imagine the meltdown from this message board if the Falcons were to ever get 11 sacks in a game and LOSE? Oh jeez.

11 sacks? How many years to make that? 2 years?  Sacks are huge in this game, it kills momentum and drives

As for OP....I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Are you under the impression that the general fan populace thinks the pass rush is in great shape or something? 

Also, it's probably worth noting that there's a chicken/egg issue here. Remember, as teams win, the teams they play tend to throw the ball much more frequently. Which leads to more opportunities for sacks and more favorable conditions for sacks. 

I think I just solved our problem. We keep concentrating on sacks. Sacks are just plays that go the opposite way. What we need to do is get more pressure on the football. Now hear me out. The quarter back only throws the ball 20-30 times. The ball is used on 50-60 plays.

If we can get pressure on the ball, I believe the ball will start to get rattled and just pop out of peoples hands for no raisins. It happened to Adrian Peterson a few years back. He squeezed the ball too hard and the ball didn't like it so he said **** it I'm outta here.

Same thing with Sanchezs butt fumble... Well actually that was the opposite. The center just tried a new fabric softner. I believe it was called Rosenutz. But you see what I mean. 

We've all wondered why Quinn keeps saying it but I believe I've figured it out. We are essentially changing the game. It truly is "all about the ball".

One more example. A couple of years ago, the ball was having issues with its weight. It got to the point where all the other soccer balls, baseballs, tennis balls, balls balls. They started making fun of football because of its size. Well here comes Tom Brady, and BAM! 

Then football found out about Tom getting in trouble and wanted to do something about it. Well, Toms now got a new ring. 

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

We couldn't get that if we lined up 24 players. Be lucky to have 11 midway into the season.