Falcons Injury Report: Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu Devondre Campbell all limited, Reed out

gazoo

The Falcoholic
Jeanna Thomas 

Oh, dear. The Falcons are banged up heading into Week 2, and there’s not much encouraging news on the injury report. Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu both remained limited in practice, and De’Vondre Campbell showed up on the injury report with an ankle injury.

Dan Quinn said prior to practice that he would anticipate both Sanu and Jones being a full go for Friday. If they aren’t, that’s a problem.

Brooks Reed was once again held out of practice with a shoulder injury. Quinn hoped Reed would be able to work his way up to some limited work in Friday’s practice, but I would not hold your breath in hopes that Reed will play on Sunday against the Raiders.

Dwight Freeney was held out of practice on Wednesday, and it may have been, once again, a rest day for the veteran. Freeney practiced fully on Thursday. Devonta Freeman, who was limited on Wednesday with a quad injury, returned to full practice on Thursday.

Rookie linebacker De’Vondre Campbell was not on Wednesday’s injury report, but he showed up on Thursday’s with an ankle injury. Campbell was limited Thursday, so we’ll watch his status carefully tomorrow.

Keanu Neal did not practice Thursday as he continues to recover from knee surgery.

The Raiders were missing three starting offensive linemen at practice on Thursday. Center Rodney Hudson (knee), right guard Gabe Jackson (knee) and right tackle Menelik Watson (groin) were all held out of practice for a second consecutive day on Thursday. Perhaps the Falcons will actually be able to get a sack this week.

25 minutes ago, gazoo said:
The Falcoholic
Jeanna Thomas 

Oh, dear. The Falcons are banged up heading into Week 2, and there’s not much encouraging news on the injury report. Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu both remained limited in practice, and De’Vondre Campbell showed up on the injury report with an ankle injury.

Dan Quinn said prior to practice that he would anticipate both Sanu and Jones being a full go for Friday. If they aren’t, that’s a problem.

Brooks Reed was once again held out of practice with a shoulder injury. Quinn hoped Reed would be able to work his way up to some limited work in Friday’s practice, but I would not hold your breath in hopes that Reed will play on Sunday against the Raiders.

Dwight Freeney was held out of practice on Wednesday, and it may have been, once again, a rest day for the veteran. Freeney practiced fully on Thursday. Devonta Freeman, who was limited on Wednesday with a quad injury, returned to full practice on Thursday.

Rookie linebacker De’Vondre Campbell was not on Wednesday’s injury report, but he showed up on Thursday’s with an ankle injury. Campbell was limited Thursday, so we’ll watch his status carefully tomorrow.

Keanu Neal did not practice Thursday as he continues to recover from knee surgery.

The Raiders were missing three starting offensive linemen at practice on Thursday. Center Rodney Hudson (knee), right guard Gabe Jackson (knee) and right tackle Menelik Watson (groin) were all held out of practice for a second consecutive day on Thursday. Perhaps the Falcons will actually be able to get a sack this week.

10 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

D@mn. ...is there any good news anywhere. ...I'm starting to get depressed again. ...somebody. ..anybody...say something positive. ..Quick. .

Dude! If needbe Schofield is still out there. We are far from the suck this board says we are. We have some really good talent. Didn't use Goldson last week at all IIRC. We will have a decent year and we are still in the process, too many microwave heads wanting results now, which is not as possible as it seems.

People try and compare the 2015 Falcons to the 2008 Falcons. The team dynamic was way different. Turner had almost 1700 yds, 17 TD's, and ran 4.5 YPC. Then we ran over 2400yds and 4.4 YPC. The defense was on the field less because we were a clock eating offense. Abe had nearly 17 sacks. All stats aside, we won through beating down DL's and people here complained about MT, the OL, the WR's, TE's, LB's, DL, Abraham getting too many snaps...need to use younger talent, and the secondary was weak and old. No joke. Don't listen to everything man.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2008.htm

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! If needbe Schofield is still out there. We are far from the suck this board says we are. We have some really good talent. Didn't use Goldson last week at all IIRC. We will have a decent year and we are still in the process, too many microwave heads wanting results now, which is not as possible as it seems.

People try and compare the 2015 Falcons to the 2008 Falcons. The team dynamic was way different. Turner had almost 1700 yds, 17 TD's, and ran 4.5 YPC. Then we ran over 2400yds and 4.4 YPC. The defense was on the field less because we were a clock eating offense. Abe had nearly 17 sacks. All stats aside, we won through beating down DL's and people here complained about MT, the OL, the WR's, TE's, LB's, DL, Abraham getting too many snaps...need to use younger talent, and the secondary was weak and old. No joke. Don't listen to everything man.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2008.htm

images-7.jpeg

25 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

A lot of injuries, for this early in the season --- I hope it's not a recurring theme!  And I really like DeVondra Campbell ---- he's a playa!!! 
I sure hope his injury is something he can come back from fairly quickly, and isn't something that's going to linger the rest of the season...

We're deep too. Its not like Spoon or Worrilow going down and there's no one else.

Yeah, it's not as worrisome as it would have been last year --- pretty good depth, now. And Spoon has been pretty good so far, "layin' the wood" occasionally, but with Worrilow, there would be somewhat of a drop-off in play (mainly speed), if Campbell were to be lost for an extended period of time...

36 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That's all man. Just a stop gap until everyone is healthy.

Sadly, my impression of Roddy White leads me to believe he's not in football shape, even if they could work things out. He wouldn't be able to contribute probably until guys were healthy anyway. I would love to see him in our uniform again though. Roddy probably been on a McDonald's kick haha

Just now, Dem Birds said:

Sadly, my impression of Roddy White leads me to believe he's not in football shape, even if they could work things out. He wouldn't be able to contribute probably until guys were healthy anyway. I would love to see him in our uniform again though. Roddy probably been on a McDonald's kick haha

Ya'll just being mean. :angry: